Author Topic: Waltham Forest Cats (London UK)  (Read 168001 times)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Re: Waltham Forest Cats (London UK)
« Reply #355 on: June 04, 2016, 20:05:46 PM »
Oh Tad, I am so sorry that you have lost your lovely Ginger Puss  :hug:

I am also very fond of jinjas, my beloved Chivvy  has left such a big hole in my heart that it still hurts more than 5 years later  :(

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #354 on: June 04, 2016, 19:13:06 PM »
Oh Tad, I'm so sorry you lost your own beloved friend.   :hug: :hug:  I love ginger cats.  So beautiful.   :hug:

Paula, I think Merlin's a lovely name.  Fresian did seem a bit "heavy" so glad he liked the sound of Merlin.  :) :)

Offline Tad

• Adult Cat
    • WF4C
  • Slave to: Missy Onyx / Panther Pooh Pooh / Miss JT / Tallulah / Hallie
« Reply #353 on: June 04, 2016, 19:10:10 PM »
Judecat

You're very lucky that the bag has arrived!!! as everyone that knows me knows that letters tend to sit in my car for weeks :innocent: :shify: :-:
LOL
I made a specail effort to make sure I sent you the bag the next day  :) other wise I'd forget and would be in the dog house :evillaugh: instead of the cat house with Sheila  ;)

Thank you for your kind word over the passing of my Ginger Puss,  :thanks: It was a very hard week for me and my family to lose him so quickly and so unexpectedly  :(

I've included a photo of Ginger Puss that is on my FB profile, doing what he loved best sleeping next to me and enjoying life  :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #352 on: June 04, 2016, 15:51:09 PM »
Thanks for the update Paula, I am really enjoying hearing how well your lad is doing  ;D

I spoke to hubby about the possibility of fostering today. It is not going to happen  :(

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #351 on: June 04, 2016, 11:38:34 AM »
Merlin ;) is coming downstairs today, he is getting very lonely in the box room and if I get up in the night or go upstairs he hears my footsteps and calls for me, I do go in and fuss him, but I think he is ready to be more in the way of things even though he hasn't been here for a week yet. He will be back in his crate for a while until he gets used to everyone, but if he carry's on the way he has started it won't be for long and once he is moving around in an unlimited space it will be easier to assess that foot and if, :crossed:, he can keep it.

He is putting on weight and his coat is looking a lot better, I am using a soft brush on him for about half an hour a day and so much is coming out, probably because the house is so warm. He has stopped eating the way he did and is eating more slowly and leaving some to come back to later, it is gone by the time I go back in, but he isn't filling his mouth and gulping. He is learning that the food is his and isn't going to be taken away. Hard to believe that this is only the fifth day.

Thank you Tad, my shopping bag arrived today ;D
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #350 on: June 02, 2016, 22:34:58 PM »
Bless him, it sounds as if he is doing so well  ;D

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #349 on: June 02, 2016, 21:16:18 PM »
That's really great news Paula  :) :)
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #348 on: June 02, 2016, 19:49:45 PM »
Bob flew in the spare room last night as I tried getting in, I shooed her out, but Fresian just looked at her, no hisses or anything. Bob did look a little startled, his head is about three times bigger than hers :evillaugh:, I am hoping that he and Bob will get pally, Emo more or less does her own thing and Pip and Pirate are pretty inseparable, which I think put Bob's nose out of joint a bit cos Pip was 'her' friend before Pirate came on the scene. They do all have their moments when we have a four way mad 5 minutes though, it sounds like a herd of elephants charging up and down the stairs and through the bedroom :rofl:

Cannot believe how quickly this boy is coming around, not even a hiss today, as soon as I come in the room he is up on the bed for fusses, even when I have come in not bearing food or treats, although I suppose you could argue that an empty carrier bag to clean the litter tray might be a treat of sorts. He has started talking to me as well, he isn't a chatterbox like Emo, but give him time  ;) ;D

Fresian :Luv:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #347 on: June 01, 2016, 19:32:33 PM »
You know me far too well Sue :naughty:

Offline Tad

• Adult Cat
    • WF4C
« Reply #346 on: June 01, 2016, 19:04:02 PM »
I'm Liking your Style Judecat  :hug:

" I think we can safely say that this cat is going no-where "  8)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #345 on: June 01, 2016, 18:47:09 PM »
     I think we can safely say that this cat is going no-where.           

