Author Topic: Missing Burmese is Home!  (Read 7439 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Missing Burmese is Home!
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2009, 23:48:32 PM »
So pleased he loves you so much and his friends  :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2009, 21:22:12 PM »
aww, that's wonderful news  :Luv:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2009, 19:31:48 PM »
Excellent news .... sounds like Alfie has decided he has had quite enough adventure.  One good thing about Burmese's is they love human company and by the sounds of things your little lad has no intention of letting you out of his sight for quite some time  :hug: :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline hartt

• Kitten
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2009, 13:53:16 PM »
Well I decided to take Alfie out for a walk as he so wanted to get out and he moved about 2 inches out the door and stopped.

He has stuck to me all around the garden and the area sniffing every bush and reassociating himself with his home.  With this lovely weather he is now enjoying outdoor life staying close to hom and popping in every hour - he has a look on his face as though he can't believe he is home!

The other 2 cats have licked him continually and stick with him - if they could talk I know they would say how happy they are to be a threesome again!  One thing for usre is that they are all locked in at night now so we can all sleep peacefully!  Its so nice to go for a walk without looking for my cat!

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2009, 23:01:47 PM »
Im so pleased he is back home safe and well.  Burmese are notorious as escape artists so I would keep a close eye on him if he desparate to get out again.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline bombaycat

• Adult Cat
  • Billy Buttons and sister Coco
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2009, 15:59:37 PM »
So pleased - love to hear burmese is back home safe....

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2009, 23:18:07 PM »
I'm over the moon for you  :hug:  I wouldn't let him out for a while either, no matter how much he protests.  Just delighted for you both  :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2009, 22:47:14 PM »
So glad your babe is back safe home!  :wow: :hug:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2009, 22:16:09 PM »
wonderful news - and well done that man for taking Alfie to be scanned instead of just booting him out the door
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline miriambuddy

• Senior Cat
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2009, 22:03:39 PM »
Yaaaaaah Alfie!, enjoy a big dinner!.
He'll relax again when he feels ready, it's wonderful when they follow other cats as then they are found by wonderful cat people!

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2009, 21:21:43 PM »
So glad this little one is back home.

I have a soft spot for burmese and their owners as we have one - who's currently howling because I'm not petting her.

You should probably keep him in for a few weeks, at very least a few days and make sure he's eating etc.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 21:00:34 PM »
 ;D great to hear that Alfie is home!

I agree with Gill's advice escpecially if he has recently started wanting to go out more  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 20:26:55 PM »
Wonderful he is home  ;D

I would treat him a s a new cat and keep him in for at least 4 weeks....is there anything or anyone in the house that may have caused him to leave?

If there is anything you can think of this will need to be resolved be fore he goes out again  :hug: :hug:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 19:52:24 PM »
This is great news. I've merged both your threads so everyone can catch up.

I have no advice other than be patient. I am sure others will have more constructive advice to offer you   :hug:

Offline hartt

• Kitten
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 19:43:02 PM »
I have got Alfie home.  I had a call yesterday from a vet 3 miles away to say, someone had brought Alfie in and scanned his chip.

Apparently this man already had 2 cats and came home from work to find 3 cats asleep on his sofa. 

Alfie has been gone for 17 days and is very thin and no purrs are coming out yet.

He is desperate to get out but I can't bring myself to let him go until he has got back to his normal weight. 

Is there a sensible time to wait until I let him out again.

So happy to have him home, thank you for all your kind notes.  there are good people out there to help our cats

Offline miriambuddy

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 23:32:27 PM »
It is wonderful the kindness of strangers when your little one goes missing. I really do hope he finds his way home to you soon xx

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 18:55:53 PM »
So pleased that people are caring and if he has hitched a lift , I do hope someone will get him scanned  :hug: :hug:

Offline hartt

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 14:50:29 PM »
Thank you all for your kind messages - I am learning that I do have some caring neighbours as I have had many phone calls - mainly from people saying how well they know my cats.  I have learnt a lot about the lives of my cats.

They are very well loved around here and visit many kitchens and gardens and put on all their shows for people.  I have been to every house in my area and dropped leaflets and had sheds and garages opened.  A gardener did say that he has found my cats in his van before and in my heart of hearts I feel that is what happened to Alfie.  So trusting, I am sure he jumped in a van and has been driven away.  He really is not a brave cat so goodness knows where he is and what he is coping with.  I want to think he will make his way home and I am walking a wide radius calling him, I just wish someone would take him to a vet to be scanned as that would bring him home.

Alfie doesn't have a collar on, but his identical brother Oscar does.  Poor Oscar is permanently being brought home by caring neighbours believing they have found Alfie - he is becoming quite disgruntled by his normal life being so disrupted.  I do keep stressing that if Alfie was near he would come home, he wouldn't simply be sat in the gardens, but people are simply trying to help which is a comforting thought.

Offline bombaycat

• Adult Cat
  • Billy Buttons and sister Coco
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 11:52:35 AM »
It's very early days yet - I know the pain, one Bombay lost 2 years ago and one lost this year but returned 2 weeks later! Remeber the bombalinas (as I call my 4 Burmese and Bombay's) are clever they do tend to get into scrapes but they do also find their way home and they are very home loving so he'll be trying to get back. Do all the stuff the people here recommend. I was convinced that Mia was gone in June and searched everywhere but she must have been about reasonably close by so don't give up however easy it is to feel that hope is gone.

My thoughts are with you....and Alfie.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 06:48:33 AM »
So sorry to hear about Alfie, I hope that you have some positive news soon xx
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 06:48:54 AM by Janeyk »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 23:52:31 PM »
So sorry to hear that Alfie is missing, never give up hope and the link gives great advice,

We have just had one cat return afte 58 days so there is a chance until you hear otherwise  :hug: :hug:

Alfie is just beautiful and we have also just has a returnee who probably hitched a lift abd his chip brought hime home

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 23:36:18 PM »
So sorry to hear that your beautiful babe is missing..... if you check out the link provide there are lots of useful tips on what best to do and where to get on contact etc..... ;)

Sending positive vibes for your babes safe return home~~~~~~best of luck!  :hug:

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,305.0.html
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 23:37:17 PM by Bazsmum »

Offline hartt

• Kitten
Missing Burmese is Home!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 23:33:02 PM »
My beautiful brown Burmese left home last Monday evening and never returned.  He has never stayed out all night and I am worried sick about him.  I have 3 Burmese from one litter - they are all beautiful and individual, but Alfie was the softest, most loving and funny cat I have ever known.  Everyone who mey him couldn't believe his personality.  Even the vets wants to keep him as he purrs and jumps on his shoulder.

We live in a small housing area amongst acres of woodlands near Watford and very low risk of car problems.  We have lived here for 12 months and have avoided moving to allow our cats a safe home. 

I have made posters, knocked door to door and asked people to check their garages and sheds - but no news has come.  The other 2 cats Oscar and Bella are really effected by this and I am trying hard to be sensible about this situation but I cannot stop crying at the thought of him locked in or lost somewhere without me to look after him.  I have read some other stories on your site and I cannot bear to think I will be still waiting to hear some news in 2 years.  He is chipped and obviously owned - he has a beautful glossy coat - but if you find him, please find it in your heart to take him to a vet so he can come home.  I know if he is found it would be hard to give him up - but he has a home and he was very happy here.  My fear is he sneaked in a van that was open and has been driven away - or worse still stolen and maybe sold, then he will never be handed back.  The nights are the worst but I cannot give up hope.  If you can offer any help please let me know

Link to CatChat