Author Topic: Stray Cat in West Midlands  (Read 9056 times)

Offline banshee

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Lily & Korky
Re: Stray Cat in West Midlands
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 18:45:34 PM »
 :thanks: for your comments. We haven't took him to the vets (yet). He is definitely unhomed and if he strayed it would have been at least a couple of years ago when he first appeared in our close. He is sleeping outside as he always has twigs and gravel in his fur which is very thick and a bit matted and adapted to outside life. We may put a cat flap in our shed and clear it out for this Winter so that he has a shelter with a bed, and try and get him neutered. Perhaps if we take this step he might just fit in with Korky and Lily - claws crossed! I will definitely look into a smaller rescue place in the meantime. I live in Dudley by the way. Thanks!

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Simon & Tom (Tabby, Silvie and Moses RIP)
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 21:03:08 PM »
your local CPL would probably give you a voucher to get him neutered, that will prob calm him down a lot. :(

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 21:54:02 PM »
Would any of the rescues put him on their waiting list and take him when they can?

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 21:13:43 PM »
Hi Banshee,  :welcome: to purrs.
Most of the rescues will be full to bursting with pregnant females and kittens at the moment so I am not surprised you are not having any luck. I assume he has been taken to the vets to check if he is microchipped and also that you have ruled out he is not a local cat that someone has left unneutered. The West Midlands is a large area if you can be a little more specific with the area someone may know of a smaller rescue that may be able to help or put him on a list.

Offline banshee

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Lily & Korky
Stray Cat in West Midlands
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 19:24:04 PM »
Hi everyone, I am at the end of my tether. I love cats and have 2 of my own - Lily and Korky (male and female). About 2 years ago a stray cat appeared in our close 'Spot',  and systematically began fighting all the cats in the close including my male cat. I fitted a microchip cat flap as he was coming into my house when I was at work. Once our close had wheelie bins he wasn't able to get food from the bins and could no longer get in my house for food. I felt really sorry for him in the rain and started feeding him outside. However he now hangs out all day outside my door meowing for food and I can't get out the door without him running in to get food. My male cat used to spray indoors when he could get in but since the new flap Korky has calmed down a lot and I don't want to wreck his peace of mind. I have contacted vets, PDSA, RSPCA and CPL but no-one is interested in taking him on unless he is injured (then he would probably be put to sleep). I have advertised on Petsearch too. He is un-neutered and is a bit grubby but looks quite young (about 2-3?) and he purrs and rubs when I put food down so he isn't feral and could be a nice pet. Does anyone know what I can do? Does anyone know anyone or somewhere who could take him on and give him a nice indoor life? We have just had new neighbours with 2 cats (1 week ago) and he has already fought one of them twice. We all love our cats in our close but 'Spot' is terrorizing us and our cats!  Please please help, I don't know where else to go. I don't feel that I can take on another cat and upset Korky's territory. I am dreading the winter to see him outside.

Link to CatChat