Author Topic: Possible Vidalta side-effects?  (Read 53331 times)

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
Re: Possible Vidalta side-effects?
« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2013, 18:18:20 PM »
so far so good then - do ask for a copy of the blood test results, which you are of course paying for  - it will help you to get informed advice from other forum members, and off the internet
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
« Reply #99 on: October 15, 2013, 17:35:45 PM »
 :hug:
Very pleased for you both.
You'll learn the longer you are on here that there are some very wise and experienced members and so one of them will always be able to point you in the right direction.

Offline ellarose

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Dot Dot
« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2013, 16:56:29 PM »
Hello Jenny and Kay.
Thanks for the info Kay. I am taking all this down and absorbing!
Went well at the vets. Didn't know vets could be so young...she must have started to qualify when she was about 12!
To cut a very long story short we are waiting for result of blood test to see what is going on. Dot had put on .24 kilos which I think is 8.5 ozs and very good for a cat who only weighs 2.6 kilos. I asked if I could change to Felimazole, which vet had not heard of. She went to ask someone and then told me yes we could change as Dot's side effects were so bad. All in all it was a good consultation...I think the vet now knows more about hyperthyroidism in cats than she did before I went in! Thanks to everyone on here who helped me to get it right for Dot.
Now it's just wait and see what the blood test tells us.
 :thanks: ellarose

Offline jensuz

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Flossie
« Reply #97 on: October 15, 2013, 11:16:42 AM »
Hi Ellarose, Shall be thinking of you and Dot Dot for the appointment this afternoon.  I too have found the support on this site amazing, only recently joined myself, and continue to feel whatever happens I will cope as I can post and chat here. :Luv: Flossie and Jenny x

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #96 on: October 15, 2013, 10:50:32 AM »
hi, Ellarose - welcome to the merry-go-round called feline Hyperthyroidism

I can clear up this one for you - 'I have heard mentioned Felimazole,Methimazole and Transdermal gel. Can anyone help me regarding these please?'

Methimazole is the name given to Felimazole in the US -  it is basically the same drug given to humans, and has been licensed later than Vidalta, which is why some vets seem unfamiliar with it - the Transdermal gel is a way of applying the Felimazole/Methimazole by rubbing it into the ear, and is widely used in the US for cats whose stomachs find it difficult to cope with the drug internally - it is not as yet available in the UK though

the secret for all cats with HT to start low and increase the dosage only if the levels do not come down sufficiently over time - Felimazole can be cut but as it is a humangrade drug should be handled with care
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Anjie

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Smokey, Blue & Belle
« Reply #95 on: October 15, 2013, 10:04:47 AM »
Hi Ellarose,

I found this site doing research about Vidalta when my Smokey was prescribed it. She was 18 and went down hill fast after taking it. So when Blue (Smokeys daughter) was recently diagnosed there was no way I was giving her it, so the vet gave me Felimazol and for 2 weeks she has been fine, she has stopped contstantly screaming for food and put quite a bit of weight on. Now this weekend she has been vomiting and is now off of her food bless her. I was told you cannot crush either of the tablets so I have been hiding them in bits of Webbox or chicken. I'm calling to vet today to make an appointment to have her checked out again. Like Dot Dot, Blue is a tiny cat and always has been so any weight loss is major to her. Please keep us informed on how Dot Dot goes on.
hugs
Anjie
x

Offline Stezzle

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Licky, Fudge, Sugar, Candy (RIP Miss C)
« Reply #94 on: October 15, 2013, 10:00:15 AM »
Also if you have catss from same litter they will more than likely be HT if one is. We had two frok a litter and they both had HT at later year. Its in the genes. X

Offline ellarose

• Kitten
« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2013, 08:32:55 AM »
Such a lot of help on here I feel quite emotional! Feels just how it was when I found "Health Unlocked" for my own thyroid problems after which I went from strength to strength and hope Dot does the same.
Dot's problem is that the dose is obviously too much for her so this morning I crushed tablet and will give it to her over the course of the day. It's a slow release pill so suppose that's what it would do normally...only a bit more efficiently! She looks fine so not going to be ill all day again thank goodness. Will certainly ask for different medication and if the vet won't help then Dot and I will be off to find someone who will supply it. Did it for myself and will certainly do it for her !
I'm making lists of all advice given and will be ready for the vet this afternoon at 3.15.

" The best doctor in the world is a veterinarian. He can't ask his patients what is the matter -- he's got to just know. ~ Will Rogers "

Hmmmmm...we shall see!!

