Author Topic: Waltham Forest Cats (London UK)  (Read 167292 times)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
Re: Waltham Forest Cats (London UK)
« Reply #635 on: October 10, 2016, 21:41:43 PM »
Well, Scott didn't get to the adoption centre today so he's back with Tad. NUts off tomorrow then adoption centre Wednesday.  :doh:

Little Fancy has been offered a forever home  ;D

Carter is with a new fosterer who adores him and his skin is looking so much better for the steroid cream he's been prescribed.  :Luv:

Sasha has turned to the dark side, she's got till Thursday to reconsider or she's off to prison! Literally! We've made a new contact who supplies feral cats to prison farms! How cool is that! They get food, shelter and vet visits twice yearly. A proper little community.  :wow:

Yesterday we trapped three semi-feral kittens at around 4-5 months of age, Bertie Barnaby and Betty are all black sleek little things, Betty has a small eye globe (similar to Pirate) so she needs to be tamed and brought in. Bertie and Barnaby will be off to prison with Sasha with a bit of luck!  :sneaky: Guess Betty will come here too :sigh:

Tonight's drama is rather tinged with sadness, a litter we were waiting for details about has been attacked by a fox and one baby didn't make it. Five survived but have various injuries from bite wounds to missing toes, it's lucky the feeder found them when he did or we'd have lost the lot. The babies are in the vets tonight on ABs and fluids, I've just been to collect mum, who it turns out was abandoned three years ago and has been producing kittens ever since.

Paula, this cat is Pirate's Mummy. I've called her Calypso. She's just gorgeous, sweet natured DLH B&W and will be a dream to rehome but her babies need her for a couple more weeks. She'll go back to them tomorrow (she has milk, loads) then all back to me on Thursday when Sasha goes out. :care:

Fancy's mum has been spayed too... her neglectful owners want her back... over that I have no choice... but at least she will be able to enjoy her own life now (and she lives close to our Marina who will watch over her)  :shify:

We need some luck for Calypso's babies and some strength for our volunteers Mark and Tad who have both come down with suspected cat flu!  :tired: :tired:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #634 on: October 05, 2016, 20:34:31 PM »
I have a penchant for gingers of course.....  :evillaugh:

Me too! Scott is a little sweetheart  :Luv2:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #633 on: October 05, 2016, 19:07:55 PM »
Phwoar - Scott's a little smasher!!   :wow: :wow: :Luv:  I have a penchant for gingers of course.....  :evillaugh:

Offline Tad

• Adult Cat
    • WF4C
  • Slave to: Missy Onyx / Panther Pooh Pooh / Miss JT / Tallulah / Hallie
« Reply #632 on: October 05, 2016, 18:04:17 PM »
Hello Furgang  :hug:

Here is a video of Scott, one of 4 kittens saved from garden that look like a rubbish tip!!! - https://youtu.be/faGVbw7TBEQ

Watching this make my heart jump with love for this little man  :Luv: considering he and his siblings was just fed and not really handled, he has come on really well  :) along side his sister Simone and not far behind in liking the attention is Spike and Sian ( both still abit stand offish )  :evillaugh:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #631 on: October 05, 2016, 14:51:13 PM »
You have every reason to be proud Sheila!  :gold stars:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #630 on: October 05, 2016, 05:41:38 AM »
How lovely Sheila - I actually awoke this morning and thought immediately of you, wondering how things were going.  Now I know.  Special hugs for Hero.   :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #629 on: October 04, 2016, 22:09:56 PM »
Two weeks since my last update... the news is all generally good so here's the snapshot  ;D

Hero has had the remainder of his teeth removed. We nearly lost him as he crashed and had to go on an IV drip of antibiotics. He dropped weight dramamtically but has rallied somewhat and is back with me now recovering on a mixture of chikkun, complivit  and dweemies. Nought wrong with that sez us. :crossed:

The two kittens Anton and Hans have been formally adopted and doing just great.  ;D

Two more babies Nutmeg and Muffin have found new homes and their brothers Gingersnap and Cupcake go this week. Cupcake is being paired with little Booboo who was found under a car in the thunderstorms a fortnight ago ;D