None of us expected anything otherwise.   :hug: :evillaugh:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #344 on: June 01, 2016, 18:06:56 PM »
All I can say is Rebekah did a good job of taming Fresian down. :wow:, when I go into the room, he does a hiss (just for forms sake you understand  ;)), then gets on with the Dreamies, purrs like mad and loves being brushed, just as well because he is moulting so much. He has used his tray again, and we have had a marathon grooming session this afternoon while OH had a lengthy nap with the kitten cats. Bob was snuggled right into his legs whilst Pippa and Pirate opted for the bottom of the bed :evillaugh:;pl;l. (and a brief message from Bob if you can decode it :rofl:), Fresian doesn't even mind his tummy being done, he switches his tail a fair bit but keeps on purring. He even used his poorly paw to hook my hand down to him for more fusses. :Luv2:

I think we can safely say that this cat is going no-where.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #343 on: June 01, 2016, 16:15:19 PM »
Sounds like a great day all round  ;D

What a lovely lad Fresian sounds, it seems that he has his paws under the table already!

Sheila, you have a pm . . .

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #342 on: June 01, 2016, 11:50:42 AM »
Fresian is having two pouches every meal to try and get his weight up, he is a bit on the skinny side. I have honestly never seen a cat eat like him, 2 pouches lasts less than two minutes, obviously complete dry food down all the time as well. He used the litter tray properly and had put himself back in the crate overnight :evillaugh:, lots of snuffing under the door going on, on both sides, but all curiosity and no animosity so far. ;D. Lots more snuggles this morning as well, such an affectionate boy. He loves his face being rubbed  both sides at 5r4e4 (thanks Pirate ;))the same time and that huge head gets heavier and heavier as he relaxes into your hands  :Luv:.

I am glad you had a lovely productive day yesterday, Sheila, Mark and Tad, weather notwithstanding. :hug: :hug: :hug:. Sheila, I am holding you to a visit that doesn't involve you bring down another cat :evillaugh::rofl:

I hope that your Pets At Home Weekend goes with a bang. With your, Mark and Tads drive and enthusiasm I can't see it being anything other than a success. :donate2: :donate2:

Faster is GOOD! :evillaugh:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #341 on: June 01, 2016, 09:09:23 AM »
We wanna go FASTER!!  :evillaugh: :hug: :hug: :hug:  Big hugs to all of you wonderful peeps for being so caring and thoughtful and GREAT!!  :Luv:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #340 on: June 01, 2016, 09:03:34 AM »
Good Morning all!  :good morning 2:

Firstly, thank you to everyone who is donating to our little venture, I'm humbled and grateful to each and everyone of you for the support whether it be financial, moral, emotional or physical. Every bit is hugely appreciated. :thanks:

Secondly, to my most successful fosterer EVER! Judecat you deserve a medal and honours for your dedicated service. I'm truly in your debt. Thank you so much :cuddle:

Thirdly, and by no means least, a shout out to the people who make all this happen in the real world. Tad and Mark, you're both amazing, wonderful people I'm proud and happy to have the privilege of working with you both.  :grouphug:

Our day out started well, Friesian hoped into the carrier having done a timely poo beforehand. He snuggled up on the beautiful blue towel we received from a local benefactor just the day before and looked expectantly at me as if to say, "come on then, lets get this over with".

Apart from the torrential rain, me getting lost both on the way to collect Mark  :doh: and the motorway  :car: we finally arrived at Paula's without a single toilet issue (from any of us!  :rofl: ) and were treated to hospitality a la Paula and OH. It was so good to see you both looking so well and happy with your fab suntans and big newlywed smiles.  :congrats:

Friesian has every reason to be a cuddlebum, and he really did settle immediately. So good to see.  :wow:

