Author Topic: Ginny has got to have her eye removed  (Read 10981 times)

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
Re: Ginny has got to have her eye removed
« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2016, 22:15:16 PM »
So sorry Gill :( :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #75 on: May 26, 2016, 17:20:31 PM »
Gill  :hug: I'm sorry, it sounds as if things are going from bad to worse for you  :(

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2016, 11:04:35 AM »
mm might be worth the solicitor remembering who they are doing their job for

I can't pretend to really understand what has gone on, the neighbours reaction seems like a very odd one and I assume that something has happened to create the problem but that is by the by

get on the phone, keep calm but firm, don't be critical but ask to speak to more senior colleagues if the people you are working with can't help you and get all the updates you can

its a horrible time but it will pass and hopefully you will end up with a new home and fresh start - keep with it Gill  :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2016, 01:27:01 AM »
Doctor won't see me here as not registered, my doctor will of I drive the 2hours to,him but didn't make an appointment as don't feel capable of leaving the house anymore.
Rang the Samaritans a couple of weeks ago and they just listen.
I can't leave the cats and obviously don't want to.
Neighbours all round here have been stood at my front wall and gate just staring in my room, so,have to,keep,curtains drawn.
Police aren't interested and won't do anything at all.
Each day I feel worse and worse.
I do,look,after the cats, they are always, fed, groomed and litter trays and water fountains cleaned.
I just don't want to leave the house or speak to anyone.
My temper is on boiling point and I can't even speak to anyone .
I may be having a bit of a meltdown ,but nothing will make me leave the cats, they are all that's keeping me going.

House is no further on, estate agents now won't even give me any updates , just told me today they have passed it to the manager....and they aren't there and can't tell me any more.
 Solicitor hasn't contacted me either , last time I tried to speak to them I was told to,stop hassling them and let them do their job.
The only one that's been of any help is the ones I am not paying who,are dealing with the house sale for the company buying my house.
They may be giving me a pittance for it, but I have to say they have been excellent and patient ,seeing as I was supposed to,complete in April and it's nearly June and nothing !

I know they have only given now till the end on May , they they definately won't wait any longer.
 I did have someone else from a quick sale place come round yesterday as back up , he actually offered '£2000 more , so I told him the situation and said I have to wait another few days .

All of it is just such a mess .
I contacted the equity release council,and put in a complaint yesterday, I also said the manager dealing with it told me he was on the board of the equity release council.
The lady ask me his name, looked through her file .....and he wasn't even on it !
Why is everyone such liars and con men ???
Or, why am I attracting them all ??

I am just about penniless after everything that's happened , I lost £20.000 when that builder ripped me off last year , now I have sold this at a big loss and can just afford this other place that looks like it's about to,fall through .
I have 2 credit cards maxed out now.
Equity release are adding £50 per week interest to what I have to pay back whilst it's all ongoing.
I can't stay here as I will,have a nervous breakdown as I can't cope now .
I have tried to get help in every way possible and got nowhere.

Sorry for all my depressing posts .
I do feel useless and hopeless in everything I do.
Whatever I do , I make mistakes and do everything wrong .
I am nearly 60 and can count on one hand how many times I have been happy in my life and that's only ever been the cats .
Crap childhood, wasn't wanted, crap relationships , cheated on, beat up,and still the only good thing I have is my cats , without them I would truly be desolate .

I can't believe I am getting old and nothing to show for it except disaster after disaster .
Sorry .

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2016, 19:49:48 PM »
Gill  :hug: Sue is right - on all counts.

You are not useless. You are ill and trying to cope with a very difficult situation - on top of your brother's death and everything else that has been happening.

You do sound as if you need some proper support - from GP, Shelter, Samaritans and anyone else who might be able to lighten the load for you.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2016, 18:16:48 PM »
Gill.  You are not useless. :hug:  You are depressed. 

You're trying to handle a stressful situation alone and without help.  I know you really dont want to go to the GP for help until you move, but you need support now, on many levels.  Ring your GP and ring Citizens Advice.  You could even try approaching Shelter.  They dont just help the homeless, but those who are in danger of losing their homes through all manner of reasons.  They may be able to help if you need temporary accommodation.

