Author Topic: LOST tabby cat .... Syon Lane / Isleworth TW7/8 - FOUND!!!!  (Read 9135 times)

Offline mgw99

• Adult Cat
Re: LOST tabby cat .... Syon Lane / Isleworth TW7/8 - FOUND!!!!
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2009, 15:32:16 PM »
Thanks everyone!  They're still grounded until my nerves can take it. I reckon they will be let out for a loc8tor trial later this week. 

Michelle

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2009, 21:14:37 PM »
Hello Michelle and   :welcome:  to Purrs

So pleased that your Izzie is home I know what a pain in the neck they are when they go missing

:welcome:  home   :I: :Z: :Z: :I: :E:       :party: :wrabbit:

The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lupus, Jack, Fat Andy, Milky,Shenzy, Ollie, Teddy bear, Jemima Spider, Socks, Sam, Merlin, Mouse and Smudge
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2009, 20:07:56 PM »
i'm so pleased you found her and that she's home safe and sound  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;  they have not forgotten this  - Terry Pratchett

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2009, 20:05:37 PM »
So pleased she's been found safe and sound  :Luv:  They're both gorgeous girls  :Luv2:

Offline mgw99

• Adult Cat
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2009, 19:56:48 PM »
Thank you again everyone. I can't get over what a fluke it was that I walked back on that side of the road. She is being extra affectionate and slept at my feet for ages last night, which she has never done before.

They are getting a loc8tor in advance of their 2nd birthday next month, which they can use when I decide they're not grounded any more!

I thought you might like to see a pic of her sister CJ (who is just as pretty!) and of Izzie sleeping on the sofa once she was back home safe and sound

« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 20:06:58 PM by mgw99 »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2009, 11:08:17 AM »
 :wooooo: :wooooo:
So glad shes home  ;D

Offline mgw99

• Adult Cat
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2009, 10:41:16 AM »
Hi,

Another quick update:

I took Izzie to the vets this morning for a checkup and everything is fine.  She kept rolling over when the vet tried to check her belly - she does love a bellyrub!! :innocent:

Just need to go and take the rest of the posters down now...

Michelle

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2009, 09:37:54 AM »
 :yayyy:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2009, 08:12:57 AM »
fantastic news!!!!

Offline mgw99

• Adult Cat
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2009, 23:21:17 PM »
More thanks for you both! (this is getting ridiculous!!!).

I'm off to enjoy some cuddles and purring, and to fuss over her sister a bit too!  I think we will all sleep well tonight :)   :tired:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2009, 22:42:10 PM »
Excellent news...Im so happy for you both!  :Luv: :hug: :hug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2009, 22:37:54 PM »
I'll do it for your now :)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline mgw99

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2009, 22:26:15 PM »
by the way, could someone please update thehovel posting as I still can't post anything on there.  Thanks   :thanks:

Offline mgw99

• Adult Cat
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2009, 22:18:32 PM »
She seems fine.  Was a bit hesitant first which was strange for her, but the treats I was carrying helped and the jumper I wrapped her in to get her home!  She's demolished a bowl of food and is having a sniff around. She doesn't seem to be injured but I will take her to the vets in the morning to make sure.

Thank you again,
Michelle

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2009, 22:16:24 PM »
Oh Michelle what wonderful news .... I'm so happy for you.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline LadyJane

• Hero Cat
  • Samson xx
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2009, 22:13:34 PM »
Oh that's excellent news :hug:

How is she?

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,26287.0.html

Playing on the bridge - Sooty, Misty, Tim, Tom, Ebony and Pepsi - I miss you all and think of you often

Offline mgw99

• Adult Cat
WE FOUND HER!!!!!!!

I was walking slowly round the local streets for the umpteenth time when she meowed back at me from a front garden hedge. I have never been so relieved!

Thank you all for your support. It has been so appreciated. Thank you.

Michelle

Offline mgw99

• Adult Cat
Thank you.