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2013, 07:28:50 AM »
I am crushing Clio ferals 15mg Vitalda tablet and have done so for the last 6 months as she has no teeth and I value my hands and other body parts she may be 15 but can revert when she want to I also have her on Complivet and Flumax supplements from the vet twice a day in her other liquidised meals and lots of cat milk and she is stable at 3.75kgs and has just had her annual booster with no ill effects

Max takes his tablets in marks and Spencers fish human pates
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2013, 07:09:25 AM »
 :welcome: to you both. I found Purrs in similar circumstances too so do understand.
Ellarose you can ask for alternative treatments. Vidalta seems to be a preferred option as it is a once a day dose but I think the levels are too high. As you'll know from your own situation there is no one size fits all (I'm hypo too and take cytomel) and the medical profession seem badly informed on the subject.
That said you can't leave a cat hyper for too long.
Kay, Liz and Tiggys Mum have more experience on this than me so hopefully they will pop by soon but if you want to change to Femilmazole then there is no reason why you can't. Unlike Vidalta it can be crushed and you need to give it more than once a day but this allows for a gradual build up of medication.
Good luck.

Offline ellarose

• Kitten
« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2013, 23:18:05 PM »
Hi Jensuz. Thanks for the reply. I will wait until tomorrow and the result of her blood test. I'm only going to give her half a tablet in the morning and see what she's like on that. I'll ask my vet re the other medication and if she can't help me then Dot and I will change vets. I changed doctors to get decent treatment for me so will happily do the same for her.
I'm so pleased to be able to talk to other people who understand the problem. Thank you very much for getting back to me so quickly.
ellarose. :thanks:

Offline jensuz

• Kitten
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2013, 23:01:08 PM »
 :welcome:

Hi ellarose, My cat, Flossie, aged 13 is now not taking any medication presently following a few days of taking Vidalta during which she became very dehydrated, had more frequent need to pass stools and rapid breathing (definitely increased symptoms during taking Vidalta than before).  From posts on this site, I believe that Felimazole is available here in the UK and am looking to change vets soon and seek their advice regarding Felimazole as I cannot find common ground with present vet.  However, it has been interesting to monitor closely Flossie's health since stopping the Vidalta.  Presently she is calm, less frequent toileting and good appetite and thirst levels now normal.  Flossie is also a tiny cat, like Dot Dot.  Just thought I'd share my experiences so far and happy to give any advice, if you have specific questions.  Very best wishes sent to you and Dot Dot.   

Offline ellarose

• Kitten
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2013, 22:47:42 PM »
Hello! I'm new and am trying to absorb all the different advice on here regarding Vidalta.
My 19 year old cat, Dot Dot, has been put on 10 mgms of Vidalta. No instructions other than "one a day...come back in three weeks."
There was no way I could get a pill down my cat in one go, it had to be crushed which my vet decided was "better than nothing". I asked if there was a different medication.."NO". Having been this route before for many years with my own problem "hypothyroidism" where doctors are just about as dumb as vets....no...dumber! regarding thyroid, I realised I was in for some reading and "site searching", which is why I am here   :)
From you I have gathered that; yes,there are rather nasty side effects with Vidalta, that it would probably be better for me to give Dot half in morning and half in evening rather than one dose. She is very knocked out by the medication. Wobbly on her legs, constantly itching,looks very sick and just wants to zonk out really. Not a happy cat at all and I speak fluent "feline" after over 50 years of cat love and communication.
I have heard mentioned Felimazole,Methimazole and Transdermal gel. Can anyone help me regarding these please? Would any of them be obtainable in the UK and is there a chance they would not be so vicious for my poor old Dot? She's very tiny but she does eat and drink quite well.
I really can't see that her life is worth living feeling so obviously ill ( I know how it feels when levothyroxine goes wrong)
I am  going to the vet tomorrow with her for her first blood test, after 3 weeks, and, as suggested on here, I will ask for the blood test results.
If anyone can help me on this journey with their experiences I would be extremely grateful. I know 19 is a very good age for any cat and I don't expect wonders but I can't bear to see her suffering because I am dosing her with this ghastly medication.  Am I being cruel?Perhaps it's better for nature to take it's course?