Please dont try and soldier on alone. 

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2016, 17:52:57 PM »
I have also thought about just paying them off and going for shared ownership, but I read that's not a very good idea either , don't want to end up in more of a mess than I already am in.
Think what my family used to tell me is true.
I am useless !  :'(

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2016, 17:49:09 PM »
Hi,
I have told them all this.
I have already lodged a complaint with the legal ombudsman .
I have forwarded the email to all involved to let them now I have done.
 What they are waiting for is a structural certificate, which the sellers have to supply .
Apparently , their solicitor is now trying to sort that out, but the deadline is getting very close.
Also the interest on the equity release has gone up £200 since this started , on what I have to pay them back as I am moving to a property that's less value than the one I am in now.
I was told  I had to pay back £10.000 which I knew , but today it's gone up to £10200 in 5 weeks !
The longer it's delayed ,the more interest I have to pay until,it's actually got the mortgage ported over.

If I could have done anything with the other house that my brothers friend lives in, I wouldn't be in this mess.
Now her rent money is having to pay this interest.
Feel like I am never going to,get myself out of this hole.

Equity release is the worst thing I could have ever done .
Wish I had never taken it .
Thanks everyone .
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 17:50:27 PM by bunglycat »

Offline pandorawarlord

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: buttonchops, jeronimo, symphony, tenini, montymunchkin
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2016, 17:02:34 PM »
I am hundred of miles from you but have told friends of your plight in case someone can help you

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2016, 10:07:13 AM »
Gill, I'm so sorry, you have had so much to deal with over the past year or so, this must feel like the last straw for you  :hug:

I would love to tell you that everything will be OK  but we both know they would be empty words  :(

It does sound like a good idea to give both sets of sols a piece of your mind, if you have the energy.

Please look after yourself.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2016, 08:03:43 AM »
Gill, you might want to check this out.

http://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/helping-the-public/

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2016, 07:13:15 AM »
You're paying TWO sets of Solicitors, neither of whom can resolve this fiasco?  I think I'd be telling them both that unless they can rectify the situation, you'll be withholding payment on the basis they've been negligent placing you in this position - they should've bee working together to achieve a smooth sale and purchase.

Tell them if it isn't sorted, and damn quick, you'll raise the matter with the Solicitors Regulatory Authority and the Legal Ombudsman.

Please Gill, ring Citizen's Advice and ask for some assistance.  You're not in a great place to be dealing with this by yourself.   :hug: :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2016, 23:44:43 PM »
I have to pay equity release solicitors to port the mortgage what they seem either incapable of doing or just don't want to do.
Then I have to pay the solicitors who are dealing with the sale of this house I am supposed to be buying .

They have been a absolute nightmare .
First of all they did the survey ,then they wanted this certificate, then after taking forever to find it ( nothing to do with me, that was the sellers )
Then they are saying its obsolete and they want a structural,certificate or something which nobody has or ever had.
If this isn't sorted out by Friday, my buyers are backing out as they have waited nearly 2 months to complete and they will have to allocate there funds elsewhere .

I have done nothing but email ,ring and chase every  one involved for weeks and it's come to this .
I told them all what was needed weeks ago.

Someone suggested I ask if anyone can put me and the cats up and let the sale go through and if this doesn't work , look for something else.
That's just not viable, I don't know anyone .
My furniture would have to go in storage , pay £75 a week for that and again 2 lots of removals.
I have nothing left to try anymore .
I feel like the bloody dementors from Harry Potter have sucked my soul and happiness out of me .
 I am sorry, all my posts are depressing reading  :'( :'(

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2016, 18:05:29 PM »
Gill, treasure, why are you paying two sets of solicitors?  This is appalling !  There must be some practical solution they can reach for you.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2016, 16:21:48 PM »
Oh Gill!! What an absolute nightmare for you  :(  >:( I wish there was something I could do to help  :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2016, 16:01:52 PM »
Just to add, I only have till Friday now or my sale falls through .
I need a temporary place to go and there is nowhere that will take me and the cats, so looks like I am still stuck here .
To say I am totally devastated is not even adequate .

