Author Topic: update on jack  (Read 3277 times)

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Simon & Tom (Tabby, Silvie and Moses RIP)
Re: update on jack
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2015, 20:01:13 PM »
Thanks Sheila. Oh yes definitely going to be a rescue cat, we never buy :Luv:  She lives in Crockenhill, in Kent so we will be looking at all the local rescues. Will check out your FB page too :Luv:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2015, 19:19:30 PM »
It will be a form of closure for her, and allow her to move on :hug: :hug: RIP Jack, gone so fast, and so soon. Always a Purr in our Hearts. x

Heather, you know the local rescues to put your Sister on to. I'm sure the purrfect companion for Meg is just around the corner.

Have a look on  Facebook pages, particularly Goldies Oldies, CHAT etc and hook up with the London and Kent rescue sites on there. Check in to my FB account (Kiss cat avatar) and see who I'm following, there's so many....

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2015, 18:40:59 PM »
Thanks everyone, Jack is now buried in my sisters garden with some nice pot plants on top. Her other cat Meg is lonely so even though it is rather soon, she is on the lookout for a new furry friend :( :)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2015, 22:38:04 PM »
What a terrible shock for you!

RIP beautiful boy, run free at the bridge.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2015, 17:53:16 PM »
Oh no, what a shock. Heather I'm glad he didn't suffer but feel so sad for his family I know how hard you fought for him.  :hug: :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 09:45:39 AM »
I am so sorry to hear this sad news but so sudden he flew to the Bridge in peace  :hug: :hug: :hug:

RIP Jack play hard

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 07:23:34 AM »
Such sad news  :( It must have been such a shock with being so sudden, but as you say the good way to go  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Run free Jack

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
Re: update on jack RIP 23.3.15
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 22:43:57 PM »
Turned out he had a heart problem and also either lung tumours or fluid in his lungs. Jack was put on meds for the last few months, he had a great appetite and ate loads but sadly didnt put any weight on. This monday night we had been out for our mums birthday, and when my sister got home, went to feed her ponies, came back to feed the cats, Jack ate all his, jumped back on the table for 2nds and then literally just fell on his side and passed away. Very sudden, very upsetting but what a nice way to go. He was such a lovely cat, only 9 years old. Taken far too soon :( :(
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 22:46:21 PM by heather sullivan »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 13:35:15 PM »
Tumours can be begnine sp?

Misa has lost a kilo in last year and is not currently his greedy self, he had a health check in Nov and only weighed 6.8 kgs!

Because he is so terrified of people he nearly hyperventalates on journey to vets and his heart is racing when examined and my vet is so kind and gentle with him,

The vet said to keep an eye on him but dont know how they would get blood out of him or how he would act under say sedation.

I hope Jack is OK and that what ever is going on can be sorted  :hug: :hug:

Agree with Helen over the time scale as Napoleon was having seizures but was too ill to travel for MRI but after a couple of years the vet finally agreed with my first vets diagnosis the in was an infection in his brain because he said that by this time if it had been a tumour  or something else he would no longer be with me by then.

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 11:44:30 AM »
thats sounds great, i will ask my sister to order some. thanks very much :Luv:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 11:22:54 AM »
It looks like Chicken Bovril and the tubes needs shaken before each pump as it separates when we thought Hudson kitten was on the way out I added it to his kitten food and he gained 200grams in a week and I use it on the oldies and the ones who have had dentals just gives them  boost when they need it. Our vet thought it was a gimmick till they met Chunkchop 9 months after they said he wouldn't still be with me he drank his food for 9 months with this added and although he now eats properly Mummy still adds it to his extra sachet I gravy when he comes looking like Oliver for more ;D
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 10:34:14 AM »
thank you :) is Complivit the paste? i just googled it as never heard of it before?

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 08:37:56 AM »
Sorry to hear Jack is poorly again :hug: I recently took Riley to the vets for something that I was worried may be a tumour - the vet said that with the timeframes involved he would have expected things to get progressively worse (which thankfully they haven't in Riley's case). If Jacks symptoms have been pretty consistent with no great worsening over time then hopefully it's not a tumour, although still a worry and I hope you can get to the bottom of things and get him back on track :hug:

Complivit added his food will help with weight gain - 1 pump is equal to a full days calories I use it with my 2 Hyperthyroids

I'm not sure that's right Liz - on the can it says it's 4720 calories per kg of product. One dose (for a 3-5kg cat) is 5g of product, so 5g would have 24 calories. A 5kg cat needs around 280-290 cals so one pump is defo not equal to a full days calories!

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 00:17:43 AM »
Complivit added his food will help with weight gain - 1 pump is equal to a full days calories I use it with my 2 Hyperthyroids
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
update on jack
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 22:45:16 PM »
my sisters cat who was told he had cancer in his jaw 18 months ago and it turned out it was just a bad bone infection. He has now lost a lot of weight, went to vets yest, 18 months ago he weighed 5.60, yest he weighed 4.40. they did blood tests as I suspected he may have thyroid problems. he eats a lot, even without all his bottom teeth, but he has a very fat lower lip ever since he had the op to take his teeth out. test results back show nothing that really stands out apart from his liver enzymes are slighty raised, and his thyroid is lower than it should be! going to try him on anti biotics for 2 weeks to see if  it will hep his fat lip and see if he can put weight back on. the vet felt him all over yest said couldnt feel any "lumps". a different vet who rang my sis today said something going on, his liver could be slightly enlarged, possible tumour, (even though he has been losing weight for about 6 months) i thought a tumour would have got worse by now and as he is thin they could have felt it? he also has quite fast breathing, although he was purring yest when the vet tried to listen to his chest! If he still loses weight they were talking about a scan and/or biopsy although he is not insured. he is only about 10. quite baffling!! Anyone come across these symptoms before? Sorry for all the waffle........... :(

Link to CatChat