Offline Stezzle

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Licky, Fudge, Sugar, Candy (RIP Miss C)
« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2013, 21:05:56 PM »
My Licky is finally stable at 1x15mg a day which i give him at night as it makes him a bit sleepy so he sleeps through the night and awake all day. He also gets a 2.5mg of heart tablet at night as he has a mild heart condition from the HyperT which is monitored. I suggest with Vidalta that all owners are aware that it can cause strokes etc so make sure your vet is checking blood pressure and heart rate. :)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2013, 19:15:25 PM »
The dosage can time in Vitalda mine are now stable Clio on 1 x 15mg tablet and Max on 20 mg - 2 x 10mg tablets

Offline jensuz

• Kitten
« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2013, 12:14:51 PM »
Hi Anjie,  Really appreciate your sharing of your situation with the Vidalta.  Flossie was prescribed a 15 mg tablet once a day, way too higher a dose now I think upon researching.  Going to get the blood test results then try another vet.  Sometimes the relationship just doesn't gel right with a vet so going with instinct in respect of  how they've handled Flossie so far. Always great to hear when a vet is supportive. Shall keep you posted.   :Luv: Flossie and Jenny and hugs also to Blue, Belle and Bonnie

Offline Anjie

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Smokey, Blue & Belle
« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2013, 11:50:50 AM »
Hello everyone, how spooky there is a comment on this post this week. I came back from my holiday last Saturday to find Smokey's daughter Blue in a bit of a state with a nasty eye infection and her eye full of blood so I rushed her to the vets as soon as I had put down my suitcase. I was told that Blue had suffered a haemorrhage that could have been caused by a tumor behind the eye, and also to be told he thought she had HyperT. I just broke down, I was in such a state. I did manage to tell the vet about my concerns over Vidalta and no way was Blue having them. Anyway, she was prescribed some drops to clear the eye infection and we had to go back 3 days later. So on the Tuesday I saw another vet, one that had treated Smokey, and because there was improvement in her eye she wasn't to concerned about that or the tumor, but was about HyperT. She spoke to me in depth about the condition knowing my concerns and said they would all be fine if I decided not to treat Blue (who btw is 17). I decided to have the blood test done and waited 24 hours for the results.
The vet rang when the results came back and it was confirmed Blue has HyperT, again we spoke on the phone at length, then I decided to go see her face to face. Everything else was fine with the bloods, no kidney probs, no cancer showing up etc. She said to me they usually prescribe Vidalta as it is just a one a day pill, and spoke about an op, radiation treatment etc. I didn't want to go for the op because of the risk at her age, I decided against the radiation treatment because of the isolation, Blue is a lap cat who like lots of love and affection and would suffer on her own, and the vet agreed with that, she said it would be too stressful for her. That left me with non treatment or tablets, and of course I want my fur baby to get better so asked for her to be treated with Felimazole. The vet said that was the best option and decided on a dose of 2.5mg twice a day. She said if I had any concerns whatsoever that I was just to take Blue to the surgery and any vet would see me straight away as they were all as concerned about my welfare as well as Blue’s, how sweet is that! So on Thursday morning I tried to give her a pill and she was having non of it! Smokey was such a star about taking pills but Blue no way! So I got a small piece of bread and rolled it around the pill then put some butter on it and she wolfed it right down. So that is how I have been giving her them. We have to go back in 3 weeks or so for her levels to be checked so fingers crossed they improve.
Jenny, if you voice your concerns to your vet I’m sure they will be understanding and let you try the Felimazole. Please let me know how you get on.
Hugs from Anjie, Blue, Belle and my new fur baby Bonnie.

Offline jensuz

• Kitten
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2013, 20:30:29 PM »
Thanks a lot Liz.  Life sounds interesting with the ferals.  I lived in the countryside when young and we always had 'extra' cats as well as the indoor ones to feed, had 13 altogether at most I recall!  Shall try the pate when Flossie next has tablets.   :Luv: Flossie and Jenny

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2013, 18:45:28 PM »
I use M & S Fish pate for Max's tablets and after trying everything and then some this works and he now sits on the kitchen table waiting for his tablets

When I say I have tried most things I live with a band of very untrustworthy ferals and worming them is on a spreadsheet with who had what and what worked and what failed :shocked:

Offline jensuz

• Kitten
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2013, 16:45:10 PM »
Louise,
Thank you and shall post again as soon as any more updates.  Great to be able to share concerns.
  :Luv: Flossie and Jenny

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2013, 16:39:50 PM »
Jenny
Webbox paste is also a big hit with the girls for tablet taking.
Good luck and let us know how you get on
 :hug:

Offline jensuz

• Kitten
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2013, 16:31:30 PM »
Louise, Kay and Liz, Thank you all so much for your advice and support. 

Liz: Can any kitten food be used or is there a particular one which is good?
Kay: Webbox now ordered for next time try tablets.  I haven't got the blood test results yet but will request them before seeking a second opinion and will let you know the results so far as soon as have these. 

Will now progress with the advice from you all and update when sought 2nd opinion. 

