Author Topic: Ice cream has many uses  (Read 2092 times)

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Frodo Hebe Luka Thierry Grace Solly.
Re: Ice cream has many uses
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2015, 15:34:40 PM »
Mary I don't know how I could have thought of giving it away in the first pace. Can you believe I didn't like it. Then when I washed it I saw it in a different light and decided it could stay.

Susanne thank you for that useful information. I would prefer an ordinary pot as I wouldn't have the trouble of trying to make holes in ones made from recycled lemonade bottles.
Julie.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2015, 14:59:50 PM »
Julie I can see why you didn't give the pot away, it's really unusual and so lovely.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2015, 07:37:18 AM »
I always thought the reason for the clear pot was that orchid roots need light but I went to a talk about orchids a couple of years ago (forget who gave it but he was obviously extremely knowledgeable about orchids) and he said that was a myth and they only come in transparent pots for commercial reasons - I forget exactly why but I think it was something to do with them being grown in large numbers close together and so that growers could check roots weren't growing into a neighbouring pot or something along those lines!  It does make it easier to see whether they need watering though as you can see whether the compost has dried out.

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2015, 00:06:07 AM »
Mary the orchid roots need light. Hence my search for a clear pot rather than a coloured pot. So I'll re pot it into the clear plastic bottle pot, then put it into a larger attractive ceramic pot. I shall now make the effort to photograph pot I shall put the finished re potted plant in. I had got it out to put it in with stuff I was sending off to the village jumble sale. But after I had washed the dirt off it I decided I couldn't part with it. Glad I didn't now. All I have to do now is wait for Asda delivery tomorrow to bring lemonade bottle.
Julie.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2015, 23:02:03 PM »
 :rofl: you can't know everything  :hug:

You can paint it or put stickers on it too ;)

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2015, 15:05:58 PM »
Mary, now why didn't I think of that. A lemonade bottle has more uses than one. Thank you.
Julie.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 02:05:35 AM »
PMSL :Luv2: :hug:  Defo a norty club member ;)

Julie you could cut the bottom off a 2 litre pop/water bottle.

Mary

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 17:38:30 PM »

Aw, Kito.   :shify: :evillaugh:  :hug: :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 16:06:11 PM »
Mine have never been given the chance to like, or not like, ice-cream!

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 10:38:37 AM »
 :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: love it!
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 00:36:50 AM »
Wonderful picture Susanne  ;D ;D

I love Kito.

Mine dont like icecream!

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 23:48:34 PM »
Thank you, thank you, and thank you Susanne. Not for the pictures. Though they were great. But for giving me an idea of how to solve a problem. I need a new bigger pot to re pot my moth orchid. I didn't realise they have to be in a clear pot as the roots need light. I looked on ebay and they are quite expensive. Been looking around for something and ended up thinking I'm going to have to buy one online. Saw your photos of the ice cream pot and it suddenly triggered an idea. If Asda have clear plastic pots with say soup in, I could order one of those with my next delivery. It's over a mile to catch the nearest bus to any shops, then a three hour wait to get one back. So it would be a real pain going to town just for a pot for the orchid. Hopefully Asda can now solve my problem.
Julie.

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 20:39:38 PM »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Priceless

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Ice cream has many uses
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 20:37:52 PM »
I have some small cartons of ice cream - they hit the spot in this weather but I hadn't anticipated that they were the perfect size to get stuck on a kitten's nose  :rofl:  I just couldn't stop laughing when Kito was trying to lick out this carton and kept getting stuck in it :rofl:

Link to CatChat