Author Topic: Bailey getting his operation today  (Read 3061 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Bailey getting his operation today
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2007, 21:08:09 PM »
Aww, I am glad to hear that, fingers crossed for Fri.
Please spay your cat

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2007, 21:04:30 PM »
I'm thrilled too. Give Bailey a big hug from us

:Luv:

xC
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline suzi

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2007, 18:40:56 PM »
Bailey is still doing well.

The collar has worked well since I changed it so there's been no probs! (The safety coller has the elasticated bit, rather than the safetly clip so it's not come off) We have been taking it off whenever we are in the house with him and he has become less interested in attacking his tail.

My next door neighbour is a vet nurse and she checked his stiches yesterday and said it is healing up really well so I'm really chuffed!

Back to the vet on friday to get them out! And his fur is growing back on his cute 'mini' tail. Yipee!!!

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2007, 10:25:50 AM »
How is he now? The only prob with putting buster collars on safety collars is that safety collars are designed to come apart, and you wouldn't want it to come apart with the buster collar attached.
Please spay your cat

Offline ronandcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2007, 23:00:28 PM »
 Lots of purrs to Bailey From all the little cats at lostcatsbrighton hope he can have the collar off soon bless him poor boy :grouphug:

Offline suzi

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2007, 21:58:55 PM »
Well he seems to be adapting to life with a massive collar!

I was so worried last night as the nurse has told me to fit it with a piece of bandage strung through it and tied. I didn't like the idea of this much as I was worried he would get it caught on something and choke..then he managed to get the cone stuck in his mouth at the small end so it was caught in his jaw..then he managed to get his front paw through and he was stuck. So last night I took it off the bandage thingy and put it on his safety collar and no more incidents thankfully!!

I was so paranoid going to work today, we got the neighbours to check him through the day....then a relative came and sat with him in the afternoon! I think I worry too much!!!

I took it off for an hour this evening (under my extreme supervision!!) and while he was cleaning himself he saw his tail and started attacking it...biting. Poor wee soul didn't recognise it as his, coz he would stand up to get at it...and it dissapeared (behind him obviously!!!) It does look quite alien at the moment..short and shaven.

Anyhow, he seems to be adapting a bit better today..still seems a bit down though! Can't wait to get it off him!

Thanks for everyone's support  :Luv:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 22:23:09 PM »
Am glad he got through it well, and hope he adjusts to the collar soon.
Please spay your cat

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 17:47:49 PM »
aw i hope he feels better soon.  luckily cats are normally fast healers so heres hoping  :hug:

The pain with tail amps is you cant dress it very well without bandage falling off, however if he is going to be ultra miserable perhaps one of the nurses could get a dressing to stick somehow.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 17:30:49 PM »
 :hug: to Bailey. If only there were some way of explaining to them  :( ...

I'm sure the little accident is nothing to worry about.

:hug: to you too.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline suzi

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 17:19:28 PM »
Well he's home and seems to have come round well from the anaesthetic. His bum and tail have all been shaven and his wee stripy tail has gone. :'(

He now has a cute wee stumpy tail about 1.5- 2 inches long. His wound is bleeding ever so slightly and he hasn't bothered about it.

He just had a wee accident (no 2)...do you think this is just the anaesthetis wearing off??

The nurse said he would have to wear a collar to make sure he doesn't irritate his wound..so after he had his tea I have put it on him. I feel so terrible though. He abolutley hates it. He has been thrashing around making his tail bleed a little more. I really really want to take it off, but I know that I cant coz his wound needs time to heal. I just feel so bad for him.

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 15:48:18 PM »
I hope it goes well and that hes home and recovering soon
love
Tab

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 11:16:05 AM »
 :hug: Suzi. Let us know when you have called the vet.

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 11:15:42 AM »
awww im sure he will b fine hun  :hug:

i have a bailey too  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 11:12:18 AM »
Fingers crossed he's home soon and makes a speedy recovery.

I am sure Bailey will soon  be fine.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 11:19:19 AM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline suzi

• Adult Cat
Bailey getting his operation today
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 10:48:48 AM »
 :(

For those of you who can remeber..Bailey was hit by a car on Christmas eve which resulted in a 'tail pull' injury. At the time the vet didn't think he would make a full recovery..but with a lot of patience and TLC he has. Unfortunatly...he has lost the use of his tail..and it is limp and needs to be amputated incase it becomes trapped.

We are really gonna miss his stripy tail, and have been dreading this day coming..but sadly it something we have to do...and i need to remind myself how fortunate we are/he is that he has survived the accident.

I took him in this morning, and I have to phone at 2.30 today to find out how it went and when i can get him home.

I hated leaving him there..and the house feels so empty with him gone.

Fingers crossed he's home soon and makes a speedy recovery.
 :Luv:

Link to CatChat