Author Topic: Missing grey semi feral cat from Cramar cat rescue FOUND  (Read 49826 times)

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
Re: Missing grey semi feral cat from Cramar cat rescue FOUND
« Reply #179 on: September 20, 2009, 08:44:51 AM »
Thought it best to start a new thread on him as he's now LOST from a different area! (Redditch) Thanks for all the interest in my little boy!

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #178 on: September 18, 2009, 19:59:46 PM »
Hi bazsmum-he won't go in the trap if i go one-there was one at Penny's for about 2 weeks, but he wouldn't go near the thing! Today, tho' i had a surprise-Mr CDS rang me!!! He'd just seen a grey cat on a grassed area and, when he whistled, he turned round, but then went back to hunting in the bush! He didn't want to get too close incase it spooked him, as the area is close to a busy road!!! I decided to go over-big mistake, Friday afternoon traffic-but managed to find my way to the house. Had a walk and a whistle, but decided to knock the door. So now i've met the CDS's!! Nice people and i asked them to point me in the direction of the area, but he took me! Spent about half an hour there, but no joy! He said he'll not give up and check every couple of hours, and keep me posted!
I'll go again in the week and try again!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #177 on: September 18, 2009, 16:29:02 PM »
Not good!  :(

Maybe you could get a loan of a trap and get the CD's to put it out there back and find out for sure who is eating it!  ;)

There should be plenty of places online to get directions....I wish you luck Shirley....This must be really churning your stomach bless!  :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #176 on: September 18, 2009, 08:02:44 AM »
Went with Janet yesterday to have a 'whistle' on her last day before her holiday. No sign of him    :(   We put up a few posters and she left the CDS's a note with my phone number, just i case! I've got the post code now so, hopefully, i can go over on my own to have another look next week. It's really like looking for a needle in a haystack tho'-there's such a vast area of trees/bushes and you can't get anywhere near the back of the houses to see if he's in any of the gardens. It's SO frustrating!     :grrrrrr:   

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #175 on: September 15, 2009, 17:53:29 PM »
LOL!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #174 on: September 15, 2009, 16:02:35 PM »
Oh right....See your not the only one who gets easily confused lol!  :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #173 on: September 15, 2009, 15:50:55 PM »
No, you misunderstood, or i probably didn't write it down properly! I mean i'm up at the back door or front door looking for him if i haven't seen him for a while! He won't leave me-he's too spoiled lol!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #172 on: September 15, 2009, 13:48:48 PM »
Thanks Bazsmum.  I haven't got a cat flap here so i'm up and down like a yo-yo looking for my Ollie and he doesn't wander off!

Oh no! I did'nt know that your Ollie has now gone astray....When did this happen?  :scared: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #171 on: September 15, 2009, 07:17:41 AM »
Thanks Bazsmum.  I haven't got a cat flap here so i'm up and down like a yo-yo looking for my Ollie and he doesn't wander off!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #170 on: September 15, 2009, 02:29:43 AM »
I used to sit out in the garden for ages waiting for Tosker to come for his food, and he was no more or less my responsibility than GB is theirs

You wont believe the ammount of times I have been outside looking for my cat or waiting or basically whatever it takes! It could be anything eating that food.....Even Hedgies like cat food!

But like you say you dont know if they are not doing that....but then if they were wouldnt they know what is eating the food!  :sneaky:

Best of luck hun with your ongoing saga with darling GB....Hope the posters/fliers do the trick!  ;) :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #169 on: September 14, 2009, 22:14:19 PM »
LMAO Liz! Sounds like  heaven for them!

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #168 on: September 14, 2009, 21:55:10 PM »
Shirley if its any consolation we have 20 like that in the Clan cats all feral in various ranges from nasty to nealry nice - they all love the digs, food and the dogs its us humans who keep them to the manner they have become accustomed I mean Prawns and cat milk so readily available in the wild! :shocked:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #167 on: September 14, 2009, 21:16:02 PM »
Great to hear-lets hope you'll be able to touch him one day! GB's the opposite-i can fuss him like my own, and he'd just started letting other people touch him, but doesn't like the domestic bit!   :scared:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #166 on: September 14, 2009, 19:53:25 PM »
apart from not wanting me to touch him, Tosker is totally committed to his new domesticated existence

let's hope GB will be the same one day :hug:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #165 on: September 14, 2009, 18:51:38 PM »
I'd be the same, but to be fair, i don't know whether they ARE doing that cos i've not spoken to them myself Hopefully janet will give them my number before she goes away!
How's Tosker doing?

