Author Topic: Seizure?  (Read 1818 times)

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Paws, Dopey, Chubby, Moses & Minty. All in a better place and never forgotten. We'll meet again and be happy together again.
Re: Seizure?
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2014, 20:45:06 PM »
Sorry to hear this.

Sadly, I have experience of this and it's confusing how a cat can go to all good to very ill just like that.

You've given her that gift of not having to suffer and by now she'll be playing hard on the bridge.

All my best to you.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2014, 22:48:17 PM »
Soul destroying.  Am so sad for you.  But - you have so much to look back on, all of the trust you built up with this little lady.  What a tremendous gift of love.    :hug: :hug:  So many people never experience this in a lifetime.  Hold it tight, and smile.   :hug: :)

Offline Newlis

• Kitten
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 22:26:01 PM »
Safe journey to Chloe Tinkerbell.  Whatever ailed her in life wont trouble her now, bless her heart.  And bless you too, because this must've come as a terrible shock.   :hug: :hug:

It really was.

Last night she was full of beans, I wasn't expecting this at all.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 21:46:18 PM »
Oh Newlis! I am so sorry to hear this  :hug:

RIP Chloe Tinkerbell. Play hard at the bridge darling girl.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2014, 20:35:56 PM »
I am so very sorry to read this sad news  :hug: :hug: :hug:

RIP Tinkerbell play hard on the Bridge

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 20:14:42 PM »
RIP Tinkerbell  :(

What a terrible shock for you Newlis  :hug: :hug:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 19:08:33 PM »
Safe journey to Chloe Tinkerbell.  Whatever ailed her in life wont trouble her now, bless her heart.  And bless you too, because this must've come as a terrible shock.   :hug: :hug:

Offline Newlis

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 17:55:26 PM »
Her name was Tinkerbell. Before that it was Chloe when she belonged to someone else. She just walked into our house one day and decided she was staying and the owner wasn't bothered.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 17:50:44 PM »
I'm so sorry that she deteriorated so much that you had to let her go  :hug:  What is her name?

Run free little one. 

Offline Newlis

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 17:25:43 PM »
Unfortunately her condition rapidly deteriorated and the vet thought her outlook was very grim so I've made the heart-breaking decision to put her to sleep. My poor mother when she comes in...

The vet said all he could gather from her blood results was that she had a very white blood cell count and we could have been looking at meningitis.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 16:58:50 PM »
Thinking of you  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 16:51:05 PM »
Yes there are at least 3 of us and best way is to go to home button then do a search for seizure,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it should bring up my napoleons thread, Susannes Jaffa thread and a couple of others.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Newlis

• Kitten
Seizure?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 16:25:31 PM »
I found one of our cats collapsed a few hours ago. :c

I thought she was just sunbathing at first but when she didn't respond to me coming I thought there was something wrong. When I got closer I could see she was frothing at the mouth. I touched her and she was unresponsive, she couldn't stand, sot or move and felt rigid. She had also defecated herself a little bit.

I rushed her to the vets and they think she might have had a seizure but they can't be sure that it is or what may have caused it. So far she's had a chest x-ray and we're waiting on blood results.

She's had no history of seizures or ill health before this. I don't think she's been poisoned unless she's nibbled on a plant that cause this. She is nearly 16 years old though.

Anyone have any experience with cats and seizures? Or any other condition her symptoms might sound like?

Xx

Link to CatChat