Mary has found a new forever home with the biology teacher and her reptiles  ;D

Baby's six babies are now 6 weeks old and two are already reserved!  ;D

Mister Peony has been adopted!  ;D

Mister Carter is back with me for rehab as his scabby head is still not healing. Skin samples off to the lab.  :sick:

Two semi feral boys brought in for TNR have been successfully tamed!  >:( :)

Four more kittens rescued from a feral colony turned into rehomable pets and are off to the adoption centre tomorrow  :)

Florence, lovely (shouty) Florence is also booked in to the adoption centre tomorrow having conquered her chronic mastitis, so that's the last of her colony finally going out.  ;D

Patches had his ear flaps removed and has been moved into the adoption centre for continuing rehab. Doing really well! :-)

Mark's fresh back from his hols in Vegas, me and Tad are just about dead on our feet, but fulfilled and proud of what we've achieved this month.  :shy: :shy: :shy:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #628 on: September 17, 2016, 04:13:17 AM »
Poor Patches, I hope he is recovering well
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #627 on: September 16, 2016, 12:50:47 PM »
Did I mention Patches? The black and white cat with cancerous ears? Well we raised enough money through our JustGiving appeal to bring him in and his bilateral resection has been done. Thanks to everyone who pitched in, I know a proportion of the funds came from Purrs members so Patches is a much a Purrs cat as he is a Waltham Forest Cat!

:get well:

I'll be visiting Patches tonight and hope to get some pics of his new look without his ears.  :coolpics:

If anyone is interested in adopting Patches he will be ready in a week or so. He's a big strong boy so should pick up quickly but obviously he needs to be treated with care now his ear flaps are gone.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #626 on: September 16, 2016, 12:43:00 PM »
Dear, dear Paula... Yes the money from your donation has arrived directly in our branch fund, my grateful thanks to you.  :thanks:

If anyone is thinking of donating, if you go through our page the funds will be directed to our branch. If you donate through the Cats Protection main portal just mention Waltham Forest in the message and they trawl the donations each quarter and divert those with specified branches to the correct account.

Thanks everyone.   :catluv:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #625 on: September 16, 2016, 12:23:04 PM »
Hello from a sleepy Waltham Forest where the kittens are snoozing.

Cupcake, Muffin and Gingersnap are feeling a bit snuffly so have come to Aunty Sheila for a few days to recover. Nutmeg is feeling fine but is keeping her brother warm so he gets better soon.  :Luv:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 12:28:58 PM by sheilarose »

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #624 on: September 12, 2016, 00:22:33 AM »
Bless :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Tad

• Adult Cat
    • WF4C
« Reply #623 on: September 12, 2016, 00:03:59 AM »
My LOVE Muffin is snoozing on my bed  :Luv:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #622 on: September 11, 2016, 23:24:09 PM »
Hi Sheila, googled Waltham Forest CPL, followed the links, a small donation should be winging it's way to you towards Hero's care. Hopefully you get it rather than it going into the national coffers although I know that there are lots of other people doing sterling work too. :hug: :hug: :hug:. I wish it could be more for this lovely boy. Bless you and the gang for all your hard work and effort :blow kiss:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #621 on: September 11, 2016, 22:09:30 PM »
Poor little boy, a true Hero! What a terribly sad tale, so glad that Hero does not have to suffer any longer and that he has found love and comfort with you Sheila  :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #620 on: September 11, 2016, 19:23:39 PM »
Oh my Gods, Sheila.  I confess to welling up now.  No his story cannot end like that.  He is a Hero in every sense.  He deserves so much better now.  And hoping his former owner will also get a lucky break too.  Such a sad situation.

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #619 on: September 11, 2016, 15:26:51 PM »
What a beautiful boy and so lucky to have found his way to you.  :)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #618 on: September 11, 2016, 11:18:47 AM »
... the story cannot end like this  :-:

My phone rings. It's John's daughter. I take a deep breath.

"Hello",

"He's OK!"

The suspected tumour is actually ulcerated gums from the infection. He's on pain rlelief and antibiotics for 10 days. The gums are very spongy due to the level of infection but they should start to firm up with the antibiotic. They've cleaned his canines as they are not too bad but will remove them in ten days if they are not settled. When can I come and collect?

I breathe, and a little sob escapes.

