Author Topic: I'm lost...my little Moo has gone....  (Read 5973 times)

Offline HelenD

• Senior Cat
  • RIP my gorgeous Schmoo xx
  • Slave to: Buddy
Re: I'm lost...my little Moo has gone....
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2016, 19:50:10 PM »
Thanks Soufflé, good to know people will be able to take the medication and use it, I'd much rather know it was helping a poorly cat!

Thanks Nicola, it is hard to move their things isn't it, I haven't moved anything else yet, still not quite ready. Xx

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2016, 22:55:10 PM »
Helen when I lost my Cidie to kidney disease I asked on Purrs is anyone wanted the meds and one of the rescues was able to take them and use them for a needy cat. I posted them out. That is a lovely thing to do as it helps a needy cat and also a rescue xx
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline Nicola (RockysMum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2016, 12:01:25 PM »
Oh Helen, I’m so sorry for your loss, like everyone on here, I know how hard it is. So much changes when we lose them and there are so many painful, constant reminders of what’s missing. It just takes time for those reminders to make us smile rather than feel so sad.

I lost my HyperT boy Bailey in September. He was the last of my 3 boys and I’d sworn I wouldn’t get another cat. But, the empty household was too much for me and 3 weeks later I got two kittens from a rescue. I’m so glad I did as I was a wreck without him.
But everyone’s different, give yourself time. It took me weeks before I could move any of his things and every time I did, I was a crying mess.

You gave your girl a wonderful life and did right by her at the end  :hug:  :hug:

Offline HelenD

• Senior Cat
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2016, 09:36:49 AM »
Thanks Alison x

So sorry for upsetting you Gill x It is that that's really getting me too though, the mornings are still so painful as that's when she would have emerged from her bed, and we always had our breakfast routine and lots of cuddle time. I'm getting a little better I suppose, but it's still so raw.

I managed to move the litter tray out of the kitchen yesterday, but now I hate looking at the empty space it's left behind, and it's making it harder to think about moving anything else. But I'm not rushing and will just do things when I feel I can.

I was going to ask actually, as there a few cat rescue people on here, do you accept donations of medication? We still have a fair bit left of Moomins tablets, and I would much rather give them to a rescue centre who might be able to used them to help a poorly cat, than just get rid of them?

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2016, 19:38:56 PM »
So sorry Helen :hug: :hug: :hug:

RIP lovely Moo :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2016, 15:00:59 PM »
That furrow made my eyes drip, so remembered when Kocka was ill and had to stay at the vets and the furrow on my bed  I just wanted it to stay  :(

Like Sue when she finally went to the Bridge I discovered that I could not cope without a cat and 24 hours later I contacted CP, I was then forced to move her dishes and things for a home check but everything is packed up safe for when I am ready to look at them again.............10 yrs!

Also have Napoleon and Duchas things too but they had so little of their own compared to her cos she was an only cat and the focus of my life for 10 years after being a cat hater. She trilled and chirped too. Almost sang and was a real character.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2016, 12:14:26 PM »

Oh bless - I like Moo's attitude to the Jack Russell.   :evillaugh:  Our Ross did the same to my stepdaughter's little JR who visits us.   ;)

No, it isn't for everyone, but maybe in time, you'll feel ready to begin again.  :hug: :hug:  Until then, treasure the memories.   :)

Offline HelenD

• Senior Cat
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2016, 11:57:44 AM »
Hi Sue

We did think about it, but I don't think we could just yet. Maybe one day, but after having my little Moo for 18yrs, and with her being such a character, Im not sure she would approve LOL! And I think we need to get used to the idea of her not being here before we decide on anything else. I'm not offended at all though so please don't worry.

Feeling a little better at the moment, my sister came  over and we reminisced about the old days when we all lived together. She had a little Jack Russell then, who loved Moo and wanted to play all the time, but Moo being the 'grande dame' that she was was rarely impressed and mostly regarded the overexcited little dog with utter despair, and once even bit her on the butt when she wouldn't leave her alone LOL!

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 10:42:02 AM »

So sorry Helen  :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 10:04:13 AM »
so sorry to hear this Helen, must admit I'm one who can't stand the silence and have to get another straight away - its not for everyone I know but it gives you another little life to focus on

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 09:53:15 AM »
Helen, I hesitate to say this, because it's a sensitive time, and everyone has different needs (so forgive me if I trespass on your feelings ill advisedly), but have you considered getting another cat straight away?  Not as a replacement for Schmoo, because she can never be replaced, and you wouldn't want her to be.  But as a reason to get up, and in order to give another cat in need a chance at knowing a loving and stable family life? 