:Luv: Flossie and Jenny  :thanks:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2013, 15:39:52 PM »
I built my 2 back up using kitten food higher in calories

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2013, 14:49:44 PM »
it was my Trigger, Louise - I took him to a centre in Wootten-under-Bassett, which was cheaper than Bristol, and the same distance to travel - their isolation period was 14 days, plus two days of tests - it is the hospital stay which bumps up the bill - it cost me £1500, and that was a year ago

because HyperT can give some support to dodgy kidneys, the centres have to be satisfied there is no other underlying disease, so the kidney levels have to be monitored for around 6 weeks while the cat has either Vidalta or Felimazole - if you can find a better vet, Jen, the necessary blood tests should be carried out, and her overall health carefully assessed, whilst bringing down her HT - do you know what the level was?

do make sure you are copied with all blood test results, as it will enable you to use the internet to carry out your own research

my Trigger was fine during his 6 weeks on Felimazole, had no effects from his 14 days of enforced isolation, put up with two 3 hour journeys to get to Wootten and back, and actually came home a little heavier than he went - so all in all it was well worth it for him and me - he was 11 at the time so had a good few years ahead of him, which does make a difference when weighing up the options
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2013, 14:22:29 PM »
The HT makes her lose weight as it speeds up her metabolism.
It will be issues such as kidney problems which would prevent her having the treatment.
It would also mean she is in isolation for a few weeks.
There is someone on here whose car has been successfully treated but I can't remember who. Kay, do you know??

I would have had my Chelsea treated last year in a heartbeat but sadly at 18 she had other complications which meant it wasn't possible.

Offline jensuz

• Kitten
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2013, 14:18:58 PM »
Thanks a lot for the information, Louise.  Flossie is very small (2.2 kg) and has lost weight since having HT. Don't know if this would affect her ability to be considered for radiation treatment?

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2013, 13:50:37 PM »
I think it costs a bit more than that - I'm
not 100% but I think it's in the region of £2000. Basically she would get a dose of radiation which destroys the thyroid and if it is successful that is that. No more tablets or blood tests. The bill mounts up as she would have to be in isolation in hospital for a while whilst her radiation levels drop.
It is non intrusive and is used in the States all the time
Here only certain veterinary hospitals can do it (the Royal Veterinary College in Herts does it) as it is classed as experimental but it's also a treat that is used for humans with Graves' disease.

At Flossies age I would definitely look into it. 

Offline jensuz

• Kitten
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2013, 13:43:56 PM »
Flossie is just 13 and yes she is insured to £1000.  Couldn't increase the cover now as pre-existing before seeking to increase.  Is radiation treatment expensive?  :Luv: Flossie and Jenny 

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2013, 13:34:33 PM »
Definitely seek a second opinion.
How old is Flossie and is she insured?
The radiation treatment could be an option.

:hug: and  :welcome:

Offline jensuz

• Kitten
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2013, 13:33:44 PM »
Thanks, Kay and much appreciate the suggestion re. how to take tablet.  Hadn't heard of Webbox, sure from the reviews Flossie will love the sticks! Will keep you posted with progress with new vet. Flossie seems more comfortable already for not taking the Vidalta.  Has Trigger's HT settled with the Felimazole? Hope so..   

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2013, 13:21:38 PM »
2.5mg twice a day is the advised starting dose of Felimazole, though many vets prescribe double that

I got 6 weeks worth of it down the throat of my Trigger by hiding the tablets in pieces of Webbox - I made sure it was not in the first or last pieces of the stick, so he didn't notice one of the bits was a bit harder than the others :sneaky:
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline jensuz

• Kitten
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2013, 12:41:46 PM »
Hi Liz, Much appreciate your sharing of your situation with Vidalta and glad it's working for your two.  Also thanks a lot for advice re. diabetes, don't think this has been checked and will make sure before moving to another vet.  Think I've lost faith in present vet as too quick to suggest pts so will move on and start afresh with new one to explore options. Best wishes Flossie and Jenny

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2013, 12:34:07 PM »
I have to Hyperthyroids and both on Vitalda my 15yo feral who has no teeth and drinks her food has her 15mg tablet crushed in her tea not ideal but one needed skin to heal between pillpopping so we went down this road and it works for her my other boy is on 20mg a day and had his thyroids removed but takes his tablets only in M & S pate we tried Felimizole and didn't work for ours and neither could have the radiation treatment as they would not cope being out of the  home environment

It can take a bit of time to work but speak to your vet and go armed with research mine listened and we follow what works for our 2

If drinking huge amounts would also check for diabetes as symptoms can be similar in the beginning - I am on my third diabetic so now we know the signs
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 12:35:25 PM by Liz »

