Author Topic: Waltham Forest Cats (London UK)  (Read 167801 times)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Re: Waltham Forest Cats (London UK)
« Reply #315 on: May 26, 2016, 17:28:12 PM »
Awww, Pirate is doing so well Paula. He is clearly responding to your loving care.

Sheila, have you found a foster home for Fresian yet?

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #314 on: May 25, 2016, 16:50:03 PM »
Little Pirate update, just because I am so excited about the real breakthrough, he was in the igloo when I went upstairs to the loo, he rolled out of the igloo and was stretched out on the carpet, I fussed his head, moved on to his belly, which before we went away would have resulted in hard biting and disemboweling, he just curled his front paws around my hand and moved them to his head, he let me play with his paws as well. ;D

Sheila, The Walthamstow Forest cats may keep you on your toes, but they are so worth it and rewarding, loving little creatures, I wouldn't be without them for anything. :Luv2: :Luv:, Thank you.

Even more update, Pi is sitting next to me, Pip behind me on the sofa, he has suddenly come around, I do like my cats to be able to be handled all over so I try to do it so it isn't an intrusion if the vet has to, so tickling his tummy and his feet again is lovely.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 17:29:29 PM by Judecat, Reason: Pirate let me do it again and is taking Pippa\'s place beside me. »
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #313 on: May 22, 2016, 10:26:10 AM »
The poorly foot cat is called Fresian, his injuries consistent with a snare or such, the flesh is destroyed as are the pads on that foot, and the foot is now so deformed with scar tissue to render it useless (although the bones are intact)  :( however this stoic little character has good muscle tone in that leg so he's using it for something! It's his front leg so he can use it to climb and balance, so it's not completely life changing for him.

The vet wants him to go into foster for a while to assess the use he's getting from the leg before any decision is made to amputate or not. Clearly he can't go back outside yet so the hunt is on for a temporary placement for 6-8 weeks whilst his wounds heal, his hormones settle and the usage of his leg can be established. :care:

If anyone on here can point me in the direction of a suitable temporary placement I'd be most grateful, obviously all expenses would be covered whilst he's under Our care. He's being chipped and vaccinated today and coming back to me. :Luv:

This lovely girl in the photo below is now up for rehoming. Stella is a pure white cuddlebum who will happily chase George off if he gets too close (Geirge being 7 kg) so she's got balls of steel. Very sweet lap cat around 5 years old. Being chipped and vaccinated today. Needs regular grooming and grain free food please. Room for one more?

Meanwhile we have all been on our computer database training at the Mitcham rehoming centre  :pcprob: and had a sqeeweewee at the cats and kittens there.  :Luv: :Luv:

Lovely people in there, so dedicated, but their rehoming rate has dropped off sharply of late, I can't help thinking it's got something to do with the Croydon cat killer.  >:(

We have some potential recruits too! Jennie is joining us as our web page manager, she will be putting our online presence in the faces of anyone who seeks help with their cats in the East London area, and a lovely lady from the council has offered us some hours helping out with the admin. Our old friend Emma who brought up Whiskey the post office cat's huge litter has once again stepped up as our first fosterer and will hopefully be joining our happy band. Also I was paying for some fablon (remember that?) in Homebase and the customer service manager commented on the CP sticker on my purse, turns out she used to volunteer for the charity but didn't think there was a presence here! I've given her my email address and hope she gets in touch. It's coming together!  :wow:  :make difference:

Next week we are on the hunt for Fat Frank once again! He's showed up at Marion's so she's feeding him for us. This time, Frankie boy.... This time....  :evillaugh:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #312 on: May 21, 2016, 06:54:45 AM »
Tony Tiger sounds, erm "interesting!"  :shify:

Poor Pippa!  :-:

Sheila, how's the boy with the poorly foot?

