Author Topic: Claw ripped, blood, outdoor cat  (Read 1748 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Claw ripped, blood, outdoor cat
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 19:36:39 PM »
Think you need to speak to a vet cos if thiss becomes infected it would be very bad.

A 2 week abs jb would make sure it OK

Offline babsiec

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Flash, Candy and Lucky
Re: Claw ripped, blood, outdoor cat
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 09:33:41 AM »
Update   Just bathed his foot in warm salty water, and can see it's not the claw, but 2 deepish cuts up the side of one toe. He let us clean it, and doesn't sem too bothered. Think we will keep bathing it twice a day and watch for infection..

Offline babsiec

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Flash, Candy and Lucky
Claw ripped, blood, outdoor cat
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 08:52:04 AM »
Our Gizmo is 1 year old and a very adventurous boy, we live in country so he has room to explore. Late last night we noticed blood on a front paw, we THINK it may be a claw pulled out, but it could be a cut. He didn't seem bothered by it. We bathed it with warm water.

This morning my husband let him out, he always wants to be out, goes up the wall if shut in.

I am not sure whether to try and get him in to a Saturday vet for a antibiotic jab, or keep bathingh in salt water and keep checking it for heat/infection and see how it goes till Monday. Also I have read of people appling manuka honey to wounds, which has antibiotic properties.

Any advice appreciated, but the thought of keeping him in for a week is terrible, he would go bonkers (and so would we!) Thanks

Link to CatChat