Author Topic: Going on holiday  (Read 1531 times)

Offline R and R

• Kitten
Re: Going on holiday
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 16:44:35 PM »
Yeah, it's good to know someone will be in and out the house too.

Just have these visions of them all sad - I know it's stupid. Even though Trixie is the youngest, Frankie is my biggest concern as hes very cautious of people. Loves me and OH but he's not taken to anyone else. Trixie will play with anyone!

When me and my OH went away for a week my mum came and stayed and cat sat.. I had the same concerns as you, especially for Ripley who sounds like she has a similar attitude to humans as your Frankie, i imagined both of them pining away not knowing if their beloved slaves were ever going to return.... Well when we did return my mum informed me that they were fine, Rico came for regular fusses and Ripley mainly ignored her but they were both fine... I think for them they are still in their territory which will smell of their slaves (who leave for various periods of time regularly anyway) and they still have each other... As long as your comfortable with the sitter i wouldn't be worried... you will probably miss them more than they you...     

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 15:22:18 PM »
Just make sure she knows how to enter and leave without them escaping and presumably they will not be going out while you are away.  ;D ;D

Offline Sassybot

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Frankenstein
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 13:43:24 PM »
Yeah, it's good to know someone will be in and out the house too.

Just have these visions of them all sad - I know it's stupid. Even though Trixie is the youngest, Frankie is my biggest concern as hes very cautious of people. Loves me and OH but he's not taken to anyone else. Trixie will play with anyone!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 13:39:12 PM »
they will be fine, a cat sitter is my preference as well and I've never had a problem

Offline Sassybot

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Frankenstein
Going on holiday
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 13:37:46 PM »
Me and my OH are going away for 8 days from the 1st November.
We initially planned for Frankenstein and Trixie to go to my mum's but because of Trixie being poorly, she had her jabs late so isn't fully protected. My mum has two cats of her own that do go outside (plus a dog!) so it's not worth the risk.

We've hired a cat sitter who will be coming over every day to feed them, clean the litter tray and give cuddles. She seems lovely, but I' just a bit worried about leaving them.

They have a dry food dispenser so will always have access food and water. The woman will be giving them a wet food meal which they only get one of a day anyway. Mostly she will be giving cuddles - even Frankie took to her.

They'll be ok wont they? Think I'm projecting my concerns on them as I keep imagining them crying for us.

Link to CatChat