Author Topic: Worried...  (Read 44006 times)

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
Re: Worried...
« Reply #246 on: June 23, 2015, 23:38:11 PM »

RIP Minty

Sorry for your loss  :hug: :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #245 on: June 23, 2015, 23:19:57 PM »
I am so terribly sorry and dont feel bad about questions, thats what we are all about.

You gave Minty all the love and care  you could and she will be so happy that you gave her the final gift  with all your love.   :hug: :hug: :hug:

RIP Minty you will always be a purr in your meomys heart

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Paws, Dopey, Chubby, Moses & Minty. All in a better place and never forgotten. We'll meet again and be happy together again.
« Reply #244 on: June 23, 2015, 22:57:36 PM »
Thanks everybody for your best wishes over the past few years.

Minty had a fit around 8pm tonight and was rushed to the vets. She was constantly fitting for around an hour and 40 minutes bar coming out of fitting a couple of times in the early stages. The vet tells me she wouldn't have felt anything.

The options were Ketosis, sedation and intensive care for 24-48 hours or to let her go.

With a heavy heart, seeing the state she was in and hearing the vets facts, without any pressure from him and with tears running down my face, I decided to let Minty join her sisters Paws, Chubby and Dopey and her brother Moses at Rainbow Bridge.

I'm sorry for all the questions over the years and I can't say too much right now as I am completely lost and honestly wish the vet had put me to sleep as well but I shall be back when i've had chance to calm down a bit.

Thanks everyone. Tonight I lost the final one of my best friends and I just need time to recover. I am going to be completely lost for a while having worked my life around her for so long...

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #243 on: June 22, 2015, 21:43:20 PM »
Hope things settle :hug: :hug: :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #242 on: June 22, 2015, 20:26:13 PM »
I sus[pect that she will not be right until she gets her house back..............how long will the work go on for?

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #241 on: June 22, 2015, 17:46:17 PM »

Miroslav   :hug: :hug:  It's so hard when you live in rented accommodation and things like this happen. 

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Paws, Dopey, Chubby, Moses & Minty. All in a better place and never forgotten. We'll meet again and be happy together again.
« Reply #240 on: June 22, 2015, 13:19:02 PM »
Well, she had a better night. No urinating in her place.

She was alert earlier, other than usual hungry/thirsty/attention so I carried her upstairs and she went to the loo, so I fear with the door closed (and it needs to be in case she runs out the front door, although I don't think she would and the builders have been asked to keep the door shut anyway) she is not asking to leave to go to the loo, hence urinating where she sleeps, silly girl.

The real test is Wednesday when I go back to work. She's not going to like being kept upstairs with a stair gate blocking her entry to downstairs.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #239 on: June 21, 2015, 19:39:55 PM »
Miroslav  :hug: I'm sorry I can't offer any practical advice  :(

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #238 on: June 21, 2015, 18:39:57 PM »
Frances - i'd like to think it's just the building work but they've not been here this weekend and she's still doing it.

She pees a lot. Last night she done three pees in her litter area but her chair was wet. She has urinated there again today and layed in it.

Bathing her doesn't work, she still smells, my home smells and I can't get rid of it. I have to scrub many times a day whether I work that day or not and with my physical condition, it's getting harder and it'snot making the home smell any better anyway.

I will look into the mattress protector and the spray. Thanks.

If I sound grumpy, it's because my house smells, my landlord is probably going to kill us when they come back for the works tomorrow, i've had a crap birthday, my health is getting worse, my money is dwindling as all the extra sprays,pads etc etc i'm buying is killing me and i'm at my wits end worried about everything. I really have no idea what to do. She just won't stop doing it.

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
« Reply #237 on: June 18, 2015, 12:36:36 PM »
From what you say, I suspect the peeing is related to the building work; hopefully she'll stop when they go.  Have you thought about getting a waterproof mattress protector for her chair, something like http://www.dunelm-mill.com/shop/drynights-waterproof-cotton-soft-mattress-protector-510412.  I would think a single size could be cut into (at least) two - one on the chair, one in the wash.

As far as any smell is concerned, I highly recommend http://www.commandenvironmentalsolutions.com/epages/BT4547.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT4547/Products/RX23.  Eleanor can't bury her poos and she can come up with some right stinkers :fart: - a squirt of this stuff means I can at least approach her tray! 

