Author Topic: Orphaned Felix needs new home  (Read 4337 times)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Re: Orphaned Felix needs new home
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2015, 20:33:26 PM »
Thanks Gill. I was very worried about him, am so glad it has turned out well  ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2015, 23:39:12 PM »
so pleased Felix has got a new home  ;D

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Re: Orphaned Felix has found new home
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2015, 18:15:51 PM »
I'm glad to say that someone known to my SIL has rehomed Felix. They have recently lost one of their 2 cats and the remaining one is an aloof outside cat. They really wanted another 'lap cat' and Felix fits the bill perfectly. I am sad that I didn't have the chance to say Goodbye but glad that he has gone to a loving home :)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 20:37:27 PM »
Thanks everyone. We have one black (Alfie) and one b+w (Cleo) but I know people say they are not as popular as the other colourings  :'(

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 18:45:07 PM »
Am so very sorry for your loss  :hug: :hug: 

Can't help out I'm afraid  :(  but very much hope you are able to find a suitable home for your MIL's best pal before too long. 

You're such a good egg to step into the breach despite the problem with your son's allergy  :cuddle:

Felix cats (like our Dinah) are very attractive  :Luv2: so fingers crossed he will find another purrmanent home afore too long.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 18:10:12 PM »
I hope you can find a home for him soon.  He sounds like a lovely cat.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 13:47:10 PM »
Gill, thank you for your kind words and for the info about the Cinnamon Trust.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 13:43:22 PM »
Sadly Cinnamon Trust have to be arranged and put in will prior to a persons death.

Sorry for yout loss :hug: :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
Orphaned Felix needs new home
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 13:39:49 PM »
Sadly, my husband's mum died yesterday. We knew it was coming and had been asking around to try and find a potential home for Felix to no avail. Now the situation is more urgent, my SIL will stay at the house and feed Felix until she finds somewhere to rent, if he has not been rehomed by then he will be banished to our spare room. This has several large disadvantages, including the fact that my son is very allergic and would not be able to come and stay while the cat is in 'his' room!

Felix is a large b+w neutered male aged aprox 7 years - he walked into MIL's house out of nowhere several years ago, we never found out where he came from, so his age is a veterinary estimate. He is generally in good health, I can get his vaccination record from the vet. He used to be very wary of strangers but seems to have got over that since so many different people (carers etc) have been coming to the house. He's a real lap cat, very affectionate and quite laid-back. He is used to going out, would need to have access to a garden (another reason why he can't stay in my spare bedroom for long!).

We are in the Bournemouth/Poole area.

I will get some photo's when I can, I can't find the connector so that my camera will talk to my comp at the moment!

Of course I will contact CPL and the vet mentioned the Cinnamon Trust? but  I know how busy the rescues are.

I won't see him PTS but he really won't fit into our household and the other family who like/can have cats already feel that they have no vacancies.

If anyone out there can offer suggestions I would be delighted!

Link to CatChat