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2016, 23:47:27 PM »
Hi Sue,
The cats are really good.
Merlins ulcer has healed up and Ginny had her stitches out tonight.

On the other hand the house isn't ! :'( :'(
More problems and delays over the PRC certificate , first they have it , then they don't, then it's not the right one, then it's not enough , it's just a living nightmare.
I am so depressed over it as its taking forever and no light at the end of the tunnel.
I can easily see this falling through too .
All because it was a prefab type house but has been totally rebuild so,it's now a traditional building.
The mortgage people aren't having it without more and more documents, all which the seller either can't find or doesn't have.
If it's not sorted by the end of this week, the sale will fall through as well as they have been holding the funds since the beginning of April .
It's just one big disaster and I cannot even put into words how depressed I am over it.
In fact this week, I have only got up to feed the cats and gone back to bed, not got changed and not even had a wash .
The only time I did anything was today as I had to take them to the vets .
Each solicitor is blaming the other.
I have now threatened to report them all to the SRA and the legal ombudsman.
I am paying two lots of solicitors and no further forward with exchanging than I was weeks ago !
I just sat and cried most of yesterday and switched my phone off altogether as I just couldn't speak to anyone .i have paid for searches, survey , lost my removals money and nothing !
All because the sellers haven't got the documents, yet, I told them and everyone involved weeks ago this was all,needed , but nobody has done a thing about it .

The only good thing to come out of it is I have lost 2 stone !
I can't eat , I can't sleep without taking a cocktail of tablets .
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 23:50:10 PM by bunglycat, Reason: Adding information »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2016, 06:57:05 AM »
Hi Gill.  How are things going? 

And how are Ginny and Merlin doing?  Thinking of you all.    :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2016, 20:03:59 PM »
Rang them several times today and it went to answer phone every time and I only got a email,at 5.30pm.
Everyone is blaming everyone else.
First there isn't a certificate then suddenly there is ( nobody has seen it though !)
My solicitor has been chasing it up all day and still nothing .
Estate agent is blaming the solicitor, my solicitor is blaming the sellers solicitor and so it goes on and on.
They are all fed up with me ringing and just keep saying I have to wait till this is produced.
I still have no idea if the sellers have one or not.
At 5.30 I was told they had   :Crazy:
When I said why wasn't it produced weeks ago when ask for they then said my solicitor had it then, he has never seen it !
It's like dealing with kids passing all the blame from one to the other.
 I am furious I have lost that money as I am now having to use my credit card again for vet bills and I had paid it off once.
I have no extra money left now and the removals will have to go on my credit card again.
It's cost me another £65 at the vets tonight.
  They are leaving Ginny's stitches till next week as she said it's better to leave a fortnight , she also had her steroid injection as well, plus Fortekur tablets.
Merlin still has a small ulcer and had to get him some more eye remend drops , he is back with Ginny  again next week .
They both get check ups on their eyes again next Friday .

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2016, 16:22:44 PM »
we weren't able to sign ours until all the indemnities were in place - not that it matters - agree with sue that phoning is best

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2016, 15:57:14 PM »
Dawn, contracts are often signed but withheld - exchange of contracts is the key issue.  Once they're exchanged, the buyers and sellers are committed, and can be sued for breach of contract.  However, the conveyancers should be working flat out to resolve this now.

Gill, ring the Estate Agents as well as emailing them.  Emails are easier to ignore (but great for keeping as a paper trail should you need it).

Believe me, if you are on the phone daily to the Solicitor/Estate Agents, they will get fed up, and will get things done just so they don't have to take another call from you asking what's happening.   :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2016, 14:49:56 PM »
I'm a bit bemused by the idea that the contracts are signed but there are still outstanding matters - keep on at them Gill, I know how much you need this move

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2016, 14:30:31 PM »
Thanks
Have had to cancel the removal and still no further forward on this certificate.
Solicitor is doing his best and I paid this company for a survey and they are still wanting this as well .