Offline jensuz

• Kitten
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2013, 12:33:14 PM »
Hi Kay, Thanks a lot for your reply. Vet hasn't suggested Felimazole and I will now look for another vet and will raise Felimazole as a suggestion, if not raised by vet.  Do you have any idea as to the dosage usually started at with Felimazole.  :thanks: and best wishes

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2013, 11:26:42 AM »
has your vet not mentioned trying her on Felimazole? it has to be given twice a day, but the pills are very small, and easily disguised

I'm afraid some vets in the UK are behind the times when it comes to HyperT - in the US, where there is far more understanding of it generally, Felimazole is always the first drug of choice

the symptoms you describe, though, are classic for HT rather than the treatment of it, and I suspect it isn't the Vidalta causing them - for your vet to be ready to throw in the towel already is ridiculous - HT is not at all uncommon, and is certainly not a reason for a cat to be pts

I suggest you take her to another vet, and ask to try Felimazole - initially on a low dose, as too often too high a dose is given and causes side effects - starting low and increasing later is the way to go
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline jensuz

• Kitten
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2013, 10:48:37 AM »
Hi, I am new to the forum and found purrsinourhearts through an internet search for vidalta.  Great the site is here!  Flossie, who is 2.2 kg now in weight, was prescribed 15 mg daily dose of Vidalta this Monday.  Although she only had three doses given, her heart started to race faster, she began to drink much more, had very frequent need to pass stools and had projectile vomiting (which she has never had).  I have now temporarily stopped the tablets whilst working out the best way forward.  The vet when told of her symptoms since taking the medication didn't suggest any amendment to dose (which I have read should be the case with the drinking more symptom when taking Vidalta).  He did however say we would need to consider having her put down if the tablets couldn't be taken.  We have already explored the Hills low iodine diet and this also produced the side effect of need to pass very frequent stools.  It was very difficult to administer the tablets to Flossie in any case as she is a very independent cat.  Any comments would be very much appreciated.  Hi to everyone on this Forum from Flossie and Jenny!   

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2013, 09:45:46 AM »
just about the only justification for trying the Hills low iodine diet is adverse reaction to medication, but only after Felimazole had been tried as well

I really do feel a low dose of Felimazole is the way forward at the moment

incidentally, I joined the Yahoo group after Trigger had been diagnosed but before any medication had been started, and the information I got from there was so useful when seeing the vet - all blood results are emailed to me now as a matter of routine
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2013, 09:34:03 AM »
This is adverse reactions part of data sheet for Vidalta.  NOAH's compendium is an excellent source of info for animal drugs.

Not sure whether this will just confuse matters but you need to be aware this is not a straightforward condition and whether or not to completely discontinue treatment will depend on the degree of the adverse reaction.  A qualified vet and your concerned and enquiring mind is best combination to make the decision.  In the absence of more information on blood results and the fact that Opal seems to be improving, my inclination would be to discontinue treatment as advised by your vet to give the drug time to exit Opal's system. 

http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/MSD_Animal_Health/Vidalta_10_mg__ACY-amp_ADs-_15_mg_prolonged-release_tablets_for_cats/-58685.html

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2013, 07:06:57 AM »
What I'm saying Allison  :hug: is that I really don't like the sound of her being on the off then back on meds again as she'll swing between hyper and hypo. Both can make you feel pretty grotty and it just doesn't seem right.
If you think of hyper as everything working too fast, almost like a spinning top and you always feel hot, you are given meds to slow this down, too much would make that top stop spinning too abruptly and go out of control and your temperature would plunge so meds should, in my opinion, be carefully controlled so that the body gradually slows everything down and there is less of a shock to the system. If it slows too slowly so as to have no effect then you add a bit more in until things work just right and vice versa if you need to speed things up a little.
By stopping and starting the medication poor Opal won't know if she coming or going.
Age, weight, severity of symptom, ability of the body to process the meds are different for all of us and as its a life long condition it's not like taking antibiotics where a short sharp shock is needed.
I've got some links somewhere to thyroid sites for humans. As soon as I get to work I'll dig them out and will PM you as whilst the physiology is clearly different the symptoms are pretty much the same so it will help with a general overview of the condition as a whole.
 :hug: :hug:

Offline AlliBalli

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Two bossy Siamese, Pixie-Tot & Chico & one perfect angel puss called Opal
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2013, 01:00:16 AM »
Thanks Gill

I am going to ring them sometime tomorrow, and hopefully get an appointment for Saturday. And yes you are right I have paid for the right to see the test results...So far nearly £700 worth of the right too!!!

At the moment I am just searching the net for details of the T4 test, so I understand it in a bit more detail...

Just gave Opal a little brush, and now she in her comfy bed

Bye for now and thanks for your help and advice..I really appreciate it xxx

Link to CatChat