It's always been something that we've done, and it's helped tremendously with the feelings of loss.  Not by removing them, because it's not that easy, but there's nothing like having a cat in the house (as you know) for focusing your attention where it's needed.

Sending a gentle hug for you.   :hug: :hug:

Offline HelenD

• Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 09:06:05 AM »
Thank you for the lovely words x

I'm feeling no better today, coming downstairs this morning was awful, the house is so quiet, and I don't know what to do now my girl has gone. There was no shouting at me because breakfast is late, no chirping when I appeared at the door, or head rubs and kisses on the arm of the chair. No shadow following me around the kitchen, and getting underfoot while I prepared her pills and breakfast. The cat bowls that were in the dishwasher when I emptied it set me off all over again...

And no furry cuddles now, as I sit in the living room alone. Not in the usual chair, because I can't just yet. And I'm trying not to look at her beanbag bed, where the furrow she made sleeping in it yesterday is still there.....

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 18:48:26 PM »
Sorry for your loss of Schmoo

I know how hard hyper t is we lost Clio to CRF not Hyper T and currently have Max who has been hyper t for nearly 9 years
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 18:16:41 PM »
Helen, my heart goes out to you.   :hug:

Losing her will be so painful.  Don't rush yourself.  Let the memories come.   :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 17:46:28 PM »
Such a hard time when your little best friend has to leave for the Bridge and we all know how hqard its is, so sorry for your loss  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Do nt worry about moving things, do it all in your own time, I still have Duchas cage up with his things inside and I lost him in Aug 2012! just cant bring myself to dismantle it.

RIP Scmoo you have a left a purr in your meowmys heart

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 17:36:06 PM »
I'm broken right now and everything aches

:hug: :hug: :hug:  Yes indeed it's horrible but you can rest easy that you did right by your gorgeous darling angel girl  :hug: :hug:

I am so very sorry for your loss  :( :( :(

RIP beautiful ginger Schmoo  :Luv2:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 21:14:38 PM by Rosella moggy »

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 17:30:31 PM »
I am so very sorry for your loss. She sounds like an amazing little character and a little one who has left pawprints in your heart that will last forever. You were very strong to let her go in peace and fly free and she wold feel your love and know why it had to be.
I'm sure many of us know exactly how you feel right now. Time does heal a little though and soon you will be able to look back and smile at the special memories of a life shared. Take your time and do things when you feel ready.
Play well at the bridge Moo xx
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline HelenD

• Senior Cat
I'm lost...my little Moo has gone....
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 16:12:26 PM »
I don't know if anyone will remember me still, I was on here regularly a few years ago when my baby Schmoo was diagnosed HyperT with liver issues. I know I haven't been back, and I feel bad, but she's been doing so brilliantly for a good few years since then, and I guess I got out of the habit. You were all so lovely though, and really helped when we were going through some tough times.

I'm feeling so lost right now though, and I know you will understand best, as we finally had to say goodbye to my gorgeous little fighter today :( She'd been doing amazingly well considering her age and all her ailments, and for years we had kept the thyroid steady and in check. And we still were - it was finally a sudden kidney failure which stole my little girl from me. We knew this was it, she would not stand to be kept in at the vets for the days it would need to level her out, and adding kidney meds and food (which lord knows, she wouldn't touch with a barge pole!) to everything else just wasn't fair, and extending her suffering, so we let her sleep.

I don't know what to do with myself now. All her things are still in their place, and although it breaks my heart to see them I can't bring myself to move anything. I know I will have the strength in a few days, but I'm broken right now and everything aches.

She was such a little character, really OCD about her routine, if we didn't adhere to it boy did we know. She made me laugh with her disapproving huffs, and her 'I can't believe you did that' glares when she was not amused. But mostly I'll miss her chirpy greeting meows in the morning, and her snuggles. Oh she was so warm and cuddly, she'd regularly shout at the empty armchair we would sit in if I wasn't in it, to let me know it was cuddle time.  She was one in a million, my ginger ninja, and I can't imagine waking up tomorrow and her not being here...........

Link to CatChat