Author Topic: Animal Sanctuary evicted.  (Read 11756 times)

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
Re: Animal Sanctuary evicted.
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2014, 20:46:14 PM »
I live in Morpeth about 15 miles north of Newcastle, but nobody I spoke to had heard of it.

I do hope the money did go to the animals and that they were safe and sorted out, it all seemed to settle down pretty fast.
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: gizmo, gingurr, nemo, mittens and brujo. always with me, leroy w murgatroyd
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2014, 18:03:14 PM »
hi emmy-lou
i think the fundraising page was from a 'supporter' so could not be claimed by the original owner or those she was in debt too. i am fairly certain it has gone towards the care of the animals left behind.

i am at yorkshire cat rescue www.yorkshirecatrescue.org :)  near to keighley/bradford, west yorks. not very near the rainbow ark but we have a supporter who is often traveling up that way.  where you aware of the rainbow ark? i wonder whether other people in the area had any idea what was going on with them?

i have seen the westgate website - good work for helping there  ;D
:) Please text CATS22 £5 to 70070 to feed a cat for a week :)

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 22:49:59 PM »
I know one of my local cat rescues offered to help but she only them to look after them short term until she had everything sorted out.

I hadnt heard of the place before but I hope the money has gone to the animals but I would of thought it would go to pay off her debts first....

where are you SamMewl? I volunteer at Westgate ark in Newcastle?

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: gizmo, gingurr, nemo, mittens and brujo. always with me, leroy w murgatroyd
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 20:40:06 PM »
we offered to take some cats when we read the DM story but a local CP had already managed to sort them out. was initially feeling sorry for the lady owner but could see how things could have got out of control without addressing things financially (yr point KittyNic)

since then it would appear that the animals were not well cared for either  :(
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rainbow-Ark-animals/748327605185326

so in some ways it may have been for the best that she was evicted. the 30K has i believe gone along with the animals to their new rescue homes. the picture of the old dog in a bare pen in its bed that had to PTS is heartbreaking
:) Please text CATS22 £5 to 70070 to feed a cat for a week :)

Offline KittyNic

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Sam, Codex, Jacob, Munchkin & Chutney too!
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014, 17:02:51 PM »
Unfortunately, whilst the good intentions of wanting to save every animal possible is commendable, if you take too much on without the funds to cover the costs, charities and rescue centres do end up like this. :-(

It's a shame this level of fundraising couldn't have been achieved before the situation got to this stage.

Here's hoping all the animals get a rescue or home.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 16:09:08 PM »
My goodness over £30 k in two days  ;D ;D

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 14:56:19 PM »
It looks like they are just concentrating on re homing the animals but would be lovely if they got enough money to save the sanctuary. I suppose it depends on what the mortgage company say.

Great to see so many people donating.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 13:07:24 PM »
I agree, its a shame it has come to this, although the fundraising is going well I assume the home cannot be saved?

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 09:16:04 AM »
I heard about this yesterday, and its such a shame people didn't know about this before it happened... Its not far from me, but I hadn't been aware of it until now.

I just hope they find homes (albeit temporary) for all the animals, I know a lot of people are volunteering to foster and assist with transport, but they have all sorts of animals there  :'(

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 09:15:33 AM »
how awful  :'(

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
Animal Sanctuary evicted.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 20:27:18 PM »
I'm not sure if this is the right section but thought people would be interested in this story.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2548723/Distraught-animal-sanctuary-owner-collapses-mud-bailiffs-arrive-evict-following-legal-battle.html

It's very sad but looks like the Gofundme page is doing really well. I've donated if you would like to here is the page http://www.gofundme.com/6ju9ow

Link to CatChat