Author Topic: Dillen needs a new sponsor SAD NEWS  (Read 2212 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Dillen needs a new sponsor SAD NEWS
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2014, 08:00:49 AM »

So sad.  She was a lovely midnight lady.   :hug: :hug: RIP Dillen

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Dillen needs a new sponsor
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 22:14:23 PM »
Apologies, been a busy couple of weeks.

Sadly, Dillen did indeed pass away on the 16th. I have copied and pasted Andrea's words from her rescue account on FB and you can write your own tributes to this rather large character there.

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/board,13.0.html

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline CuteCats

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 11:41:00 AM »
I'm sure JS will be along to update this herself soon but thought I'd better mention that Dillen has crossed Rainbow bridge  :'(

Oh no.  So sorry to hear this.  :'(

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2014, 20:37:38 PM »
I'm sure JS will be along to update this herself soon but thought I'd better mention that Dillen has crossed Rainbow bridge  :'(

Oh dear  :( RIP little lady.

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 20:19:49 PM »
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline CuteCats

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 13:19:18 PM »
Way to go, Millie!

I'll see if Andrea has a breakdown of costs for Dillen. I know that the sponsor that had to back out feels awful, and that when Dillen was taken on as a permanent foster Andrea did some sums to get the best idea she could about care for her so that £5 a week is definitely necessary.

CuteCats, she does, doesn't she? Apparently, she's less fiery than she used to be which is missed by the human household members - but probably not the dogs, who she used to boss about quite a bit. ;)

Is the Paypal ID still the same? 

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 13:53:04 PM »
Aww She looks relaxed there  :hug: :hug:  :Luv:

For anyone who doesn't know about Dillen here's a lonk to her other thread - http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37337.0.html

Love to Andrea at RACR  :hug: :hug:

Our usual disclaimer for outside appeals on Purrs :-
It is up to the individual member to donate their money to a donation or fund request and Purrs advices strongly to carry out full checks that funds would be used for the stated Purpose.
 Purrs cannot be held responsible for members private donations to a request that is not an Official Purrs fundraisier or collection.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 19:25:16 PM »
Way to go, Millie!

I'll see if Andrea has a breakdown of costs for Dillen. I know that the sponsor that had to back out feels awful, and that when Dillen was taken on as a permanent foster Andrea did some sums to get the best idea she could about care for her so that £5 a week is definitely necessary.

CuteCats, she does, doesn't she? Apparently, she's less fiery than she used to be which is missed by the human household members - but probably not the dogs, who she used to boss about quite a bit. ;)

Offline CuteCats

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 19:10:07 PM »
Awww Dillen looks lovely!  :Luv:  I remember her story well, and supported her a little.  I'll send a one-off donation when I can to top up her fund a bit.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 14:17:18 PM »
Sadly Diabetics aren't a cheap option even in rescue I know what our Millie costs but she does get normal food as she won't eat the Diabetic food, she is also on injectable metacam as and when required

Might be worth getting a breakdown of costs so folks can see because in this financial climate a breakdown would be fair to show what it costs for needles, insulin and whatever else she needs including things like litter and food

I can't put up a comparison for folks to see as mine is heavily discounted by my vets due to me having a bet with a partner that Millie would last longer than her 3 month prognosis - we are now 21 months in on that score :shocked:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Dillen needs a new sponsor SAD NEWS
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 10:48:42 AM »
I'm sure some of you will remember Dillen who got a permanent foster situation with RACR.

She's mostly doing well. Age is catching up with her and sadly, her sight is almost gone now. But she's still content and the diabetes is controlled as well as can be expected with other issues cropping up due to her age.

Sadly, one of her long term sponsors has had to stop donating due to their own finances. Dillens funding is now £5 a week short.

If anyone can assist, please post on the thread so I can let Andrea at RACR know.

Thanks for reading. :)

« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 22:14:54 PM by JackSpratt »

Link to CatChat