Leaving Paula's we head off, the wind blowing the cloud and our car about as we circumnavigate to the Chelwood Gate Cats Protection centre where we find a warm welcome from the amazing rehoming centre staff, and a helping hand from Katy on the admin side who is trying her best to get some last minute presentational material for us... more later.
The shop, as Tad has already mentioned, has the most attractive set up and I would challenge any one of you not to race around it at least twice picking up everything in turn with shiny eyes and kid-like enthusiasm. Then we were given a guided tour by the most helpful and informative Karen, we saw the cats ready for rehoming, the cats in preparation for rehoming and the facilities for getting them there. Thankfully we'd already filled our shopping bags so there was no room for stealing a couple of furry stowaways but the temptation was overwhelming. :ahh: :ahh:
Worth a mention: if you do ever go, don't be phased by the number of cars in the car park!  :-: Its the head office for the national cat centre so all their paid staff work in the offices behind and it's their cars you can see, not (sadly) crowds of adopters wanting to rehome the cats.  :innocent:

As time marched on we reluctantly dragged ourselves away, only to get stuck in more traffic trying to get back home. It was late but we arrived happy and fulfilled in the knowledge of a job well done. 

Our Pets at Home weekend is almost upon us, the presentational material we need is pin boards, table cloths, bunting, etc. Oh and if anyone has a cat costume they're not using?   :rofl: Wish us luck, we're winging this one!  :luck:

Back to work today though, so I must shove off now.   :shucks:

It's a helluva ride this one. Do ya wanna go FASTER???  :dance narna: :dance narna: :dance narna:
 :garf:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #339 on: June 01, 2016, 08:16:55 AM »
CP HQ is fab isn't it and a lovely setting as well

Offline Tad

• Adult Cat
    • WF4C
« Reply #338 on: May 31, 2016, 23:50:28 PM »
What a lovely day today  :wow:
1st the WF crew had  tea and cake with the lovely JudeCat  :thanks: and the lovely Fresian was super good on the long journey,
worth it in the end as I know he is going to fit in really well with the other GORGEOUS Fur Balls  :hug:
I'll let Sheila tell you all about our day at Cats Protection Head Office, lets just say I can home with Gift's from the gift shop  :evillaugh: more cat mugs and key rings   :naughty:
A really amazing place and a must visit if your in the area or even a day out  ;)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #337 on: May 31, 2016, 20:41:59 PM »
So glad that your guest is settling in well. Although, he's not going to be a 'guest' is he?  :shify:

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #336 on: May 31, 2016, 20:04:05 PM »
Sounds like Fresian is settling in well  :Luv: :Luv:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #335 on: May 31, 2016, 17:44:47 PM »
So glad he's settling in so well Paula.   ;D

Sheila, when I get paid at the end of the month I'll see if I can add a bit to the coffers too.   :hug:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #334 on: May 31, 2016, 16:32:24 PM »
Sorry Sheila, Fresian is a purry cuddle monster and I didn't have the heart to put him back in his crate after a fantastic cuddle session, and he was so happy on the bed. :Luv:. He has inhaled 2 pouches of AGAIL, I've never seen a cat eat so fast! I have reinstated small rugs in front of the crate as the only thing that has given him any pause (paws? :evillaugh:) was the surface of the table, there wasn't any purchase for his 'wrist' and he was clearly uncomfortable on it. Quite happy on it now he has the rugs though. He doesn't seem at all fazed after the upheaval of leaving for another cat slave or the journey down. What a lovely animal he is. :Luv: :Luv2:, he is huge after the girls and Pirate though.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #333 on: May 31, 2016, 15:56:19 PM »
There is a small donation winging its way to you for the benefit of Fresian - or whomever needs it  ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #332 on: May 31, 2016, 07:04:39 AM »
This is fantastic progress Sheila, Tad and all the crew.  Well done!!   :wow: :wow: :grouphug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #331 on: May 30, 2016, 23:11:16 PM »
Fantastic Sheila, well done!!   ;D

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #330 on: May 30, 2016, 22:06:40 PM »
:congrats: :ahh: :dance: :dance: :dance: :Applause: :Applause: :congrats:

A lot of hard work, well deserved.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #329 on: May 30, 2016, 21:49:46 PM »
Ooh Ooh Ooh

its not finished yet but LOOK WHAT LAUNCHED TODAY!

http://www.walthamforest.cats.org.uk/

Wooohooo -  we exist!

:Flowers:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #328 on: May 30, 2016, 19:53:25 PM »
Hopefully, Pirate.