No idea when I will be moving now .

The estate agents haven't answered my emails, I have no idea if the seller is going to pay for this, if their mortgage has come through or anything at all.

Had to ring round everything I had cancelled and get it all put back again.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2016, 08:22:21 AM »
sue is right, I'm not sure who advised you to book anything until you had exchanged its not something I would recommend - as mentioned indemnity insurance is a very common way of getting out of a hole, we had to do three for the house we got last year

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2016, 06:54:54 AM »
Gill, you need to throw this back to your conveyancers.  They should be co-ordinating your sale and purchase to take place on the same day, exactly so you avoid having to make alternative arrangements for storage, accommodation etc. 

£890 shouldnt be a deal breaker for your seller, and there are ways and means of dealing with this sorts of issues, such as indemnity insurance, which they can investigate and swiftly.  Please - speak to your conveyancer and make some noise of your own.  They're used to it, and it's their job to sort it satisfactorily.

Please don't get bogged down in the negatives of the situation.  This move has to work for you. 

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2016, 20:55:02 PM »
Well, the sellers haven't got the relevant paperwork which is going to cost £890 ( it's a converted Cornish house that was a prefab , but is now a traditional house as all building was done in 1999, but they never got a certificate as the HA had it done and then sold it, years ago it wasn't ask for !)
The house cannot be sold without this certificate, so does that mean they should pay for it !?
I really haven't got the money to fork this amount out now , as I am going to have to put my stuff in storage due to this delay which is going to cost me a double removals cost as it is now.
If I cancel the removals I will lose £900
If I put it in storage it will cost me 70per week plus £500 when I move it , none of which I had planned for.
Also  the cats will have to go into a cattery , which is stressing me out even more as none of them have ever been in one and I have never been away from them
As for me, well I am going to have to sleep in my car as I have nowhere to go !

I cannot believe anyone can have so much bad luck and for so long , ongoing over two years of it now, with no respite  :'( :'(

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2016, 06:58:56 AM »
Loads of "smooth moving" vibes headed your way Gill.   :hug: :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2016, 19:45:07 PM »
Gill  :hug: yes, moving house if sooo stressful! Says she, who has been in the same house for 28 years

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2016, 19:41:43 PM »
Good news all round then :) Hope the move goes well.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2016, 16:06:48 PM »
I don't know Dawn , contracts have been signed , but a couple of hold up with the sellers purchase.
I hope it's resolved in the next day as I am going to have to put my stuff in storage which I don't want to do as it costs a lot more due to it being classed as two moves !

I am fed up of being stressed out  :'(

Thanks for asking

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2016, 09:34:50 AM »
when do you exchange Gill?  fingers crossed for a smooth move

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2016, 05:42:50 AM »
Things will be progressing behind the scenes, Gill.   :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2016, 21:35:56 PM »
Thank you .
Just wish the solicitors would hurry up , can't be anything else left to do now, contracts signed , removals booked , all utilities notified, house all packed and ready to go , so I guess I must be waiting for the sellers solicitor   :Crazy:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2016, 17:53:19 PM »
I hope everything goes smoothly Gill - and that you will be happy and settled in your new home.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2016, 20:26:47 PM »
Now that will be cause for a little celebration.   :)

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2016, 19:07:20 PM »
Thank you.
All being well, if everything goes to plan, I will be moving out of here next Monday too  :wooooo: :yesss: :Party 3:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2016, 18:40:58 PM »
Good steady news Gill.   :hug: :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2016, 17:07:26 PM »
Thanks for the update  ;D Glad to hear that Ginny is doing well and hope that Merlin follows suit.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2016, 15:15:14 PM »
All good with Ginny , thanks.
Back on Friday to remove stitches.
Merlin is doing ok, can't tell really about his eye till,Friday, but he is still having cream twice a day and drops 3 times .
Hoping his will be ok too,
Thanks

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2016, 05:43:11 AM »
So pleased Gill.  Topping up the good vibes xxx

Link to CatChat