So, back with me. He's not out of the woods yet, his mouth is still very sore so he's not eating much, but he's comfortable, safe and for now, with people who will love and care for him.

WFC think he deserved a new name so we've called him Hero. Because that's what, and now who, he is.  :Luv:

« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 11:22:34 AM by sheilarose, Reason: Photo »

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #617 on: September 11, 2016, 11:04:22 AM »
Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin...

WFC run a lost and found group on Facebook called WF4C (Waltham Forest 4 Cats) - It's Tad's own group and she's been running it for years. Anyway, all our CP discoveries get posted on there, and folk in the Borough who need the service are free to join and post about their lost ir found puddies.

Last week, almost simultaneously, one of our followers (the lovely Laura - GI Joe's beloved meowmi) posted that a friend of a friend had lost his cat of 7 years and I was called to the local vets to see a cat that had been handed in.

So, off I pop to see our vet nurse - the fabulous young woman who taught me to bottle feed last summer - and took me to see the cat thta had been handed in by a worried member of the public that day. Poor boy was full of fleas, with his mouth - oh his poor mouth - dripping blood. Every tooth in his head looks diseased. He is underweight, severely dehydrated and anaemic but LO! He is microchipped! Sadly the contact details are out of date and the person who had the cat microchipped only owned him for three weeks before returning him to the "Rescue" (and I use this term advisedly)  but at least we knew his name.

It's a most unusual name so for the sake of confidentiality I shall refer to this cat as "Oliver Cromwell".

Well. Oliver Cromwell is a beautiful, sleek blue and grey cat wth Jaguar-esque good looks. He has a beauty mark on his face that is most recognisable. We treat his fleas, give him some pain relief for his poor mouth and put him to bed at the vets overnight. I set about finding the person who allowed this amazing cat to get into the sorry state.

On returning home I seek out Laura, and through a series of half conversations (it's so difficult when data protection and confidentiality are involved) we work out that the cat may indeed belong to the chap her friend knows. So without letting on the condition of the cat, I'm able to speak to this chap on the phone.

It's a sorry, sad tale. A genuine modern day tragedy. This man - I shall call him "John"  lost his job, lost his home, and then in trying to do the best he could he attempted to re-locate his cat to his son's house but only having a cardboard box the cat inevitably escaped and ran off into unfamiliar territory, he lost his cat too.
This was ten days ago and the poor guy has been couch surfing ever since, trying to hold down a temporary job on the other side of town and having no clue how to go about getting his cat back he had asked his friend for advice, and she had contacted Laura....

I ask about the animal's general health but he's unconcerned because - get this - his daughter is a vet nurse! So why would he be concerned? The cat was eating well up to going missing, like a horse, and his daughter had given him a flea treatment a few months ago because he had been bitten himself so he knew that had been done.... however his daughter hadn't actually seen the cat for a coupe of years. No vaccinations, no worming treatment... not cruelty, just ignorance.

I invite "John" over to meet the cat the next day and tell our vet nurse the tale. We agree to interview John first and note all his details, and the story, before he see the cat in case this turns into a prosecution case.

Good as his word, John arrives at the vet the next evening, and I sit with him in the sun on a bench, taking notes of his story, how he came by the cat, his daughter's details and the vet practice she works for. He's owned this cat since his daughter brought it to him from her vet, but they never got around to changing the chip details. He remembers the cat's name, though, it was "Oliver Cromwell".  :)

So, it's his cat. No question. There's no way he would have guessed that name, and if he was seeking to avoid responsibility for this cat he would not be giving me such accurate details. I relent... and he comes in to view the cat.

There's no doubt it's his cat but the poor baby has lost so much weight and is in such a state they barely recognise one another at first but he picks up the cat who immediately starts to purr and snuggles into his Dad's arms. Bliss. We think.

Sadly, there is now the issue of the cat's dreadful condition to address. John agrees that the cat needs to be treated and our nurse offers to speak to his daughter and explain that extensive dental treatment plan must be in place before we are willing to release the cat. A plan is hatched, and once again Oliver is put to bed at the vets.

The next morning a rightfully mortified vet nurse arrives to collect the cat. She takes him to her practice where he is immediately put under sedation. My phone rings...