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #311 on: May 20, 2016, 19:57:09 PM »
These Waltham Forest Cats can always be relied upon to keep you on your toes, Paula. Thanks for the lovely update, I'm so happy we and these cats found you. Xx

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #310 on: May 20, 2016, 11:00:16 AM »
Another update:

Pip has got huge since I have been away, but Pirate hasn't grown at all :(, despite eating everything in sight. (Bob has grown as well), all the cats were very pleased to see me, but Pip Pip won't leave me alone. She managed to hide in our bedroom which I had locked, my000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000uhyyyy9i0+999999999699999999999999999999999999999999996 (thanks Bob :evillaugh:), luckily I left in such a rush I left my keys in the front door and Heidi found them, she went to the loo on the Tuesday morning, heard meowing and let Pip out. She had been locked in for three days, she did have water cos I had left my glass beside the bed, but she was starving :'(, and she had only done one poo which I was impressed by. Heidi hadn't realised she was a cat down as as soon as she came in the cats exited through the cat flap except Emo. Poor Pippa!

I am having to put sun cream on Pirates stumpy ear as whilst we were away it has tanned! :shocked: I don't want him getting skin cancer, I used to have to do it to Hey Jude as her ears and nose were white and also to my English Bull Terrier. I never thought about it on a tabby though. Live and learn.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #309 on: May 19, 2016, 23:34:40 PM »
Thanks Lyn, I must get round to sorting one out.  :cuddle:

Update we've taken in an injured boy tonight, lovely big fella we've been trying to trap for a month with what appears to be a broken foot. He's in my crate tonight with pain relief but will see our vet first thing. If he's owned locally his is a serious neglect case.  >:( >:(

The two starved friendlies may not be coming here now, another rescue closer to them has stepped up with a foster placement, better than we could offer here so hopefully these little ones will be safe forever.  ;D

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #308 on: May 19, 2016, 21:36:05 PM »
Oh Sheila, how terribly sad about the friendlies who didn't make it! I don't even want to imagine what they suffered  :'( Thank goodness for Waltham Forest Cats!

I know I keep asking about an Amazon wish list, I would like to be able to help in some way.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #307 on: May 18, 2016, 22:55:22 PM »
Snowy is lovely. I've got some of the big matts off her and she's much more comfortable. Why no-one has come forward for this cuddly on-my-knee more-teddy-bear-than-cat? I'm astonished.  :-:

Today we have another feral tomcat in for TNR, affectionately known as "Cornflake" Tony the Tiger is probably the most unpredictable and violent cat we've had in so far, so it's a benefit to society to say goodbye to this particular set of nuts.  :innocent:
He's a stinker with a pretty face. Well done Mark Spiderman for getting him in the trap at considerable personal cost! :shify:

We've also been to the local council for a meeting with their tenancy officers who sometimes find abandoned cats and dogs in the recently vacated homes. They care very deeply about their residents and what happens to these animals and they try to help when relocation becomes inevitable but some folks just walk away leaving their pets behind, knowing that the council have a duty to deal with it!  >:( Needless to say we will do what we can to make this situation better for everyone.  ;)

At the weekend we have two friendlies coming in who seem to have been through true trauma. Their slave died three weeks ago and the cats were not fed for three weeks. Some of their furry pals didn't make it  :( so these two are coming on Friday for some TLC, good food, rest and all the home comforts the Tuftyclub can offer, courtesy of Waltham Forest Cats Protection.  ;D

OK bedtime, this is rewarding work but exhausting. However I sleep the sleep of the generally satisfied.  ;)

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #306 on: May 17, 2016, 19:12:56 PM »
Aww, Snowy is gorgeous  :Luv2:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #305 on: May 15, 2016, 22:46:03 PM »
Poor baby! She looks a bit grumpy - and who can blame her considering how much pain she must be in  :(

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #304 on: May 15, 2016, 19:03:29 PM »
I had a little cuddle with Minnie at the vets this morning, she's a lovely little lady who just needs a new home with a forever friend.

I was there with this little lady, a stray that pitched up yesterday crying on a street corner with an abscess on her poor neck and some of the worst matting I've seen for some time. Not for rehoming until we've established no owner coming forward but i suspect she won't be claimed due to the state of her. Meet Snowy.