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #236 on: June 18, 2015, 11:52:13 AM »
Thanks Gill & Liz

With the mashing of the food, I mean blending etc and what kind of foods. She's not keen on Pate for some reason, preferring Jelly and Gravy. Ironically, sometimes big pieces are easier for her than small pieces. She must be able to grab bigger pieces with her lips or something but ideally some food that is easy to mash. It's about experimenting. I will look at complivit too.

She's urinated on the floor and her place again today. It's very tiring having to wash her and her seat all the time and I can't get the smell out. I've had to apologise to the contractors incase they smell it. I will wash her cushion again later in the bath and give her the other one and keep swapping. I'm lost for ideas. She urinated in her normal litter/puppy pad place three times overnight and pooped too. She doesn't poop in her seat, just urinates.

I'm hoping when the works are complete she will go back to normal. Another two weeks yet though.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #235 on: June 17, 2015, 19:08:02 PM »
I liquidise the food with some water and add Complivit to my 21 yo food - Complivit is a food supplement and one pump equals a full days calories for a 4kg cat
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #234 on: June 17, 2015, 18:58:22 PM »
Mash with a fork...............or have I misunderstood.

If the food doesnt hve much liquid add a bit of water. Try some pate food but again mix with water.

Yes her deafness will make her meow but also could be the start of dementia.

Poor girl having to endure the work, she will be able to feel the vibrations if she cant hear the noise.

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #233 on: June 17, 2015, 18:31:20 PM »
Just a small update.

Minty has been doing really well in the main. She's bright and alert.

A few downsides - she's finding it tougher to eat. She certainly gives it a good go but it takes her longer and sometimes she gets frustrated. She has few teeth left and they are in a 21 year olds condition. Any advice on what to use to mash it up and make it easier for her?

She doesn't spend nights with me anymore. She comes up for  a bit but as soon as I start to drift off, she leaves and spends the night downstairs. I can often here her mewwing which stops after 10-20 seconds. She doesn't come back up - I think she's lost confidence in the stairs.

Her earing is virtually gone I think. Maybe the new excessive mewwing is because of this. Lots of loud noises and not even a flicker of a sign that she can hear them.

We are having a new kitchen at the moment. She is kept away from them but lots of drilling and she isn't responding. Sometimes she looks towards the door but I think it's a case of her either feeling vibrations or seeing shadow or just having that cats sense.

She's started peeing in her chair again in the last couple of days. I fear it is because of the workmen and lots of things being moved which she hates. I did worry about this but could not put off the needed works much longer.

Any thoughts/advice on any of the above would be appreciated.

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #232 on: March 16, 2015, 13:10:42 PM »
Sue - I'm not sure. Part of me says yes, part of me says no. My sister's cats who she cannot have at he new house and are currently with her stranged husband are a possibility. If not, then I may just look at helping other cats etc by donating food and sponsoring etc.

Rosella - I've not tried the trim yet. As lovely as Minty is, she's a proper scaredy cat and worrier so I have to do things carefully without her knowing most of the time and then make a huge fuss of her afterwards just incase she did know. She's very sensitive. I will give it a go when I see an opportunity!

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #231 on: March 11, 2015, 09:10:34 AM »
You are a very kind and considerate cat dad  :hug: :hug: :hug:

I wouldn't worry at all about trimming her nether regions as long as you are ultra careful not to nip her skin of course.  I've been trimming Groucho's trewsers since he grew them altho now he is approaching 5 years old, less need.  With him it has usually been slugs that he has sat on or such like altho we have had a number of "accidents" too.  Best of luck  :hug: :hug: :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #230 on: March 11, 2015, 08:03:35 AM »
Of course you will Miroslav.  :hug: :hug:

Do you think that you would have room in your heart for another? 

I think it's fantastic that you've managed to nurture so many of your babies to maturity and beyond.  It would be a shame if that talent fell dormant.  :hug:

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #229 on: March 10, 2015, 16:49:15 PM »
I will try and trim her at some stage  :Crazy:

I'm going to be lost when she is gone. I looked after them all, especially in their hours of need, but Minty's needs have lasted longer than the others.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #228 on: March 10, 2015, 07:15:59 AM »

You are such a wonderful Cat Daddy, Miroslav.   :hug: You and Minty have a very special bond.

I recall performing similar services for Paddy, and it's a real test of trust.  Very rewarding when you can contribute to their comfort in their twilight years. 

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #227 on: March 09, 2015, 21:33:53 PM »
I agree with Gill, I don't think it would be unkind to give her a little trim - especially if it reduced the baths!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #226 on: March 09, 2015, 16:30:54 PM »
Not unlind to trim fur around tail end if you can manage it, my vet did this for Sasa but she is now much cleaner so no need.