The cat is on the operating table. His teeth are appalling. There a suspicious area at the back of his mouth that may be cancerous, and they've tested his blood. He is FIV positive. John cannot give a home to an FIV cat. Do I want to PTS?  :(

My immediate answer, without hesitation, is please, take those teeth out, lets see what the suspected mouth tumour looks like when the teeth are gone, I will find a placement for him if his mouth can be fixed. If not, then the cancer would mean letting him go....  :'(

I wait. With my heart in my boots. What am I doing? Playing God with this little life.  :'( :'( I know in my heart he's going to be OK, just know it. The story cannot end like this.....

« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 11:05:55 AM by sheilarose »

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #616 on: September 09, 2016, 23:16:32 PM »
Great news  about Mary!

Would love to hear about Hero.

*pulls up chair and puts on best 'I'm listening' face*

Same as that Sheila. An' comfy chair..........well floor in my case :rofl:

Hopefully, I am sort of doing something workable with Emo and Merlin, I feed her separately on the stairs so he doesn't see her, when she wants to go out or back in, he either gets shut in the living room, dining room area or I carry her out/in past him. He will lie on the bedroom floor while she is on our bed with the kittens and us as well, getting a bit crowded on our bed now. OH keeps talking about getting a new bed anyway, my mattress is too firm for him so I am sort of thinking a king size next time, had one before although really too big for our room, but it might, repeat MIGHT stop us being contortionists in our sleep as the kids get comfortable. ;), still both being double dosed with Zylkene and had their drops between their ears, he does seem a bit more respectful so we will see.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #615 on: September 09, 2016, 12:32:41 PM »
Great news  about Mary!

Would love to hear about Hero.

*pulls up chair and puts on best 'I'm listening' face*

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #614 on: September 09, 2016, 08:09:52 AM »
So pleased about Mary, Sheila. 

Tell us about Hero...... (am sittin comfortably)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #613 on: September 09, 2016, 01:28:43 AM »
Mary is feeling better, Thanks Sue.  ;D She started on chikkun and progressed to AGAIL so I'm happy she is on the mend.  :) Still Painfully thin but less depressed and more alert, involved, etc... She's even a bit tetchy with Aria, our other abandoned preggie girl.  :(

New boy on the block tonight. Ask me about Hero.  :Luv:

He's a real live sob story and very narrowly missed the needle today but for our input. God I hope I'm right.  :scared:

Mr Peony remains in care, his wounds all healed but we can't vaccinate and relocate until his Convenia has worn off so he's off to the palatial pen with his beloved Tad on Sunday.  :you go girl:

Have a great Friday all :grouphug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #612 on: September 07, 2016, 06:53:24 AM »
Yes, we do need your "crazy ramberling on" Tad.  Yes we do.  :agree:  It's every bit as importunt to knowing what progress is being made. 

Horrified about the news the photos have gone walkabout, and hoping you manage to round them up again.  :doh: :doh: :hug:

Also sending love to little Mary and hoping her squits clear up soon  :)

Offline Tad

• Adult Cat
    • WF4C
« Reply #611 on: September 06, 2016, 20:15:09 PM »
Evening Fur Gang  :welcome:

Sorry for lack of posting update's,  as Sheila brilliantly keep's you updated with the going on at WFC, you don't need my crazy ramberling on  :rofl:
Due to a male-function!!! the usb that holds all the photos of our "Fur Monster" ( thanks for that name Mr Bruce Wayne, what a credit you are my little "Chocolate" ) floating around the web somewhere  :sick: is all the photos of every cat we have helped, Loved, rescued, relocated and rehomed, including some amazing video footage of the lastest "Fur Monster's" sadly not to be seen ever again  :-:
I'll Love and Leave you as I'm busy hunting the web for help to relocate them - Wish me luck as going to need it  :(

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #610 on: September 05, 2016, 05:39:25 AM »
Oh Bless, I hope her squits resolve themselves soon. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #609 on: September 04, 2016, 22:37:49 PM »
Little Mary enjoying her first night of home comfort on the back of my sofa.  :Luv:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 22:42:39 PM by sheilarose »

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #608 on: September 04, 2016, 22:02:09 PM »
My most awesome adopters have agreed to foster their new kittens !  :wow: Humbly resolute to heal these little fellas the brave Corinne has taken them in and is medicating the still wheezy Anton on my behalf. This is true teamwork to get these kids back to health. Truly grateful.  :thanks: :thanks:

And so the world turns and in their vacuum we introduce Mary to home comforts.  :)

You will remember Mary as the little Grouchess who had milk? Well she is now spayed and enduring the worst case of squits I ever smelled/saw/mopped up.  :sick: Poor girl was a bit grumpy in the summerhouse so in spite of OHs protests she's now our living room, crated only at night, free to stretch those flea ravaged legs and enjoy peace, relaxation and comfort, possibly for the first time.