Nope, tiny pic didn't work, if at first you don't succeed and all that :shify:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #327 on: May 30, 2016, 18:53:14 PM »
Aye am a'bracin' :rofl:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #326 on: May 30, 2016, 11:26:01 AM »
Introducing Friesian, our latest project.

Friesian, named for his cow like patches, has some severe injuries to one of his front paws. Our amazing vet has X rayed the injuries, all the bones are present but the pads are missing, he may have lost them escaping from the snare, trap or similar device our vet suspects caused the injury. Sadly it's an old wound that went without treatment so the scar tissue has grown over and served to deform the foot.
As he has no pads there's no point in rebuilding the skin (months if painful skin grafts and still not being able to actually walk on it) but Friesian does have muscle tone in that leg so it's likely he uses the club foot as a hook for climbing and balance.

He's going to our Paula, but if he does need the amputation we will need to raise funds for him. If anyone can spare a few quid towards the fund it would be great to know this lad could have his treatment. If the kegs can stay on, we promise to divert any donations to the next worthy cause.

My heartfelt thanks....

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #325 on: May 30, 2016, 11:02:11 AM »
Road trip tomorrow! The core gang getting together for the first time. Brace yourself Paula!  :car: :car: :car:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #324 on: May 29, 2016, 23:35:06 PM »
I refuse to look otherwise I will be satellite Walthamstow Forest Cats Home :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #323 on: May 29, 2016, 21:30:30 PM »
What a lovely lad! He really does love his bed, doesn't he?!  :Luv2:

Offline Tad

• Adult Cat
    • WF4C
« Reply #322 on: May 29, 2016, 16:47:49 PM »
MINNIE  :Luv: Sweet little lady that just wants to sit next to you and relax  :)

Video 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gk3-ujUTqo&feature=youtu.be

Offline Tad

• Adult Cat
    • WF4C
« Reply #321 on: May 29, 2016, 16:43:26 PM »
LOUIE LOUIE   :Crazy: What a Character   :rofl: You are going to LOVE his video's
ENJOY   :wow:

Video 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-gl-3gsAqw&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 16:43:59 PM by Tad »

Offline Tad

• Adult Cat
    • WF4C
« Reply #320 on: May 29, 2016, 16:30:58 PM »
LOUIE LOUIE  :P What a Character  :Luv: You are going to LOVE his video's
ENJOY  :rofl:

Video 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y8BGy2_IxQ&feature=youtu.be

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #319 on: May 29, 2016, 16:19:57 PM »
Pirate has landed right on his paws, hasn't he? It's great to hear how well he is doing  ;D

I'm glad to hear that a lovely fosterhome has been found for Fresian. I had started working on hubby, but it was never going to be easy!  :'(

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #318 on: May 28, 2016, 21:30:23 PM »
Pirate is turning into a cuddle monster, I pick him up so his head and fore paws are on my shoulder, rub his ear and he just goes boneless, dead weight, until I can't hold him anymore, amazing how heavy 3 kilos of dead weight is after 15 minutes :evillaugh: ;), absolutely lovely.

Pip is a delight as always, she is usually on the bed when it is occupied as is Bob. I got complaints when OH came down from an afternoon nap today as every time he moved he had two gurl kitten cats playing toe mousie with his feet :naughty: :rofl:

All four played at being garden forecats today :evillaugh:, I thought when I was clearing the forget me nots that I had snagged a rose clipping that I had missed and then realised that Pirate had his claws in me :shify:, in fairness, it was heavy vegetation, he probably thought I was a slow worm :rofl:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #317 on: May 28, 2016, 00:18:42 AM »
In negotiations to foster Friesian to one if our own. Bet you can't guess who stepped up?   :innocent:

Stella was very vocal when I arrived home from working Liverpool tonight, and sneaked onto my knee when I wasn't looking. She's a proper lap cat, don't think I've ever really known one before.  ;D

She followed this up by launching at Polly, Fuzz and a Sly as each in turn tried to get a look in, apparently she's taken a huge dislike to George and chased him up the stairs yesterday, so she us a proper little madam!   :naughty:

Two whole days off! Woohoo  :you go girl:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #316 on: May 26, 2016, 17:51:49 PM »
Yes, how is Fresian, Sheila?   And Stella too?

Link to CatChat