Author Topic: Hi im new to purrs. Nemo my kitten ill  (Read 3553 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Hi im new to purrs. Nemo my kitten ill
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2012, 13:45:34 PM »

That's such good news Tasia - sorry if I missed your earlier post.  Hopefully the little feller's turned a corner now and will make up lost ground in terms of gaining weight.    ;D

Offline Tasia

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Tipsy and Nemo
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2012, 13:35:59 PM »

How did you get on yesterday Tasia?   :hug: Good point about worms Heather.
Hi there, I did put up a post yesterday about little Nemo..Its all good news. He has put weight on and the vet was very happy with him and even gave him first injection bless..I have to keep an eye on his weight and make sure he keeps putting it on as he is still underweight for a kitten of 12 weeks. The vet also listened to heart and lungs and said they seemed all good and that he is getting on really well. He had a bad start to his little life but im going to make sure i build him up to a big strong lad like Tipsy. He has to go back to vet in two weeks for his second injection. Last night I felt such a relief it was a dreadful worry but onwards and upwards hey..Thankyou all for you concern and help..He was wormed the first day at the vet and than a few days later when his stomach started to blow up and he had blood in his stools so I knew that wasnt the problem for him. Than gagging and coughing started after every meal he ate...its all been a nightmare but im so happy to say I can put all that behind us now...Tasia xxx

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 09:34:02 AM »

How did you get on yesterday Tasia?   :hug: Good point about worms Heather.

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Simon & Tom (Tabby, Silvie and Moses RIP)
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2012, 09:24:30 AM »
Has Nemo been wormed? A lot of kittens are born with worms, and that can give them diarrohea and lose weight & condition? :(  Hope he is feeling better soon.

Offline Tasia

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 08:20:04 AM »

Hello Tasia

Welcome to Paws, to you, Nemo and Tipsy.

What a worrying time for you.   :hug:  It's amazing how quickly we get attached to our feline companions.  Am keeping everything crossed that the vet will be able to find out what's causing Nemo's problems, and that given time, they can be happily resolved.
Thankyou so much..Yes it is very worrying as already we love him dearly and although he has only been part of our family a little while I cant imagine life without our little Nemo...Im so anxious about the vet tomorrow I actually feel sick in my stomach. Thankyou again for your welcome and kind words. Tasia x

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 07:32:36 AM »

Hello Tasia

Welcome to Paws, to you, Nemo and Tipsy.

What a worrying time for you.   :hug:  It's amazing how quickly we get attached to our feline companions.  Am keeping everything crossed that the vet will be able to find out what's causing Nemo's problems, and that given time, they can be happily resolved.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 21:34:54 PM »
You are welcome and lets us know how Nemo gets on and what the vet says on Thursday  :hug:

Offline Tasia

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 19:57:10 PM »
Thread on the move and will also add a bit to the title for you  :hug: :hug:

Sounds like it will be better for the jabs to wait a bit till Nemo is totally well and putting on weight . love his name  ;D
Thanks so much for your help. x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 19:43:19 PM »
Thread on the move and will also add a bit to the title for you  :hug: :hug:

Sounds like it will be better for the jabs to wait a bit till Nemo is totally well and putting on weight . love his name  ;D

Offline Tasia

• Adult Cat
Re: Hi im new to purrs.
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 19:32:27 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: :welcome:

Sorry your kitten is so poorly. How old is he please? You will get more help in the Health and Behaviour section of Purrs as more people with experience read there.

Do let us know how he gets on at the vet on Thursday, but I would leave his diet alone until he has stabilised, you might make his tummy worse.
I will let you know how things go Thurday with Nemo..Thanks again x

Offline Tasia

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 19:29:15 PM »
Thankyou guys so much for your kind replys.

My kitten is called Nemo he is ginger and white and very tiny but also such a loving little boy. I will do as you say and leave his diet alone and see what the vet says again on Thursday. Me and my teenage children are all so worried about him I hope that he has put a wee bit of weight on since last week and the vet will do his injections and he will grow up big and strong like my other cat Tipsy. Could you please send this post to the health section for me Id really appreciate it...thanks so much. By the way Nemo is 12 weeks old today..(thats what the people told us anyway although both vets dont believe it and feel he is younger)...Thankyou all again. Tasia xx

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 18:49:59 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: :welcome:

Sorry your kitten is so poorly. How old is he please? You will get more help in the Health and Behaviour section of Purrs as more people with experience read there.

Do let us know how he gets on at the vet on Thursday, but I would leave his diet alone until he has stabilised, you might make his tummy worse.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 18:03:06 PM »
hi and welcome - I would stick with hills until you see the vet again, one of mine had a bad tummy as a kitten and needed prescription food for a few months to settle it down

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 18:00:58 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Sorry that your kitten is not well and to get the benefit of all the knowledgeable people you really need to either have this post moved to the health secyion or for you to repost there.

Let me know if you want it moved and I will move it.

My kitten was 10 months old at the time had terrible upset tummy from his food for ages and he ended up on one ogf the hills special foods too but also on a probiotic capsule, so its good your kitten didnt get this bad.

How old is the kitten and what is his name?

Offline Tasia

• Adult Cat
Hi im new to purrs. Nemo my kitten ill
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 17:50:58 PM »
Hi there,
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Tasia. I have two cats Ive just got a new kitten but he has been very poorly. We have only had him 3 weeks and he has been down the vet nearly every week. First of all he got diareah, that went away after a few days. Than I found blood in his poo..so another vet appt was needed. He now has been put on hills id for tummy problems and the blood has gone and the diareah thankgod.. The only trouble is the vet is worried about his weight. He is a tiny little boy I think he was the runt of the litter. I have to weigh him everyday now to make sure he is putting weight on and not loosing as the vet said if he doesnt put any weight on he wont be able to have his injections and may need blood tests to see whats going on..We love him so much and it is such a worry emotionally and financially for us although we now have got him insured. I have another vet appointment on Thursday so am hoping he has put weight on and all is ok...Im thinking of giving him something else to eat apart from the hills as he has been on this now for over two weeks and must be getting bored but I dont know what to give him without maybe upsetting the little guys tummy again...have you any ideas...many thanks Tasia.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 19:44:40 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Link to CatChat