Author Topic: Introducing little mo- (pics may upset)  (Read 35208 times)

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
Re: Introducing little mo- (pics may upset)
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2011, 14:33:32 PM »
thxs sue, shes wolfing down food and cat milk today  :rofl: its good as shes not making the funny choky noises she was doing , the vet did say that although her mouth was still poorly that her tongue was now clear, i have been reading about renal diets etc , it does sound optimistic that she could do ok for years if treated right. im hopefull that because she is showing a good improvement that it is making her chances of survival stronger :shy:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2011, 13:44:11 PM »
Well, we've all got our fingers crossed that whatever it is that "isn't right" can be put right, and that she'll be restored to the beautiful cat it's clear she was once.    :hug: :hug: You're wise to be cautious, but hopefully we can be a tad optimistic too.   :hug:

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2011, 13:36:14 PM »
oh no Gill  shes still ok eating and that, its just longterm i worry about, its all the "what ifs" i wont know for sure till she has all the tests , her fur is looking good though already , i just dont want to be living with blinkers on, the vet said something isnt right with mo..but dont know yet what it could be :-:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #87 on: November 18, 2011, 12:55:42 PM »
Has she gone downhill then?

• Hero Cat
« Reply #86 on: November 18, 2011, 12:54:03 PM »
thxs ali, unsure how Mo is going to progress but have to keep up hope :shy:
Gill, the lady who i got Mo from said the previous owner was a famous cricket player, she told me his name but with the whole amount of storys she told me tbh i didnt pay much attention :innocent:

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2011, 12:45:32 PM »
I've only just caught up with this. It's just heart breaking. The poor little thing. Please send her lots of strokes from me.

:Luv:

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2011, 01:54:49 AM »
No I dont think she was an illegal litter but Jazzycat was an import and I think her lineage is too good, he was a champion cat. Also the name Portia appears in current cats of this breeder.

Never know it took a few days or more for Lupins breeder to get back to me.

Ahhhhhh she was given a convenia jab if it lasts for two weeks so hopefully she is still improving  ;D

I hope that Georgia gets some help tomorrow and amazing how one cat can have effect on others where food is concerned  :innocent:

I never seem Lupin rush to his dish so fast when he saw Ducha hovering  :rofl: :rofl:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2011, 23:24:01 PM »
the vet said the abs last for two weeks so still working on her (it was an injection), yes Mos birth name was Topham....no registration number on sheet though....i wonder if they are an illegal litter perhaps? im thinking if its like the Kennel club rules then cats the mom can only be bred from so many times? if that is the case then they may have sold kittens showing the pedigree linage but they would not be registered? thats all i can think may have happened?
i did another breeder,that had one of the cats on the paper..the wbsite was a bit vague and so was facebook group, they seem to have a german link so maybe the breeder is german?, i will look more into it this week...it seems my only time spare is after 10pm when kids are asleep :innocent:
gave mo some people time today ,she seems confident in herself i will give her that, and if i call her she comes straight away...not like georgia and miyagi whom i have to trace down under beds and window sills till they disdainfully stroll by with noses in the air :rofl:
aww poor Georgia kitty is still limping, will be glad when i get her to vets tommorrow (shes now been stuffed full of ham instead of mo getting it all :innocent:)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2011, 23:01:31 PM »
Poor you, too much going on  :hug: :hug:

Is Mo still on abs for her mouth?

Pleased she is eating well.

