Author Topic: FOUND TABBY CAT NOTTINGHAM  (Read 11849 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: FOUND TABBY CAT NOTTINGHAM
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2010, 20:58:46 PM »
What a sweet little girl. :Luv:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2010, 18:07:43 PM »
Yes she is very fnd of her foster mum, but Pauline spoils her rotton and has really devoted so much time to her :)

Bless her, a pat on the back for Pauline is due also!  :Luv2: :hug:

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2010, 18:03:53 PM »
Yes she is very fnd of her foster mum, but Pauline spoils her rotton and has really devoted so much time to her :)

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2010, 18:01:11 PM »
She's gorgeous, and what a lovely name too  :Luv: Glad she's feeling a lot better

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2010, 18:00:40 PM »
Wow! You can see the improvement!  :wow:

What a beautiful girl she is, she is very fond of her foster I see!  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2010, 17:30:09 PM »
 :Luv2: she's lovely! glad she's doing well.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2010, 14:26:08 PM »
awww she looks like she is doing really well!

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2010, 14:22:58 PM »
Just to update on this girly who is now named Ella  :Luv2:

Ella is doing real well now bless her. Still on smaller meals often, no diarrhea at all now. Her strength is coming back up in her hind legs and a shine to her coat :)

Went and did monthly update homecheck today on her fosterer and to see how she is doing and grabbed some pictures :)

As you can see here she can fully stand straight on hind legs, though sometimes they dip slightly.

Ella with her foster mum :)

:Luv2:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2010, 17:44:04 PM »
Glad shes ok, would be worth having a sample sent off incase the long term poop problem is down to a persistant infection, some of them can really whiff  :sick:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2010, 15:25:33 PM »
Wow that vet result is amazing, you would of defo of thought an rta there!!!  :wow:

So pleased this beauty is not as bad as imagined, hope the tum and bum starts firming up soon!  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2010, 11:34:41 AM »
Great news Andrea  :) :hug: - lets hope she gets her strength back soon  :Luv2:

Alice still has a bloated stomach due to long-term malnutrition - they also though something nasty was going on but tests proved otherwise  :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 11:35:16 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2010, 11:30:03 AM »
Brilliant news Andrea , im so glad its not the result of a rta, makes me wonder how long she has been like that
but the main thing is she is now getting the treatment she needs and hopefully you will find the right food for her and she will soon be up for rehoming :wow:
Thank you so much for taking her in and im really glad i got her to you in time otherwise it could have been a totally different ending :hug: :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2010, 11:23:11 AM »
Right, surprising update!

She had tests done and thouraghly examined and there is nothing wrong with her except the fact she is very weak at the back end due to long term diarrhea! So this is good news  ;D

She will weaned onto food slowly over next few days to see if she will tolerate it ok and to find right diet for her. Once we have her on foods safely, and built her back up she can be rehomed   ;D  She will have 1st vaccination next monday with ID chipping done.

Thank you very much everyone. We were expecting there to be some sort of damage but all this is down to long term diarrhea! Its a amazing actualy after being like this all this time it hasnt killed her, but she is one hell of a fighter and high spirited!

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2010, 19:34:56 PM »
I know I keep repeating myself here but something as simple as worms can cause the runs and third eyelids to show..... :hug: :hug:

Hope its nothing serious.....I would say the fact that simple fluids are making her feel better that there would be no fear of such virus!  ;) :hug: :hug:

She has been wormed and flead already since Sandra and us took her ;)

I think the diarrehea is food related, she still is clear now and not been fed as yet as 24hrs not up yet, in which she will see vet by then :)

Carol as you dont have the cat anymore dont you think it would be better to give this chaps e-mail addy to either myself or Andrea so we can communicate directly with him ref the little tabby girl

I agree. If its possible can you give him my contact number or email addy to contact me direct please :) or if you can send me his details I can contact him? :)

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2010, 19:29:13 PM »
Carol as you dont have the cat anymore dont you think it would be better to give this chaps e-mail addy to either myself or Andrea so we can communicate directly with him ref the little tabby girl

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2010, 19:27:46 PM »
I know I keep repeating myself here but something as simple as worms can cause the runs and third eyelids to show..... :hug: :hug:

Hope its nothing serious.....I would say the fact that simple fluids are making her feel better that there would be no fear of such virus!  ;) :hug: :hug:

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2010, 19:22:29 PM »
OMG i hope this isnt so, i should have been told all this when i picked her up last week, i have 14 other cats ranging from 7 months to 20yrs old,luckily she was put straight into the spare room and wasnt allowed to mix with my lot but needless to say im absolutely furious at not being told >:(

Plus the fact I have cats here and so does the fosterer!

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2010, 19:19:35 PM »
Hi just read all the threads about the Tabby girl you kindly took in, she had bad runs while she was with me, with the 3rd eye lid problem it sounds very much to me like Tora virus, one of my cats had it once and its very contagious to other cats but very easily treated. I do hope shes ok. The guy who contacted me through national missing pet register said his cat was chipped and her name is Mistie, he also said you could feel the chip on her back along the spinal cord area he said he would send some pics of his missing baby to see if it does look like her.  Im sending little "Purdy" pot a big  :hug: from me and im thinking of her and hope all is ok.

Do you mean Toro virus? I dont think it is this as she doesnt have upper resp, sneezing or anorexia, vomiting etc..