I just spoke to my mum and she's going to come tomorrow and stay for a couple of days to help me and my boyfriend.  There's not much she can do that we haven't already but I think it will her being here will really help.

Michelle

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Sending positive vibes for your furbabes safe return~~~~~Good Luck!  :Luv: :hug:

Offline mgw99

• Adult Cat
Today we've put up more posters and searched the hedgerows around the school playground as that is the nearest big open space to us.  The pupils, teachers and all the people walking past think we're complete nutters but I really don't care.   That means we've now searched all of the places around the nearest main road where she could have gone if she's been injured by a car.  I suppose it's good that she wasn't in there.

I was so hopeful when I was walking back that she might be waiting for us in the kitchen but still no sign.

Michelle

Offline mgw99

• Adult Cat
Thank you so much.

A local kid reckons he saw her really close to home on Tuesday evening, but this was a couple of hours after we started calling for her and she was going the other way so I doubt it was her.   There are a couple of other tabbies in the area so who knows.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Shes now on the hovel, hope the next lot of posters work and shes home soon  :hug:

Offline mgw99

• Adult Cat
Thanks Dawn.

We're off out to put posters up around more streets, widening the search a bit.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
there are some members of the hovel - I think Sam fussyfurball is a member and she always checks out the lost section so I'm sure she will be able to help

Offline mgw99

• Adult Cat
I'm trying to post this on the hovel as well but having massive problems registering and signing on (it keeps telling me my email address is banned!)

If anyone is also a member on there could you please post it for me? 

Thanks,
Michelle

Offline mgw99

• Adult Cat
Thanks Dawn and Janey.

I've ordered some posters and leaflets from animal search UK (through the pet insurance) which are coming tomorrow. So I'm going to try with those and see if people respond to the 0800 number and a third party instead.

Michelle

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I know the road well, i used to work at gsk - somebody on here found hers only after the third leaflet was put through someones door - don't feel bad about bothering people!

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
So sorry to hear this, it is still very early though so please just keep doing all those things and hopefully Izzie will be back soon, loads of luck xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline mgw99

• Adult Cat
Thanks.  We're going to start putting posters a bit farther afield today.  I need to do something.  I think I'm driving the neighbours crazy by calling but I don't really care.  Last night I crawled all through the hedgerows either side of the main road nearby to see if she'd been hit and crawled in there, but nothing. 

She's a very "needy", sociable cat and is usually very vocal so we're really worried.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
definately keep up with the posters and things, a few people on here have had cats living a few gardens away for weeks without realising - sounds like you've done pretty much everything else good luck

Offline mgw99

• Adult Cat
I forgot to say that she is microchipped and neutered and has no health issues that we know of.  She is almost 2 years old.

Offline mgw99

• Adult Cat
LOST tabby cat .... Syon Lane / Isleworth TW7/8 - FOUND!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 08:45:42 AM »
Hi,

Izzie has been missing since Tuesday 16th June.  She has never always come back within a few minutes of calling before and never been out at night so we're obviously very very worried.

As in the photo she is a tabby with white chest, socks and nose.  She was wearing a white collar with a pink tag with my surname, phone number and postcode but this may have been lost.  She's usually incredibly friendly although can be initially shy, especially without her sister around to back her up.

We've delivered leaflets, put up posters on lamposts and in local shops, knocked on all the doors in the surrounding streets and got people to check sheds and garages or checked them ourselves wherever possible (not everyone answered).  We've also called all of the rescues and vets and the "street cleansing" people at the council.  I've emptied the hoover bag and some litter into the garden and hung the blankets that our cats sleep on on the line.  We've been searching and calling all day and until about 11pm both nights.  I really don't know what else to do.

If anyone sees or picks up a cat matching this description, with or without a collar, please call 020 85802601/07795 972290 or email michellegward@gmail.com

Also, if anyone has any suggestions of what else we can do or how to cope with this while we wait please let me know..  This has all come on top of a difficult couple of years and I'm finding it very difficult to cope.

Thanks,
Michelle
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 22:11:21 PM by mgw99 »

Link to CatChat