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #164 on: September 14, 2009, 18:23:57 PM »
this must be so frustrating for you, Shirley - the new owners really need to find out if it is definitely GB who is eating the food - if it is they can then hatch a plan to gradually bring him in

I used to sit out in the garden for ages waiting for Tosker to come for his food, and he was no more or less my responsibility than GB is theirs
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #163 on: September 14, 2009, 17:56:35 PM »
Hi, thanks for asking, but no news, really. The new owner spoke to Janet on Sat and said they hadn't seen him, but the food was still being eaten, tho for a couple of days it wasn't. She said a neighbour's cat plays in the woods a bit further up than we'd been, so we'll try there next time-he might have found a pal! Problem is, i'd never find the place without Janet (no sat nav) and she's on holiday from Thurs, but she does want to have a whistle before she finishes! Should have the fliers and posters to take with us! Fingers crossed!      :catplay2:

Got another problem now-a cat hanging round the street where my 'friend's' parents live for the last couple of months, turned up on Sat with 2 kittens,running about.................................................She rang the RSPCA who told her 'as long as mom is feeding them, they'll be ok' What about when she stops feeding them and comes into season? I rang the local CP tonight and they have taken her  address and phone number. She'd only just got from work, so i didn't want to push too much!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #162 on: September 14, 2009, 16:28:13 PM »
Any news Shirley....Hope you are feeling much better now?  :Luv: :hug: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #161 on: September 08, 2009, 21:13:54 PM »
It worked before! There are a lot of houses around here this time, unlike when i found him at Penny's-a lot of different cul de sacs, like a maze really,  but no busy roads to worry about!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #160 on: September 08, 2009, 19:38:54 PM »
How sad that there was no sign of him!  :( :hug:

Better luck next time and agree that the poster's/fliers should have some effect!  :Luv: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #159 on: September 08, 2009, 19:10:39 PM »
Thanks Shery! Janet rang to see if i could go over today, so we went for a whistle at the back of CDS's house-lots of trees and bushes-whistled myself dry, but no sign    :(

Next time we will take fliers and posters-it worked last time!

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #158 on: September 08, 2009, 12:21:16 PM »
Fingers, toes and everything else crossed for some good news soon - come on GB show yourself where ever you are hiding xxx

I really hope you hear something soon Shirley  :hug:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #157 on: September 08, 2009, 01:34:24 AM »
Thanks again!   It's my birthday on Thursday and i'm going over either Wed or Thurs-would be a good pressie if i see him!             

:wooooo: now that would be a brilliant prezzie for you!  :crossed:  :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #156 on: September 07, 2009, 11:23:24 AM »
Thanks again!   It's my birthday on Thursday and i'm going over either Wed or Thurs-would be a good pressie if i see him!             

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #155 on: September 07, 2009, 10:03:40 AM »
Ah! I did'nt realise how perfect the CdS situation is.... When I think of a CdS I think of a little group of houses with no through road... Still surrounded by houses etc....  :shy: Probably comes with living up North!  :innocent:

It was late and I was tired and now I see that he really does have a perfect situation with no other cats to contend with.... Wish he could take a leaf out of Tosker's book!  ;)

Good luck again for your forth coming mission....  :hug: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #154 on: September 07, 2009, 07:50:49 AM »
Hi Bazsmum-we've got to find him first!!!

"I did feel that his trial was a bit quick after what he had been through!?" I don't understand what you mean by that-but i am a bit thick sometimes lol!

I think, after reading about Tosker, this would be ideal  way for GB, as he was getting used to other people, apart from me, stroking him and the cds's home sounds perfect for him, with the woods and no roads!

I think he would still be scared at Cramar because there are just so many cats.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #153 on: September 07, 2009, 01:22:21 AM »
Good luck on the whistling front Shirley... I wonder if  :crossed: he is found would he be going back to Cramar? I wonder if that would actually be the best move as he seems more sure of himself there....

I did feel that his trial was a bit quick after what he had been through!?  ;) :hug:

It would be ideal if the CdS peeps could get to know him better at his pace thats all!  :sneaky: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #152 on: September 06, 2009, 19:59:40 PM »
No news yet, unfortunately. Bazsmum. I'm hoping to get a call any day to go over and do my whistle! Thanks for asking.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #151 on: September 04, 2009, 22:49:02 PM »
Any news Shirley? I really hope he has been sighted by now!  ;) :hug: :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #150 on: August 29, 2009, 21:15:22 PM »
Even when my cat flap is on "in" only I have a couple of cats who will scratch at it to open it in over!  :sneaky:  :tired:

I can see Janet's point, and in a perfect world etc.... But realistically he does seem to be making a point of not wanting to stay indoors! As he is semi feral I do think that in time it would work but at his pace... He would be working his way in over in a sense! I agree that Trigger's one is a good one and has worked brilliantly with Tosker.... He has gone from the same way, slowly coming closer then amazingly in of his own accord!  ;) :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #149 on: August 29, 2009, 20:48:06 PM »
Also, they have got a cat flap, but was set to 'in' only. Janet wants them to lock it, cos she's seen cats barge through one!

