Author Topic: For RACR, Nottingham - Rest Easy, Dillen (16th August, 2014)  (Read 3989 times)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Re: For RACR, Nottingham - Rest Easy, Dillen (16th August, 2014)
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 17:38:30 PM »
RIP beautiful girl, no-one will ever hurt you again.

Offline CuteCats

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 16:36:16 PM »
RIP Dillen, beautiful little black one. x  :'(

Play well on the bridge.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 11:37:28 AM »
So very sad

RIP Dillon, restored to full health and away from anyone who can hurt you on the Bridge

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 09:22:44 AM »
what a shame, still at least she lived her last few years in peace

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 07:55:25 AM »
A huge loss to her family. So very sad  :( :(

RIP Dillen  :( :(
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 00:24:45 AM »
Very sorry to hear Dillen has passed on, Shonagh. She sounds like a fantastic character, and it's credit to you she got her second chance  :hug:

RIP brave girl x

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 22:12:05 PM »
Posting for me, now. Dillen was a rather special girl to me as the rescue that had her previously to RACR contacted me and explained they really only had 24 hours to find her somewhere safe before euthanasia as every fosterer they had was point blank refusing to take her due to her outbursts.

After calming down from this, I started contacting rescuers I knew and trusted and Andrea agreed to take Dillen on long term. Dillen was remarkably happy there and was totally the boss in the house. I had the pleasure of meeting her a couple of times and her indomitable spirit was very clear. She was a wonderful little lady and I'm glad she lived somewhere she was loved, respected and cared for with no conditions applied to it for the last few years of her life.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
For RACR, Nottingham - Rest Easy, Dillen (16th August, 2014)
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 22:04:31 PM »
"It is with complete heart break that I am posting this. Today we lost Dillon!  we found her in a collapsed state and rushed her to the nearest vets as time wasn't on our hands, she was non responsive. Sadly her pancreas had completely failed on her. She was fine yesterday 

Dillon came to me in April 2011 from another rescue as she was going to be pts. Youths had cut her ear tips off and threw her against walls. Because of this she lost trust in humans and was attacking them. I took her in the hope to rehabilitate so she wasn't destroyed. Over the next year I managed to do this with slow progress, starting in a small crate and expanding to a bigger one each time she felt comfortable, until eventfully she told me she was ready to be in the house. Progress from there soon moved on. Due to all her stress she developed stress diabetic and pancreas failure. We managed this through our wonderful vet Erica, finding the right dose of insulin and controlled diet. Dillon picked up after a fee months.new didn't put Dillon up for rehoming as we didn't think she would have long left with her so she stayed long term with us in our home, with the help of 6 wonderful people who sponsored her each month to help towards her costs. Dillon proved us all wrong and lived another 3 years! She was a feisty cat and this I am going to miss the most. If she wasn't happy with other cats or dogs behaviour she would jump in and well, I will put it as it was, beat the crap out of them! A few times along those years she also decided to put us in our place a few times leaving us with bleeding wounds and bruises! She was just ace! She was the queen of this place and ruled us all! Amongst those antics she was known for opening doors so we had to out bolts on a few doors to stop her letting the dogs out the kitchen when we wasn't in or during the night. Dillon would always let us know when she wanted food as she would never leave you alone in the kitchen, jumping on work tops and whacking us with her paws and sinking claws in. She was the best cat ever with a feisty and strong personality.

I knew her time was coming short as she was becoming doddery and very unstable, a lot quieter and no more feisty. I kept telling myself, no she won't go yet, she can't. But today she did, she left us to cross rainbow bridge.

Dillon I will miss you so much and we have no one to keep the other cats and dogs in order, so please look of us all and give them a reminder every now and then of your wonderful presence. Run free baby girl, a lot of people are really going to miss you. xx"
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 22:06:56 PM by JackSpratt »

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Link to CatChat