Pleased she is happy  ;D ;D

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #225 on: March 09, 2015, 16:17:17 PM »
Thanks Dave.

Slugsta - didn't take her long really. She was just a little upset about her vet trip - naturally.

Just given her a bath   :shify: as she doesn't wash anywhere other than her face these days. She's pretty good. I stand her in the bath, hold her with one arm around her and wash her legs and lower areas carefully as she gets messy (was thinking of trimming her fur a little bit in her back legs/bottom area as it excrement gets stuck in her fur but not sure if that would be classed as unkind) in luke warm water and cat shampoo and then I dry her off and she sits in her newly cleansed chair to finish drying in a heated room.

Her main body and head I have a spray shampoo which she actually enjoys  :P

She's not a fan of the baths but doesn't struggle too much and just a couple of meeows. I think I dislike doing it more than she dislikes the water  :sick:

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #224 on: January 31, 2015, 15:58:56 PM »
A bit grainy, but a bit more detail:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #223 on: January 31, 2015, 14:54:33 PM »
Has she forgiven you yet?

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #222 on: January 30, 2015, 19:02:35 PM »
It's dark and I can't work out how to lighten it, but you can just about see a sleeping Minty  :rofl:

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #221 on: January 22, 2015, 12:39:45 PM »
A bit more purry overnight and today.

Nearly there  :naughty:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #220 on: January 22, 2015, 01:05:55 AM »
I am sure she will get back to normak when she realizes she is safe again  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #219 on: January 21, 2015, 21:40:13 PM »
She's getting there but still no purring.

A bit more clingy last night but without the usual affection towards me.  :shify:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #218 on: January 21, 2015, 12:39:28 PM »
Thats good and hope she settles quick  :hug: :hug:

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #217 on: January 20, 2015, 21:16:30 PM »
She's got the hump a bit and is only now starting to settle.

Vets are happy with her though, so as long as she is fine, this won't need to happen again for 3 months.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #216 on: January 20, 2015, 20:08:03 PM »
That's very good news  ;D

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #215 on: January 20, 2015, 18:53:24 PM »
She's home!

£78 for Curve, Insulin and Loxicom.

More importantly though, she's home and can now settle down for the evening, hopefully.

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #214 on: January 20, 2015, 08:53:12 AM »
We're off to the vets in 20 minutes.

If transport arrives today.

I'm going to be nervous all day waiting for this evening to pick her up.

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #213 on: January 15, 2015, 14:01:52 PM »
I wish you lived nearer too!

Minty seems a little happier at the moment. The Cystitis hasn't played her up for a few days now, so she's more calm. Luckily yesterdays shenanigans haven't affected her.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #212 on: January 15, 2015, 13:16:54 PM »
I couldnt agree more.  I wish you'd lived near us - I know my hubby would've been happy to help you out.

I have my fingers crossed for next week, and sending a gentle chin rub for Minty.

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #211 on: January 15, 2015, 13:14:20 PM »
Yes, I was angry yesterday.

If people don't want to or can't do it, they shouldn't agree to it.

It's so annoying that when you do so many things for others, others then let you down.

Not been able to get a response yet. I'm off work next week on holiday, so hopefully Minty will get to the vet next week.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #210 on: January 15, 2015, 13:04:46 PM »

Oh Miroslav - I'm so sorry.  That's so frustrating, not to mention disappointing, that someone would let you down like that.    Poor Minty, Bless her.  Keeping my fingers crossed that you arent let down again.   :hug:

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #209 on: January 15, 2015, 12:53:25 PM »
Well, yesterday didn't happen.

I'm not allowed to drive for various reasons so rely on others at times like these and they didn't show  :sick:

Rang twice and they didn't know where they were but it was clearly noted they were due to take me and Minty to the vets.

So, possibly next week now.

Poor Minty. Got her ready, in the carrier, waited and waited....and nothing. She wasn't as upset as I thought she was going to be, thank goodness. She doesn't like the carrier and travel.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #208 on: January 14, 2015, 10:10:30 AM »
I think our last one for Millie in August last years was about £60.00 but I do get a very good discount at our vets

Good luck for you both today  :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #207 on: January 14, 2015, 06:57:45 AM »

Am not sure Miroslav, but just wanted to wish you and Minty good luck for today - hoping the fee isn't as high as you fear.   :hug:

Link to CatChat