Offline Tad

• Adult Cat
    • WF4C
  • Slave to: Missy Onyx / Panther Pooh Pooh / Miss JT / Tallulah / Hallie
« Reply #303 on: May 15, 2016, 17:52:14 PM »
MINNIE

Minnie is about 9 years old and was found in South London as a stray, she is probably a Calici carrier and doesn't have many teeth left
She has taken a liking to my son and likes to follow him around and sit close to him, she has a quiet little meow for when she wants attention, rub's against everything in her sight on her route around the bedroom and has a kinky shake to her tail
Minnie is just over the 3 kgs so she isn't a large cat, she has a large scratching bed with a blanket under the bed, but she also like to relax on the bed and stretch out  :)

At the moment she is stressed and has been over grooming, but I’m sure once she is settled in a new home this will stop

Minnie is desperate to be Loved and would suit a family house hold that isn’t too noisy, so older children would be best, She is very shy around other cats and tends to run away from them

Do You Have Room For One More???  :naughty:

Adopt Don't Shop  :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #302 on: May 15, 2016, 12:52:35 PM »
Little Minnie would be a fab choice for Mary, but I don't want to push these cats on anyone as we all have our own choices to make.  :thanks:

Tad, do we have an update on Minnie please sweetheart?

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #301 on: May 15, 2016, 10:35:47 AM »
 :evillaugh:

Jen, that mightn't be a bad idea.  I wonder if Mary sees this?

Offline Tad

• Adult Cat
    • WF4C
« Reply #300 on: May 15, 2016, 10:25:45 AM »
Louie Walsh making himself at home  :evillaugh:

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #299 on: May 15, 2016, 09:37:35 AM »
Would it be a bit pushy to suggest Mary?  :shy:
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #298 on: May 14, 2016, 22:54:11 PM »
Back from hols and no letting up

Louie was lost for 6 years! his microchip finally scanned by Waltham Forest Cats Protection located his owner but sadly they didn-t want Louie back as they now have dogs  :(

Anyone looking for a total cuddlebum 9 year old boy? Louie is your man !  :Luv:

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #297 on: May 12, 2016, 20:44:05 PM »
 :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #296 on: May 12, 2016, 16:47:46 PM »
Awww, bless her!  :Luv2:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #295 on: May 12, 2016, 06:59:55 AM »
Aw Tad - both lovely contributions.  Especially the top one "counting sheep"  :Luv2:

Offline Tad

• Adult Cat
    • WF4C
« Reply #294 on: May 12, 2016, 00:57:18 AM »
Minnie counting sheep  ;)

Offline Tad

• Adult Cat
    • WF4C
« Reply #293 on: May 12, 2016, 00:55:18 AM »
sorry this has taken so much time but at long last we have some video footage of Minnie who is feeling so much better since her vet visit on sunday, here we go short and sweet and I'm still in need of camera / video lessons  :Crazy:

https://www.facebook.com/tad.davis.336/videos/569884613173910/?ref=notif&notif_t=video_processed&notif_id=1463001127077402

:thanks:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #292 on: May 08, 2016, 23:39:57 PM »
Gosh, what a lot of black panthers we have to rehome at the moment - or is that the normal state of affairs? I have heard that they can be difficult to place - silly people!

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #291 on: May 08, 2016, 16:01:15 PM »
Little black female cat "Minnie" just in,  approx 9 years old probably a Calici carrier and needs some remedial dental work before she's ready to go, but otherwise she is happy and loving.
 :catluv:
Tad will post pics but I will message Mad Lilli as I'm sure she was looking for an all black mini panther.....