I havent heard from the breeder I emailed..........sigh

• Hero Cat
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2011, 17:05:36 PM »
not much to update about Mo, shes eating and drinking and loves ham (luckily a shop sells nice off cuts near me for a £1), her mouth still stinks ,it doesnt help that she aways seems to get a clump of furr stuck on her teeth :innocent:
unfortunately Georgia our black and white girl has hurt her paw so is due at vets tommorrow, nightmare as would have taken her today but had a hospital apointment and couldnt cancel as cancelled the last one (they put down for a hip transplant in jan...oddly the whole thought of it made me feel really sick :Crazy: :-[) anyway back to Georgia and her poorly paw...havent a clue what shes done and she growls if i touch it so hard to check myself, it doesnt seem broken but she really cant put pressure on it so shes off her food and nursing herself.....Miyagi has now affected a limp as well :Crazy: ive checked his pads and one toe seems a bit less flexible than the others but apart from that seems fine, i trimmed his nails as he hasnt been outside for a few weeks now..apart from that i am sure miyagi is mimicking Georgia as he is now gone off his food, and slept on my bed last night and all today, he seems happy enough when i stroke him but still acting odd :-:
on top of that a lady i sold a lovebird baby to two years ago is pregnant so contacted me about rehoming her, so we now have one of our babys home and also her mate who is a feather plucker called gismo..like little Mo (original name gismo).
through on top of that son with the tourettes /possible mass behind eys mri referral :(, the kids got cough/sick flu thing me still coughing ...is all going a bit mad over here at the minute :shy:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2011, 06:58:41 AM »
Well, that's brilliant news about Mo's weight gain.    ;D

More worrying regarding the testing, but if you keep her isolated in the interim, take things one step at a time, and wait and see.  We all have our fingers crossed that the vet's caution and concerns will prove to be groundless (but understandable given the circumstances).

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2011, 02:02:51 AM »
 :thanks: that was very helpful and have just emailed a breeder who I think was the owner of Jazzycats but definately used him in breeding.

The other interesting thing is that the name Portia is also used in the lines.

On that paper does it show Mo's pedigree name and her number?

If this breeder can help we may find out who the owner was if we can trace her breeder.

Jazzycats was a cream colour point.

• Hero Cat
« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2011, 00:37:20 AM »
sire portia sherman
dam hazlan razzamatazz

grandparents
sires dad ch jazzycats sunnyside up (imp)
sires mom ch kieldah cheri amor

dams dad champion brensham magic crystal moon
dams mom tersan gogo girl

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2011, 00:31:58 AM »
Does it give their pedigree names?

• Hero Cat
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2011, 23:39:34 PM »
ok
i have a yellow sheet which gives the parents registered nos as CS 679733 DAD BREED NO 13B7
MOM REG NO CS493943 BREED NO 13B6

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2011, 23:22:02 PM »
On the pedigree papers it usually lists the pedigree going back about 5 generations and on the better ones shows which of the cats are champions or grand champions.

The pedigree number will be registered at the GCCF? the lot that run the natioinal cat show in birmingham.

On their site you can find what the letters infront of the number mean and whether the breeder has there own prefix of whether its an admin one.

If its a breeder one. that will indicate its a really serious breeder and they may have their own site and on it you may even find Mo as a kitten.

Did you get a pink slip from the lady, cos that enables you to transfer Mo to you as the owner and will say what her colour is registered as.

The fur starting to grow is great and reckon if she keeps eating she will be up to 3kgs by next vet visit  ;D ;D

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2011, 23:20:15 PM »
I remember Fred's fur growing at an incredible rate within weeks of arriving here after being rescued by an RSPCA inspector.  After a while Fred was beginning to have difficulty licking fur on his chest as it was getting so long and I was giving him hair cuts to help him out.  I mentioned it to vet as I thought perhaps I shouldn't have cut it with such gay abandon and that was what was encouraging the growth.  Remember Gill?   :evillaugh:

I had visions of my beautiful boy having different lengths of fur all over him and looking a right mess  :-[ :evillaugh:  Vet said the fur growth was solely down to a decent diet and tlc  :)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2011, 23:08:34 PM »
hi again..typed a lengthy reply and battery died :censored:
the paper i have did list 5 pedigrees so i too thought as i had just discussed with oh that a good pedigree breeder wouldnt be breeding cats with stuff like that and the kidney problem common to persians would hopefully have been checked to make sure it wasnt in the linage?
2 weeks is a good amount of time to see if she does inprove further, if i could get her up to 3kgs i think she would at least be showing a big improvement.
i have noticed something amazing..her hair is growing back :wow: shes got little tiny ridges of hair about 2 mm long so sure its new hair growth as no one could have cropped in tiny lines of fur :Crazy: :wow:
as to the longtime aspect , its all to do with the results, if it is felv i have to consider that it may pass to my other two and it doesnt seem fair, however letting mo down doesnt either. I am going to have to do a lot of reserch, i need to find the best solution for the feline family first before my own desires to keep mo....unless me and mo just move up to top floor  :shy:
edit no she didnt need more abs as he said they will work for another week..her tongue has cleared up he said but her mouth is still infected...i cant describe how smelly her breath is poor girl :sick:
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 23:19:36 PM by thekittensmittens »

