Author Topic: coco and her diet.  (Read 2074 times)

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Coco now but was Pings slave as well until he went to Rainbow Bridge.
Re: coco and her diet.
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 13:02:39 PM »
Perhaps she is having problems with the size of the pieces now? I know I feed Algie a food that is smaller chunks since he had his teeth out. Maybe try a cutting the pieces smaller or mashing them and adding a little water to make it more 'soupy' and see if either of those work.

No that doesn't seem to be a problem anymore, she had three back teeth out because although they didn't have plaque on them they were being 'absorbed' into the gums (apparently humans can have it as well). I have always been obsessed with Coco's weight (equating weight loss to a health problem) now I have different bowls of moist food around because I worry about the severe problems that can happen to cats if they don't eat and I want their to be plenty for her.

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 08:56:44 AM »
Perhaps she is having problems with the size of the pieces now? I know I feed Algie a food that is smaller chunks since he had his teeth out. Maybe try a cutting the pieces smaller or mashing them and adding a little water to make it more 'soupy' and see if either of those work.

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Coco now but was Pings slave as well until he went to Rainbow Bridge.
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 06:37:41 AM »
Yes twice, they call you back two days after then three weeks to check on things.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 22:57:21 PM »
She sounds a bit like Lupin, he will scavange for an old dried up bit of cat food and turn his nose up at most other food.

Have you seen the vets since the op? There could be a reason that needs checking out.

Also what is the eather like, ours is very warm for the time of year and that could also be a reason.

Have you given her biscuits cos if mouth is painful they can just swallow them

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
coco and her diet.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 16:44:11 PM »
Coco had some teeth out about a month ago and ever since then she has been really fussy with her food. If there is an old dried piece of cat food on a plate ready for the bin she will eat it but if I put some fresh down she walks away. I have been putting it in small dollops on her plate since yesterday, but have to pick a small piece up for her to try. She had her bloods taken before the op and had an examination to check her out and they said it was fine..
She plays around, goes to sleep and wants us to play with her. She was 4.8 before her op and is now 4.6/7/8.

Link to CatChat