Author Topic: repeal of the hunting ban  (Read 8084 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: repeal of the hunting ban
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2015, 09:49:46 AM »
obviously I agree sue but my point was that I would have preferred the snp not to make a political point of it, just turn up and vote - it would not have given the tories the opportunity to withdraw the vote and it would have been done - clearly none of us support hunting, I think it might have been me who started the thread so I'm in no way a tory hunt supporter

Bless ya Dawn - never thought for a heartbeat that you were.   :hug: Sorry if I was a bit "rabid" in my answer.  I just detest their despicable ways (said in a Daffy Duck kind of voice!)  :evillaugh:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2015, 09:34:21 AM »
obviously I agree sue but my point was that I would have preferred the snp not to make a political point of it, just turn up and vote - it would not have given the tories the opportunity to withdraw the vote and it would have been done - clearly none of us support hunting, I think it might have been me who started the thread so I'm in no way a tory hunt supporter

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2015, 21:53:23 PM »
CaMoron has already said he will try again later, probably when he has something the others MPs want.

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2015, 21:48:21 PM »
So pleased at the news ;D

Do not think they will give up though

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2015, 17:34:49 PM »
I'm glad they stepped in to make him back down but I still think they were trying to prove a point rather than worrying about hunting

They were Dawn, but I'd rather that, than the Tories managed to sneak this disgusting repeal through unopposed.    With all of the important things taking place in this country today, and the many pressing issues, it just says it all that their first priority back in power is to try to repeal the ban so their hierarchy of toadies, cronies and "countryside supporters" can carry on their depraved and disgusting pleasure of hunting an animal to its painful and inglorious death.  So civilised.   :censored: :censored:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2015, 16:12:44 PM »
I'm glad they stepped in to make him back down but I still think they were trying to prove a point rather than worrying about hunting

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2015, 16:04:39 PM »
They do have hunting in Scotland and they are allowed to flush an animal with more than 2 dogs, so in some ways this amendment would have brought the legislation in line with the Scottish act. The problem was the Tories decided to add a research and observation clause which is in neither of the acts. I have heard of hunts using this as a way of getting out of a prosecution. It's a bit like the Japanese idea to get around the whaling laws. Scotland was looking at tightening up their hunting act and hopefully will do so.

I don't think the SNP were going to vote on this issue. This was certainly the info from people in the know but they received so many calls, emails etc asking for their help they decided to do so. 

Dawn F, Cameron was acting like an undemocratic bully so I'm glad the SNP stepped in. It was the right thing to do. 

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2015, 11:44:28 AM »
Thats what politics is all about most of the time but when it involves killing defenceless animals for pleasure then those involved should be hunted down and know what its like  >:( >:( >:( >:(!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2015, 11:41:22 AM »
its nothing to do with the hunting, the snp just want to prove a point - its all pathetic playground stuff and makes me totally sick

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2015, 11:38:44 AM »
Dont they have hunting in Scotland?

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2015, 11:29:37 AM »
The vote has been postponed. Basically the Tories won't take the chance that they will be defeated, they know they have one chance to bring back their deprived so called sport. They will just try again when the Scottish MPs have been banned from voting on English issues.  >:(

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2015, 01:36:07 AM »
My Mp is a Welsh Nationalist!

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Frodo Hebe Luka Thierry Grace Solly.
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2015, 00:19:48 AM »
The whole of the West country where I live is conservative. Innocent creatures don't stand a chance with the blood thirsty bigots led by Cameron running the country.
Julie.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2015, 23:32:03 PM »
My MP supports hunting  :censored:

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2015, 22:49:37 PM »
Will be such a sad day if this goes through and other wildlife will be at risk like hares :(

Brian May is incredible in his response. It is also good Paul Mc Cartney has been very vocal

Good news that the SNP will be voting against the amendment.

Still time to email MPs

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2015, 12:14:22 PM »
Thank you so much for the link. I didn't know it was on. Brian summed it up very well with saying they were a bunch of lying b******s. I live in the middle of hunting country. There is no such thing as drag hunting around here. That is just a front for what they really get up to. Look on the hunts websites and you are fed a nice story about it being a drag hunt and no killing of foxes is allowed. Get out in the field and you see what really goes on. It makes my blood boil.
Julie.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 23:02:01 PM by bickhamwitch »

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2015, 10:40:25 AM »
If anyone is interested here is last nights Newsnight with Brian May. I thought he did a great job  :Luv:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2xh62t_bbc2-newsnight-9jul15-on-fox-hunting_animals?start=5

My MPs the same Slugsta she always votes with the government. She even copies and pastes government policy into replies as if they are her opinion. I've received a reply to say she doesn't reply to emails regarding campaigns just personal issues. So basically she doesn't reply to emails about political issues!   

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2015, 08:23:07 AM »
there is a network called conservatives against hunting

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2015, 22:28:05 PM »
I contacted my useless MP about this a while ago. He reckoned there is so much opposition to hunting, even in the conservative party, that the ban would never be repealed. However, he will do what he is told, he virtually never votes against his masters!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2015, 13:00:02 PM »
have emailed no 10 for what it is worth my mp is a pointless **** so won't bother with him

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 12:27:43 PM »
I know, this left me spitting at the television last night when I saw it.  I cant express how disgusted the pro-hunt lobby leave me feeling.

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 11:52:04 AM »
Hi, just to let people know, it looks like Cameron has decided to try and amend the Hunting Act and it could happen in the next few days. They were hoping to get one of their MPs to use a private members bill to repeal the act but seems no one was that keen to put it forward. So Cameron has to find a way to keep his :censored: mates happy.  It looks like they are just going to try to amend the act to basically make it worthless. Please could people write to their MPs again. Mine is pro hunting but I'm hoping the fact it is so unpopular will at least get her to abstain.   :'( 

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Paws, Dopey, Chubby, Moses & Minty. All in a better place and never forgotten. We'll meet again and be happy together again.
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2015, 22:43:22 PM »
Personally i'd put Cameron in a field and set a bunch of hounds on him.

About time he knew what it was like on the receiving end.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2015, 21:04:09 PM »
Me too. What I'd really like to really say can't be repeated here. Or what I'd like to happen to Cameron.
Julie.

Couldnt agree more Julie.  The bedroom Tax is affecting thousands of people on a day to day basis and leaving them in an acute dilemma, but what the Tories focus on, is ripping apart beautiful living and breathing wildlife for the sporting satisfaction of their puffed up, arrogant, and self-satisfied followers.  Countryside Alliance my Ar8e.

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 13:44:04 PM »
Me too. What I'd really like to really say can't be repeated here. Or what I'd like to happen to Cameron.
Julie.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 20:37:01 PM »
Shame! The thought of this ban being repealed sickens me  :'(

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Paws, Dopey, Chubby, Moses & Minty. All in a better place and never forgotten. We'll meet again and be happy together again.
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 20:01:13 PM »
Disappointing as it was never a subject.

Brian May brought it up but the Conservativre MP never responded to it.

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 18:32:22 PM »
Thanks for the info, must watch it.
Julie.

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 17:33:22 PM »
Brian May is on Question Time tonight so should see some talk about this.

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 16:32:44 PM »
Signed it. But was a bit annoyed I was then asked for money so as others could see the petition.
Julie.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 13:03:10 PM by Dawn F »

Link to CatChat