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2011, 22:24:48 PM »
So pleased she has reached 2kg and hopefully she will continue to go onwards and upwards  ;D

I am sure that Napoleon had ultrascans for his kidneys and bladder and they kept repeating the scans but he was in hospital at the time but am pretty certain he had no GA cos they were dangerous for him. I suspect but again not sure, that its just moving a sensor over the area a bit like with pregnant women.

The article that Rosella put up on FeLv sounds very good and as Mo is a pedigree and you have papers for her, FeLv is unlikely to have come from her breeding and unless she has come in contact with an infected cat, she is likely to be negative.

Please correct me anyone if this is wrong in any way.

However to be certain  a test needs to be done and rather than doing it twice, Glasgow should be the first port of call. The article says that false positives can come at the surgery but not false negatives.

What happens if she is definately positive, although I dont think she will be, is very hard because she would have to be a solo cat and not be allowed to mix with others because of the way FeLv passses from cat to cat. The worst case scenario is of course PTS  :'( :'(

My thought would be to test first and if the worst happened then to think of what next. Normally and the way the vet seems to be pushing is to think first and if she had been a stray and a moggie, I would have agreed with him but I dont think this is the case, I would put off thinking about it unless necessary.

From the papers you have it usually shows the breeder and you may be able to get in contact and it should show Mo's pedigree name.

I will help to search if you would like and it should have a pedigree number on the papers too which will indicate the status of the breeder.

Did the vet put Mo on any more abs?

Sending loads of cuddles to her and hugs to you  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2011, 21:55:56 PM »
2kgs is utterly amazing Jo  :wow:.  Well done you and your daughter  :hug:

Wondering if kidneys possibly feel more enlarged due to her being so thin?  Did he mention an ultra sound?  :doh:   Just re read your post!   If he is going to test for felv, does he think it necessary to send test off to lab (Glasgow?) or would her symptoms be enough to confirm a positive result in his opinion?

Am wondering what others think of info on this link re Felv.  Sounds right as regards false positive testing results ............

http://www.felinenetwork.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4&Itemid=5

There is of course also the FIV/Felv section of Purrs and this thread in particular very sadly seems to confirm the view that Felv and multicat households are not a good mix. 

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,18148.0.htm

Worrying time for you all :(  Sending  :hug: :hug: :hug:  It's not as if you have a positive Felv result yet though ..... meanwhile think you need to keep her isolated  :(
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 21:59:30 PM by Rosella moggy »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2011, 19:38:56 PM »
oh, not so good, I don't know anything about that I'm afraid but hopefully someone who does will be along soon

• Hero Cat
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2011, 19:32:37 PM »
that was the good news :shy:
bad news is he thinks her kidneys feel enlarged plus he mentioned leaukimia so she needs an ultrasound and testing in one to two weeks and he asked what my plans are if the tests are positive so anyone been in similar situation please advise now what it all entails :-:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2011, 19:32:05 PM »
that is amazing, I am so pleased!!!

• Hero Cat
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2011, 19:26:48 PM »
 :winner is:
GILL !! 2kg exactly  :wow:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2011, 18:30:44 PM »
1.5kg would be just super.  2kg would be utterly fantastic.   ;D

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2011, 16:16:59 PM »
heres hoping for 1.5 as well

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2011, 16:12:48 PM »
Just to remind peeps , she was 1.2 kgs  :shify: :shify: I think that was 5 days ago so my bet a bit high I think.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2011, 16:08:26 PM »
I'm going to say 1.5kgs as anything more will be a miracle  :)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2011, 16:05:21 PM »
OK Ladies put your Purrs birthday bets on.............how much will little Mo weigh?

