Author Topic: Need help repatriating neighbours cat  (Read 1885 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Need help repatriating neighbours cat
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 08:10:49 AM »
I wonder if they should keep him in for a bit as well, hopefully break the habit

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 20:13:46 PM »
Does he get on ok with the other cat that lives with your neighbours? The reason I ask is that a few years ago I had two cats who hated each other and one of them moved in with my neighbours. I was actually quite pleased as it wasn't a very relaxed home, the only problem was I still fed her and took her to the vets etc. They got all the nice bits. They were also retired and at home all day so she got lots of attention.

That's the problem with cats they don't really have owners.  ;D

Maybe it would be a good idea for your neighbours to try to keep him in for a while, it shouldn't be too difficult in this weather and he'll get used to the fact that that's where he lives. Maybe they need to give him some extra attention and treats etc. You've obviously looked after him too well.   

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 18:09:34 PM »
Hiya Shivers welcome to Purrs  :)

What a dilemma  :doh:
Sorry, I haven't really any advice to give you, but this is quite a busy Forum and I'm sure somebody will come along shortly with some constructive Idea's How to get The Furkid Back to His Original Slaves  ;)
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Shivers

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Zaphy
Need help repatriating neighbours cat
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 17:32:28 PM »
Hoping someone can give me some advice.  We ended up looking after our next door neighbours cats for a few months while they were having some building work done.  They are now home and one of their cats went home with no problems, the other one, however, will not go home.  He runs away from them when they go to him and when they get him inside he sits at their back door yowling until they let him out, then he comes straight back to our house.  He has taken to following me around, jumps on me whenever I sit down, and generally seems besotted with me.  He's a lovely cat, and (apart from the fact that there's occasionally some friction between him and our cat, who would really like his house and owners to himself again) he's quite welcome in our house.  But we would like to see him go home if possible, the neighbours are really nice and we really don't want to steal their cat (we'd be heartbroken if it was ours), so if anyone has any suggestions to get him back with his owners who miss him, it would be greatly appreciated.  We tried banning him from the house, while they were trying to coax him in, but all that happened was that he spent a couple of days outside, cold and wet, crying at our back door, so now he's moved back in.

Thanks.

Link to CatChat