Author Topic: Just nothing....or something to worry about!  (Read 1345 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Just nothing....or something to worry about!
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 20:55:58 PM »
Sasa looks like a rugby ball and always has, I would just keep an eye on her and oif she seems to get bigger in the tummy then back to the vets but while she is happy then I would be too  ;D

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 14:03:07 PM »
I thought one of the ferals was pregnant but the vet said her tum was just oddly shaped, that it was too.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 13:48:46 PM »
one of mine has a balloon belly!!  the vet says it just the way she is made, she had a c section so not sure if that makes any difference

Offline louise_81

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 13:47:18 PM »
I wormed them about a week 10 days ago, they get three meals a day 2 wet each and a handful of dry each, so I can only think that its post spay, as evie seems ok.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 12:48:35 PM »
Yes, worms, too much food or an after-effect of the spaying during pregnancy. I would be back to the vet if you can swear on your mother's grave that you have not been feeding her lots of food ...

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 12:39:12 PM »
She could have a large wormy burden although i would take her back for another check up for peace of mind

Offline louise_81

• Adult Cat
Just nothing....or something to worry about!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 12:36:29 PM »
Help!

I got Evie and Ava about 4 weeks ago (and I have to say I can’t imagine life without either of them!).  Both were spayed, Ava, whilst pregnant, We have come through all the hormone highs, and everything is rather calm back at the ranch!
But I do worry (I wouldn’t be a good pet owner if I didn’t)  I took Ava back the the vets around 2 weeks ago, as her tummy is still rather rugby ball shaped, and pregnant looking.  The vet palpatated her, took her temp and said there is nothing to worry about and that her tummy would eventually regain elasticity and spring back to its normal shape.  2 Weeks on from that consult and she is still the same shape   She seems happy in herself, although gets grumpy if I am too close to her behind or a stroke her too hard whilst lying down, stood up she is fine.  She also went off her food for about a day, but soon regained her appitite.  Oh and Evie keeps being sick, but I think that is down to eating too quickly, as they are still not used to regular meals 

On the up side, most of the flea scabs have gone, their coats are improving day by day, Evie is so shiney at the minute with Ava catching up :D

Link to CatChat