I think 2 kgs  ;D ;D

Hope everything goes well at the vets  :hug: :hug:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2011, 16:03:39 PM »
Have to say, you echo my concerns about poss long term damage to the letter Jo but this all sounds incredibly positive  :)  Sending every good wish to the beautiful Mo  :care:

Everything crossed for vet visit  :crossed:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2011, 14:53:57 PM »

Am looking forward to an update after the "weigh in"   :)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2011, 14:53:29 PM »
i think if she got to a good condition again she would look very similar to your 5th cat on your sig pic.its hard to tell what colour he face hair is as it gets so gunked up and stained. after the bath shes certainly not as ginger as we thought on her points :evillaugh:

Yes, thats Lucy, she's a cream point.  :) sometimes red points can have paler points so not always easy to tell if they are red or cream points  :)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2011, 14:47:20 PM »
aww it does sound like she is making progress - there isn't anything you can do about what has come before so just concentrate on what you can help her with, you are doing an amazing job  :hug:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2011, 14:42:48 PM »
thanks for that gillian, i did try googling it but it wasnt very clear if it was normal or not, i thought maybe because the blue is so pale it could be light reflecting off pupils or something :shy:
i think if she got to a good condition again she would look very similar to your 5th cat on your sig pic.its hard to tell what colour he face hair is as it gets so gunked up and stained. after the bath shes certainly not as ginger as we thought on her points :evillaugh:
good news is this morning her mouth was no way as gunked up as it has been...its still there yes..but not as much as it has been so im really hoping that the antibiotics are helping her :wow:
my only worry is that being so rundown and skinny may have caused longtime damage internally as she was so ill  :(
I am beginning to think shes a bit of a diva though over her food :innocent: i took a tin of the A/D stuff up this morning and after looking at it she showed no interest, i then put some on my finger and put it under her nose so she then went to her bowl to eat it. its like you have to tell her its ok to eat and then sit there and watch her eat it :innocent: shes pooped again and weeing a lot more as before when she came she just did a tiny wee...now it looks more like what the other cats do , i can see shes also drinking well so hopefully shes not dehydrated etc now.
shes off back to vets tonight so im hoping he will be happy with her progress..her tail doesnt feel knobbly now at all :wow: thats the easiest place for me to check her weight gain as before it was like feeling a skeleton..
im hoping the vets scales prove us right :shy:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2011, 14:34:03 PM »
What a great sign that she's opening her eyes now.   ;D  :hug:

Maybe ultimately you have to let her old owner off the hook, annoying though that may be.   The main thing is that Mo is safe now with you, and hopefully will make a full recovery. 

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2011, 14:22:59 PM »
gill i can actually see her eyes today :wow:, they are a very pale blue, the centres look a bit red/albino, not sure what that is but sure vet will know...

so glad you she is now getting the TLC she deserves  :hug: she looks like a cream colourpoint - colourpoints always have blue eyes and the red you are seeing is normal, specially in the very pale colourpoints like her.  :)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2011, 15:56:27 PM »
The fact that she is eating is a good sign Jo altho she has a long way to go.  Try and keep your expectations at a realistic level.  A little improvement each day is so much better than any dramatic changes. 

Am sending so many good wishes for Mo, you, your daughter (you've brought her up well haven't you  :gold stars: ) and the rest of your family  :)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2011, 14:18:19 PM »
thxs you two...feel sane again after going to sit with mo and giving her some ham :wow: and her eyes are now fully open, huge blue poppers :Luv2:

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2011, 13:39:05 PM »
You are doing everything right for Little Mo   :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2011, 13:26:23 PM »
If you have been given the correct cat name and the right vet details, they should be able to track her down from her description.  TBH, I would be surprised if the former vet practice doesn't remember her just from the description  :hug: 

Deep breaths Jo  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Link to CatChat