Author Topic: Please sign petition to get Polar Bear moved from terrible conditions.  (Read 5437 times)

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
Re: Please sign petition to get Polar Bear moved from terrible conditions.
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2015, 21:04:22 PM »
Signed :(

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2014, 20:52:51 PM »
Signed both x
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 20:21:51 PM »
Yes the lake district is always a good option. I go to Cornwall a lot as my family live there so no worries there.

I'm going to Naples at the beginning of October and I'm already starting to worry about how many stray animals there will be. :(  I've kept to central and northern Italy for the last few holidays and haven't seen anything upsetting. Am pushing myself to go to Naples as have wanted to go for years and don't want to let the animal problems stop me from travelling. Fingers crossed I will be pleasantly surprised. 

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
I've signed for the horses. I remember going to Malta about 10 years ago and seeing the poor horses. Decided not to go there again because of the songbird slaughter. I find it difficult to go anywhere on holiday as spend half the time worrying about animals.

Oh gosh me too ..no Spain, no African or Middle Eastern countries, no Far East., not thrilled with Norway or Iceland (whaling). Greece, Cyprus & Malta are no go.....I tend to just go to the Lake District!!!

X

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Such a shame!  >:(

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
Thousands of people signed the Arturo petition. The zoo ignored it and said he was too old to be moved.

What a shower of b**tards.

X

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
Signed both. People's abuse of animals disgusts me.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Have signed both.  Would love to see Arturo get a natural life in a wonderful place, rather than that living hell.

I love Malta, but admit that I always feel anguish at the horses - some of them are very well looked after, and are given shade, food and water whilst working, but others........

They used to have a real problem with stray ats there too, but now CP has been working very hard to educate people, and their neutering programme has vastly reduced the number of unwanted cats.  A lot can be achieved with the right input.

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
I've signed for the horses. I remember going to Malta about 10 years ago and seeing the poor horses. Decided not to go there again because of the songbird slaughter. I find it difficult to go anywhere on holiday as spend half the time worrying about animals.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Maybe people would also like to stop the suffering of the horses that pull the tourist carriages in Malta?

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/the-honourable-joseph-muscat-prime-minister-of-malta-ban-maltese-karrozin

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
Signed. Thank you for drawing this to our attention.

Link to CatChat