Author Topic: Any advice ... Urgent given two tablets by mistake instead of one , worried sick  (Read 1479 times)

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
Thanks.
I did ring two vets just to see if one said something different to the other  :-[
They both said he would be fine.
It's not overly runny just very soft , but he eats like a donkey !
He seems absolutely fine and has got over his funny turn now.
Vet says its sometimes oxygen not quite reaching his brain . And he doesn't like being too hot ,that affects him too .

He has all the same symptoms as my brother !

I won't go into,details , but my brothers mental health has totally gone now , dreading going to see him, it's like seeing a stranger now .
The things he is doing are really unbelievable and he now has to have someone with him all the time.
The one thing he has been caught doing is drinking out the kettle spout , the water could have just boiled !!!
The other things are too bad to say  :-[
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 00:38:58 AM by bunglycat »

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
Gill, if he's okay now he will be just fine. Don't upset yourself too much.  :hug:

Now, I don't use anything from Johnsons just out of caution as I know the damage their flea collars can do, and dont trust a firm who would risk an animals health for profit, but if the cat has diarrhorreah (I can never stop spelling that word) after 24 hours fasting then he does need to go back to the vet. I hope this little guy pulls through.  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Thats hours ago so think no prob but to be on safe side rind an emergency vet and ask them

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
The Stomorgyll tablets weren't doing Winston much good , still had sloppy runs (sorry)
So got some Johnsons diarrhoea tablets that Pauline uses on Persians she gets in if they have a problem.
Well, I have never used them before and mistakenly read the dog dose and gave him two tablets instead of on.
This was around 4-5pm today .
He has been to,the loo though so am I worrying over nothing?
He weighs about 6-7kg and it said that dose for dogs weighing that .

Link to CatChat