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2010, 19:18:45 PM »
OMG i hope this isnt so, i should have been told all this when i picked her up last week, i have 14 other cats ranging from 7 months to 20yrs old,luckily she was put straight into the spare room and wasnt allowed to mix with my lot but needless to say im absolutely furious at not being told >:(

carol377

« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2010, 19:02:10 PM »
Hi just read all the threads about the Tabby girl you kindly took in, she had bad runs while she was with me, with the 3rd eye lid problem it sounds very much to me like Tora virus, one of my cats had it once and its very contagious to other cats but very easily treated. I do hope shes ok. The guy who contacted me through national missing pet register said his cat was chipped and her name is Mistie, he also said you could feel the chip on her back along the spinal cord area he said he would send some pics of his missing baby to see if it does look like her.  Im sending little "Purdy" pot a big  :hug: from me and im thinking of her and hope all is ok.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2010, 17:18:29 PM »
 :phew: Glad miss beautiful has picked up, hopefully at the vets you will get to know if its stress related or not!  :hug:

Well done Pauline for your fantastic care!  :Luv2:

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2010, 13:46:02 PM »
Yeh she could do. There could also be a medical reason for it all aswell? We will see what vets say and what accurs from there. If it is a ongoing thing with stress and moving then new owners will be informed and rehoming posts. She definatly needs a special home when ready  :Luv2:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2010, 12:34:29 PM »
so glad to hear she is doing much better

unfortunately she may well react like this when she goes to a new home, so hope the new owners won't be put off - perhaps you will have to provide them with air freshener, Andrea ;)
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2010, 12:34:10 PM »
Following this thread quietly and pleased to see the little one is improving. Well done to all concerned. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2010, 11:16:50 AM »
I am sure she will continue to get better ;)

She has been through alot bless and think she is a little unsettled at moment, but she will soon settle, get sorted with vets and able to be rehomed :)

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2010, 11:08:59 AM »
Oh thank goodness for that, give Pauline a big thank you from me for caring for this little girl through the night :hug:
Hope she continues to get better

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2010, 10:21:46 AM »
 ;D that's great news! well done, hope she continues to improve.

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2010, 10:04:49 AM »
She is alot brighter thismorning, no diarreah since 11pm last night, weeing normal and strength back up again. Fluids given every hour through the night :)

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2010, 09:40:27 AM »
I do hope this little one is ok  :hug: she's gorgeous btw  :Luv2:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2010, 08:53:27 AM »
How is she this morning? :scared:
I didnt sleep last night for worrying about this little one, i pray to god she is feeling better this morning

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2010, 23:07:49 PM »
Lol, yes she does really stink bless her.

It could be that the moving her again has triggered it, stress as to say. Poor girl has been through an awful lot. It could of triggered the diarrehea again, which in turn has made her weak and dhydrated.

She is happy enough in her slef as in she is purring and wanting fusses :) phsyical stress can cause diarreah.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2010, 22:55:10 PM »
I do hope so, i feel as if ive done something wrong and have been going over in my mind the past week, her water bowl was nearly always half empty in the mornings so i know she was drinking, the first night she was here she had a plate of chicken then when i saw how bad the runs were i starved her for 24 hrs just water after that she was okay, the only thing i noticed with her was when she had used the tray it stunk , :sick:

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2010, 22:31:26 PM »
I will keep you updated hun.

I think its dhydration from constant runs and loose stools passing. Once fluids are in she should be fine. Its more than likely with her not drinking a substantional amount of water like you mentioned and the fact she is passing out more dhiarrea than fluids taken in. Nothing fluid syringing and complete 24 hr starvation wont cure ;)

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2010, 22:26:31 PM »
Andrea please keep me informed to progress, i cant understand this at all as she was fine earlier,
She was drinking water while she was here as i filled her water bowl every mornning,  with fresh water,she did have the runs when i first took her in but this disappeared during the week and altho her motions werent solid they werent runny either,it really is a mystery and i do hope its nothing ive done altho what i cant possibly think

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2010, 22:17:23 PM »
Ok, sudden change here. This girlies back end seems to of gone and she is weak with chronic diarrha. The scuff of neck when pulled up isnt going straight back down so it looks as though she is dhydrated. Pauline has collected her and set up hospital cage and is syringing fluids into her every 1 to 2 hours through the night and tomorrow.  She also has her inner eyelids starting to come in aswell and cant get in the litter tray as her back end is right down :( Once the fluids are in her she should start picking up and feeling better.

I am currently trying to get hold of the vet nurse to get hold of our vet and see if they will come down and open up. The emg out of hours vets are utterly useless and everytime ive used them in out of hours for emg like this, there answer is pts, when you refuse they then tell you there is nothing they can do then and sent home  >:(

Some pictures pauline has taken:

As you can see her back end is totaly down, even trying with the litter tray and her inner eyelids coming across :(

Despite this, this little sweetheart is still purring away and happy and contented, loving being fussed.

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2010, 18:13:09 PM »
Its actualy hard getting  apicture of her as she smooches round you so much  :Luv2: The one where is walking away looking across, I put a peice of chicken on the floor there, she ate it and looked round lol.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2010, 17:33:55 PM »
She is gorgeous! Isnt she just adoring all of this attention....rightly so!  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Positive vibes for her vet visit on Mon!  :hug:

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2010, 17:01:20 PM »
She is adorable to say the least  :Luv2: She has a permanat foster home lined for as long as she needs with a top experienced cat fosterer near me. Pauline is very experienced with grooming and dematting, nail and teeth care and some medical needs such as tube feeding, injections ect.... Plus she has no children so a nice quite home. She has persians herself who are very laid back lovely boys  :Luv2:

Grabbed a few pictures this afternoon of this little poppet.

She will be at vets 1st thing monday to be checked over and I will update then :)

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2010, 15:47:15 PM »
She was lovely just wanted to be fussed all the time :Luv:
Hopefully once shes been to the vets and been assessed then Andrea will find her the best possible home where she will be loved and fussed as she should be :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2010, 14:55:19 PM »
Bless her, bet she was an absolute doll to foster BL!  :Luv2:

Link to CatChat