Author Topic: GIZMO'S LIVER RESULTS  (Read 1955 times)

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
Re: GIZMO'S LIVER RESULTS
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 15:21:59 PM »
Hi; I'm so pleased Gizmo's doing better.  I haven't followed the whole thread, but if it's liver disease, I've been really impressed by Zentonil (SAMe) in Swampy's liver recovery. You may want to ask your vet (if you're not using it already) if it may help?

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 08:28:35 AM »
i am glad it is an infection and something curable, fingers crossed his recovery isn't too long for you both.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 23:45:09 PM »
Way to go Gizmo, hope that his recovery is not too slow but sure  ;D

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 22:00:55 PM »
Thats really good news!  :hug:
Now you get a good nights sleep, you deserve it  ;D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 22:00:23 PM »
Woo Hooo what great news .... I hope I'm not going to tempt fate but maybe things are finally starting to look up again for you smudge ... bout bl :censored:dy time I hear you cry  ;)

Big hugs to you,  Gizmo and the rest of the family :)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 21:50:15 PM »
Hooray! Good news for Gizmo. Give him a cuddle from us and hope he makes a full recovery soon  :hug:

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
GIZMO'S LIVER RESULTS
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 21:45:42 PM »
Well just thought I would update you regarding the little prince.

He has been an absolute star being in the dog cage and then he gets in bed with me once the others have settled and the DOORS closed.

The vet rang this evening..... it appears although he has a liver infection it is cureable with medcation on top of his antibiotics for his crystals  :wow: :wow: they said he is still very, very poorly and it Will be a fair while before he is recovered but he will be OK..I'm so, so happy

I couldn't speak in the end for crying (they must have thought me mad) he does still look very unwell as his third eye is 3 quarters over but his coat is much much better today its been a really hard few days as he was refusing to eat the prescription food and I had to make him eat some because of his antibiotics..........fortunately (and I dint mean it nastily) he was to weak to put up much of a fight  :'(  :hug:

Daisy is 100% now and back to being a loony kitty and Elle is nearly there, her stitches will take longer to heal but she was happy today chasing and eating flies . I have found the past few days so draining as the thought of losing Giz was unbearable.......... I went over to see my girls today (horses) they were so excited to see me they wouldn't stop galloping and bucking and eventually all came to the fence too SEE mummy and get their treats..........I told them I had to stay indoors to care for Gizzy and I'm sure they understood or maybe they just were pleased to have treats lol

Anyway thankyou all for all your kindness, good wishes and PM's your all so very, very kind

XXXXXXXXXXX
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 21:46:28 PM by smudgepickles »

Link to CatChat