Photos please Tad Meister?  :pic:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #290 on: May 03, 2016, 10:12:58 AM »
I just love hearing about cats finding their way home  :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #289 on: May 02, 2016, 22:34:59 PM »
So lovely to know that Jingles has been reunited with his meowmy!  ;D

:crossed: for Lucy Lu.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #288 on: May 01, 2016, 07:31:53 AM »
You've reunited a much loved Jingles with his slave Tad! After 5 months!!! How fabulous is that  :wow: :wow: :wow:

You have made an enormous positive difference to at least two lives  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lucy is very beautiful. Like you I doubt it will be long before she finds her forever home  :Luv2:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #287 on: May 01, 2016, 06:19:28 AM »
Well done Tad.  Jingles owner will be over the moon.   :wow:

And I'm sure Lucy My will get her forever home soon, as she's beautiful.   :Luv2:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #286 on: May 01, 2016, 03:36:47 AM »
Just adore Lucy Lu  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Tad

• Adult Cat
    • WF4C
« Reply #285 on: May 01, 2016, 01:16:05 AM »
LUCY LU

The Lovely Lucy Lu is now with North London Adoption Centre at Archway, I going to miss her so much  :Luv2: she was a real pleasure to foster for a few days and left a big impression on my heart  :Luv:
Lucy Lu is a loving, purry little lady with such an affectionate nature she doesn't want anything but a human of her very own, and her dream will come true very soon I'm sure
 :Luv:

Offline Tad

• Adult Cat
    • WF4C
« Reply #284 on: May 01, 2016, 01:06:18 AM »
Having some R&R with my own Fur Balls  :Luv: I get a message from a friend about a stray in need of scanning
So Off in the Cat Car  :Crazy: 10 minutes up the road to meet a lovely friendly Ginger male
YEAH YEAH Micro chipped and reported missing, within a few mintues of my call to Petlog the owner was on the mobile calling me straight away
Jingles was staying with a friend while his owner was having a holiday, but sadly escaped and for the last 5 months has been hanging out and have some fun of his own ( not that kind of fun  ;) as neutered, well done to the owner  :)
So tomorrow Jingle will be reunited with his Fur Mummy and a happy ending all round for the finder and owner  :hug:
This cat wasn't a local cat :doh: but WFC are happy to help even outside our location and on a weekend just as I was about to sip my glass of wine  ;D
I love my life :O)x

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #283 on: April 30, 2016, 22:30:33 PM »
Sorry Ladies will change the settings for you all the see Lucy Lu video  :Crazy:

She is a beauty!  :Luv2:

Offline Tad

• Adult Cat
    • WF4C
« Reply #282 on: April 29, 2016, 09:27:41 AM »
Sorry Ladies will change the settings for you all the see Lucy Lu video  :Crazy:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #281 on: April 29, 2016, 05:44:08 AM »
Aw, the link's broken Sheila.  Just as well, if you're Paula.  :evillaugh:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #280 on: April 29, 2016, 01:59:45 AM »
Can't see it, probably just as well, can't afford any more. :'(, the four I have are purrrfect :Luv2:

When I win the lottery.........................................

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #279 on: April 28, 2016, 18:30:50 PM »
Awww Pirate!  :Luv:

Basil is reserved!

New girl Lucy arrived this week, abandoned poor love. Check out her moves!

https://www.facebook.com/tad.davis.336/videos/564660527029652/

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #278 on: April 26, 2016, 23:08:57 PM »
Another Pye/Pirate update, I caught him sleeping on the bed a few weeks ago, he slunk off very quickly at a great rate of knots, although all the girl cats sleep on the bed he has been very hesitant. Even up until a few days ago and talking to him he has been very nervy about being upstairs. Today he was asleep on the bed with Pippa and Emo and as I had a bath and was upstairs already he didn't hear me coming in and jumped, so I fussed his ear and reassured him he was a special baby boy and he settled back down on he duvet. The last few days he has even let me walk past him to go to the loo. I cannot believe how quickly he insinuating himself into our hearts, or, how quickly he is learning he has no limitations, apart from not shredding the carpet on the bottom stair :rofl:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #277 on: April 26, 2016, 10:11:02 AM »
I hope calici doesn't put people off, when I asked our vet before we got tilly and had our two calici boys at home he said how do you know she hasn't got it anyway 60% of cats do

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #276 on: April 25, 2016, 19:06:26 PM »
So pleased Lily has got a home and hope that Basil remains safe and sound  ;D ;D

Link to CatChat