I still think Trigger's way is a good one, but i've got no say in it now. If i meet the CDS's i will sugges that, tho Janet doesn't want to know-she wants him inside for winter

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #148 on: August 29, 2009, 20:43:38 PM »
Im glad that CDS are using the whistling tactic.... but is it your tune?  LOL Bazsmum!

I would bet it is him eating the food. When he escaped from Cramar,he'd been missing 5 weeks and he  was literally, across the road. Something Janet told me today which i forgot to mention-she was told years ago that, when a cat runs away , he'll gradually come closer and closer to where he ran from!  Here's hoping!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #147 on: August 29, 2009, 20:13:50 PM »
I really do hope GB is eating the food Shirley.... He has proved to be rather elusive has your boy!  :Crazy:

Im glad that CDS are using the whistling tactic.... but is it your tune?  :sneaky:

Its a pity that they cant install a cat flap as that way he may of came and gone of his own accord, probably would not of felt so imprisoned then? Mind you he would probably have to be taught how to use it!  :shocked:

Im keeping my spirits up on this one as Im sure he is just hiding out, but Im sure just a little nod from the right direction knowing he has at least been sighted would keep your wits stable!  :Luv: :hug:

Thinking of you both.... When this is well and truly sorted I think we can make a comedy of it!  :evillaugh: :Luv: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #146 on: August 29, 2009, 14:43:09 PM »
Had a call from Janet-she'd been to the house, but GB hasn't been seen. They are leaving food out , which is being eaten, but could be anything ,and Mr CDS is going out at night whistling.
There was progress before he escaped-he'd come down to a lower level from the bookcase, and even sat on a cushion on the windowsill, being fussed, and was responding to whistlig inside. He wants to wait until Friday to see what happens, before i go over there!

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #145 on: August 29, 2009, 08:40:01 AM »
Thanks Bazsmum. Looks like i've gone back to how i was when he escaped before i.e waking up in the night-lots-to find i've been dreaming about him and Cramar! It's just as well i still haven't got a job-i wouldn't be able to function! Don't know what to think about where he might be headed-the last time he went he was ,literally, across the road from Cramar at Penny's, but i don't know where the CDS's live at the moment. i'm hoping to get a call from Janet today, once she's been to the house.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #144 on: August 28, 2009, 23:05:43 PM »
Thanks for your concern! Normally, i get a message to say someone's posted on here, but i didn't! I've been really busy yesterday and today, trying to push the petition about kittens on Petstreet-i've put the link on individual people's walls!
I rang Janet this afternoon and she told me he'd done his vanishing act again! She can't get through on the phone to speak to Mr & Mrs CDS, so she's going to the house tomorrow to see if there's any sightings of him, and then, i'll have to do my whistling again! It's amazing how he got out-she'd got the window open slightly and he nudged the latch up until he opened the window-and i always thought he was dim!
As i said on CC, i'm not too worried  at the moment cos i know he can look after himself and at least there' s no busy road this time, just woods behind the house. When we get him back, Mrs CDS will have to make her home a fortress!

Dont worry Shirley hun... My concern was how GB and you must be feeling right now!  ;) I do hope that he has'nt gone too far (maybe heading back to Cramar?) If not then it looks like that special whistle of yours just may be of use yet again! Best of luck!  :Luv: :hug: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #143 on: August 28, 2009, 21:59:39 PM »
From what i was told, it seemed he had the run of the house, Trigger. The last Janet heard, they were leaving food out for him. Maybe that would be a better plan for him, as you suggested. Hopefully Janet will see them tomorrow and get more info and, when i meet them, i'll suggest that.

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #142 on: August 28, 2009, 21:22:44 PM »
perhaps he can't be happy in a house which is a fortress though, Shirley

could it be that he needs a home where he can come and go as he wishes? perhaps he'll  hang around if the new owners put food out for him regularly, and provide some outside shelter for him

then he   can be domesticated by degrees, at his own pace
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #141 on: August 28, 2009, 21:01:07 PM »
Thanks for your concern! Normally, i get a message to say someone's posted on here, but i didn't! I've been really busy yesterday and today, trying to push the petition about kittens on Petstreet-i've put the link on individual people's walls!
I rang Janet this afternoon and she told me he'd done his vanishing act again! She can't get through on the phone to speak to Mr & Mrs CDS, so she's going to the house tomorrow to see if there's any sightings of him, and then, i'll have to do my whistling again! It's amazing how he got out-she'd got the window open slightly and he nudged the latch up until he opened the window-and i always thought he was dim!
As i said on CC, i'm not too worried  at the moment cos i know he can look after himself and at least there' s no busy road this time, just woods behind the house. When we get him back, Mrs CDS will have to make her home a fortress!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #140 on: August 28, 2009, 19:54:56 PM »
Thank you for letting us know Sheryl... Poor Shirley must be past herself! Ive left a message on CC!  :Luv: :hug: :hug:

Link to CatChat