Author Topic: Info please.  (Read 3494 times)

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
Re: Info please.
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2015, 10:56:47 AM »
So pleased she is doing well, eating, drinking and allowing you to give her a fuss :)  It took Algie a few days to get over his op, but he was very poorly before it poor lad.  I think you might be right about the cough, but always worth mentioning.

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Coco now but was Pings slave as well until he went to Rainbow Bridge.
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2015, 09:52:29 AM »
Hope Coco is recovering well. The £300 sounds more realistic, I paid more than that 4 years ago for Algie, although he had all his teeth extracted and some work to his gums as well.

She has been nibbling food and drinking and of course sleeping. She went up her climbing frame this morning and I had to stroke and play with her. She has a bit of a cough but as she has to go to the vet tomorrow for a check up I will mention it but it is probable from the tube they put down her throat.

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2015, 09:48:23 AM »
Hope Coco is recovering well. The £300 sounds more realistic, I paid more than that 4 years ago for Algie, although he had all his teeth extracted and some work to his gums as well.

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Coco now but was Pings slave as well until he went to Rainbow Bridge.

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 08:44:30 AM »
Right the quote I was given by the new receptionist was wrong as she didn't include extractions so it was £300. This was for the blood test before op, dental extractions, medications, Loyal Friends screening and drip.

She was suffering from tooth resorption

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feline_odontoclastic_resorptive_lesion#/media/File:FORL-Molar.jpg
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 08:45:50 AM by Peardrop »

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 08:15:13 AM »
Hope all went well?

£175 does sound reasonable if teeth are going to be extracted.  How many did she have to lose and is she recovering OK?   :hug: :hug:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 20:45:00 PM »
Hope Coco doesn't complain too loudly about the lack of food and that the op goes well tomorrow  :hug:  Please let us know how she went on. I agree the price does sound very reasonable.

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 18:15:57 PM »
I phoned not long ago and spoke to the head nurse she knows Coco and said up to 9pm will be fine. She said as soon as cats come round and are able to eat they give them food or a high calorie food depending.

Thanks. I am having the blood test done before the op'. With that and the op it will cost me £175 I thought it would be more than that.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 18:13:56 PM »
Thats good cos I was gonna say the same as the others, Hope all goes well  :hug: :hug:

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 16:16:25 PM »
I phoned not long ago and spoke to the head nurse she knows Coco and said up to 9pm will be fine. She said as soon as cats come round and are able to eat they give them food or a high calorie food depending.

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 16:11:53 PM »
I think my vets usually say either 7 or 8pm. Have they said what time you may be able to bring her home,it could possible they are thinking of operating early?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 16:14:20 PM by Jiji »

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 15:34:19 PM »
I let mine eat up to 10pm and they always have water, to long to leave a cat without food as they are grazers opposed to wolfing it down in one go
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
Info please.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 15:11:28 PM »
Coco is having some teeth out tomorrow not because she has plaque but because they have something wrong with them that is causing the gums in that area to bleed.

She has to be at the vets tomorrow at 8:50.

As from 6pm she cannot eat but can drink water. Does anyone else think this is very early?

Link to CatChat