My heart breaks that Mary is so grateful and forgiving, this teeny matron deserves soooo much better.

Waltham Forest Cats did not expect to find this level of neglect, abuse, profiteering on our doorstep but it's here, it's happening.

WFC are here too now and we will not look away.  :make difference:

Don't cry, fight.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #607 on: September 04, 2016, 11:57:59 AM »
Enough of that Sheila :no no:, you know what showing us us kittins does to our poor hearts :naughty: :rofl:

100 :shocked:, well done to you, Tad and Mark, you are all doing such a fantastic job :best 2:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #606 on: September 04, 2016, 06:13:04 AM »
Before it all goes wrong again, quick happy update!

The little calico female has been reunited with her real owners and is the second instance of neighbours reporting cats they presume to be stray, we've had this week hen in fact they're just OAPs with a penchant for the outdoors. It also stresses the value of microchipping and keeping those chips up to date!

Here's some kittens..... Miaow.  :Luv:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #605 on: September 03, 2016, 14:34:45 PM »
Congratulations on your first 'ton'. That's 100 kitties who have vastly improved lives thanks to your intervention  ;D

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #604 on: September 03, 2016, 05:32:06 AM »
 :O: :N: :E:
 :H: :U: :N: :D: :R: :E: :D:

:yayyy: :narna dance: :yayyy: :narna dance: :yayyy:

Well done all involved in WFC!!!

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #603 on: September 02, 2016, 23:25:31 PM »
This soooo is not about statistics... but Oh...since we signed the dooted line in February

100 rescues today! WOOOHOO!  :wow:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #602 on: September 01, 2016, 17:14:41 PM »
Great update Sheila, thank you  ;D

What a shame about the calico - not because neutering was not the right thing for her but because of the added work it has caused you  :(

As for the situation with the a***hole, I'm sorry that you (and the cat slave) have been subjected to that  >:(

Lovely to hear that the babies are doing well, and that Mary is now in a much better place  ;D

Fantastic photo's of Mr B  :Luv2:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #601 on: September 01, 2016, 15:00:53 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl:  That top piccie is priceless Jen - absolutely priceless!!!  What a little sweetie  :evillaugh: :Luv:

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #600 on: September 01, 2016, 13:47:08 PM »
Warning to anyone who adopts from Waltham Forest Cats. This terrifying monster is what you could end up with!  :rofl: :Luv2:

Honestly Mr Bruce is the most delightful, happy bundle of mischief and chaos you could ever hope for and a credit to your hard work and dedication. (Although he sleeps in the weirdest positions and is too clever by half)

Poor Mary, I am glad she is in the right place. In her foot!! Blimey that migrated! Fingers and paws crossed for a swift resolution for that one...
 :hug:
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #599 on: September 01, 2016, 06:53:43 AM »
Poor Mary.  Thank heavens she's out of that situation now.  I owe a very great debt of gratitude to a small grey cat called Mary, who kept me company through a long and uncomfortable night in the Lakes, never leaving my side, and so the name seems to me a very fine name, for such a beautiful little cat, who has endured discomforts of her own.  Sheila, Mark and Tad - you rock!  :hug: :hug:

And as to the Calico's plight, you've realistically done her a favour.  Whether or not she's returned to her original owner, at least now she won't be at risk of the dangers of an unneutered female at large.

Well done to you also for standing up to major A-Hole.  ;)

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #598 on: August 31, 2016, 22:33:33 PM »
How sweet are those Brownies? :star1: :blow kiss:, and Tad is a total sweetheart, but we know that anyway :Luv2:

So lovely to know that Anton and Hans are going to a lovely furever home, but rulz iz rulz, innit :rofl:, annoying but there it is.

