Author Topic: cant belive it  (Read 6295 times)

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
Re: cant belive it
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2012, 21:21:36 PM »
I learned some time ago about some of these awful horror stories,regarding the RSPCA,they should be brought to book.Shown up for just what they do(or rather DON'T!)

Offline lollycat

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Mouse
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2012, 19:47:33 PM »
Thanks i'll look into the lottery i think.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2012, 18:48:28 PM »
I still give monthly to them but think i'll stop and find another rescue to support.

Why not use the money to buy tickets in the Purrs lottery http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,26334.0.html  that way you can help small rescues.  Alternatively the Blue cross  http://www.bluecross.org.uk/ or PDSA http://www.pdsa.org.uk/ do wonderful work for all animals and they are always after support.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline lollycat

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Mouse
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2012, 18:25:49 PM »
Before i could take mouse in when i had my old lady cat and a new rescue dog i called the RSPCA and asked if they would help her. They said no they only dealt with cruely case  :Crazy: it was a cruelty case she was half starved and flea ridden and just lying out in the rain. I couldn't leave that beautiful cat out to die. I still give monthly to them but think i'll stop and find another rescue to support.

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2012, 19:31:52 PM »
i honestly cant stand the Rspca now, time and time again Im hearing these stories..they are so quick to take money but a charity (the largest!) seems sadly to care more about getting funding than helping the animals in need.
they should be reported for abuse themselves as leaving cats and kittens to fend for themselves is abuse as far as i can see.
how many people sit and watch these adverts and end up falling for their clever advertising techniques leaving their legacy to this charity when so many smaller charitys are left to pick up the peices yet again because the RSPCA cant be arsed to act.
I can only be gratefull i guess that the rspca didnt do the usual PTS that they are so prone to and Ron got in there quick.
thanks Ron you deserve a medal :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 10:58:21 AM »
Apparently, not all RSPCAs are the same...sadly more of them seem to be like this than the other way though.  >:( Well done for helping the cats, Ron. Which is what they should have done in the first place, seeing as they have a lot more funds than the independents.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 10:34:00 AM »
I'd like to say "unbelievable" but unfortunately it wouldn't be true. >:( Until recently I never knew how bad the RSPCA was, it's sickening that they seem to do far, far less than the small rescues.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 08:48:19 AM »

Oh Ron.  A typical RSPCA response unfortunately.  Am sorry responsibility fell to you, but bless you for your intervention.   :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 23:32:45 PM »
Just shaking my head in disbelief :(  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 21:57:10 PM »
I really dont know how anyone can stick up for RSPCA..........small branches excepted.................and they truely are a disgrace.

Offline ronandcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 21:54:03 PM »
there fine will get them to the vets on Monday, I had to ask next door to use her Garage to put pens in for them all, they are fine about it as they don't use it, could not bring them into our pens as have a touch of cat flue and cant take the chance, anyway we are full. and at the moment we are taking no more in and have stooped homing, we have been at it night and day we are  :tired:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 19:53:46 PM »
Oh Jeez, Ron, this is everything we always thought but wanted not to believe.  >:(

How are the little ones?  :scared: :hug:

Offline ronandcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
cant belive it
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 19:32:04 PM »
Had five calls about cats and kittens living in a garden, more like a tip, a women was taken to hospital five weeks ago leaving the cats to fend for themself,  the nabours  said a she is a alcoholic they had ,to call the RSPCA who came and saw the mess the house was in sh-t all over the place and it was stinking in the other tenants flats as well, they took the mum away and had her neutered brought her back and dumped her back in the garden and said the nabours can feed them, so they where brought up to us and we had to take them in how can they just look the other way when animals are in trouble its not fair that they leave the small charities to do all the dirty work when they have the money they have they are still begging on the TV tell people how hard up they are  >:(           

Link to CatChat