Merlin isn't talking to me as the calming drops arrived today, he didn't make that much fuss about the Advocate on his neck a few days ago, I had to pin him to the floor to administer. He still played hard with Pippa and Pirate with the little red dot until my arms couldn't take anymore :evillaugh:, keep everything crossed that they and double dose Zylkene do the trick. Emo is being dosed too, she is happily asleep on the bed with OH at the mo, so hopefully I will take her by surprise ;).

You, Tad and Mark are doing sterling work. :hug: :hug: :hug:, just remember to have a bit of time for yourselves. :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #597 on: August 31, 2016, 22:11:00 PM »
Busy busy busy  :bee:

Mary had her spay, she was indeed in the very early stages of pregnancy and her uterus has been well used  >:( Her FAD is looking much better already and she's now chipped. Poor thing is only 18 month old.  :( yet she's the sweetest, gentlest most affectionate baby girl. I'm just a little smitten.  :catluv:

Mimi also had her spay and has gone back to her feeder. Come Tuesday we can formally adopt her and can cement her already concrete alliance with her adoring police officer.  :Luv2:

We've also made a bit of a booboo, no fault on any part just one of those things. Responded to a call to a stray cat been fed in someone's garden for 3 months. Friendly female calico, not neutered, no-one locally seems to know her and she's being attacked by local toms.... usual story.  :(
Get there, scan the cat but no chip found. Feeder signs her over as a stray and she's booked into the vet for spay and microchip, worming, deflea and vaccinations.

Except there is a chip present. A weird number we can't trace but its too late - she's already neutered. The chip has dropped so far down her body it's actually lodged in her foot. We missed it. Our vet missed it pre-op. but a different staff member rechecked before implanting our chip. If anyone has read the plight of Booba you'll understand that this is a big deal for rescues at the moment.  :doh:

So she's now in our care and we can't put her up for rehoming until we've jumped through a million hoops to locate her owner. Who could, literally, be anywhere in the world.  :shy:

On the positive side, we had another bumper day, two more stray girls trapped (from the same site as above) but these are unapproachable ferals so no issues with spays as TNR. :phew:

Crackle, Peter and Jimmy have all gone to their amazing foster home. Nice work Tad ;D

Little guys Anton and Hans were allowed to go meet their new mum and dad today and see their new home. They were deliriously happy as were the new slaves and it was such a pity to tear them apart but we can't rehome cats that are still on medication (rules innit) so they're back with me and hubby until they've completed their ABs on Monday. 

We also welcomed our new fosterer, Ruth who will be taking Baby and her brood of 6 kittens on Sunday. She's a lovely lady with buubly character and love to burn. We're very fortunate to have her.   ;D

One a+hole decided to try and spoil the day by reporting her neighbour's cat as a stray, when I knocked on his house to check if she had actually done so (rh catwas sitting on his bin by his own front door for Gods sake) he stated no-one had asked him abut the cat, who it turns out is an elderly gentleman of 14 years and beautifuly turned out, just a bit whiffy in the breath department so we advised a dental check up with PDSA and left him our card and some Cat Guardian leaflets if he needed help or advice in future as he and his wife are on DLA.
Well the A+hole didn't like this, disagreed with my statement that I was happy the cat's care was acceptable and that my only minor concern was being addressed. So rude, the call ended with me telling her if she had evidence of neglect to contact RSPCA and report them - she won't she;s just a nasty racist with an axe to grind. So down went the phone without so much as a thank you or acknowledgement that i responded in less than one hour. Down here you can't even get an ambulance that fast! Anyway, one of the minority I'm pleased to say but not someone I'll ever help or take referrals from again.   :na na na:

There was one thing that made me cry today, a few tears of happiness and pride  :) the 9th Chingford Brownies want to help our little rescue, and gain their animal friends badges to boot, so they're doing a cat food collection for us. How sweet is that? Tad's chuffed to bits so is putting some little goody bags together for them, with some gonks, toys and junior cat care leaflets.  :birth:

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #596 on: August 30, 2016, 20:32:12 PM »
Thank goodness you got Mary back with you Sheila.  :hug: :hug:

How do people do that?  >:( >:( >:(
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Link to CatChat