Author Topic: Appeal for help finding runaway cat Another Update, HE'S HOME AGAIN!  (Read 27114 times)

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
Re: Appeal for help finding runaway cat UPDATE!!! GOT HIM!!!
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2009, 20:35:29 PM »
Wonderful news :wow: well done BM for initially starting this rescue and also well done Cazanna for helping, you both deserve a medal and im sure his owners must be so grateful for all your help and if possible would they send us photo,s  of the runaway :Luv:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2009, 20:29:09 PM »
Fantastic news  :cheer: Needle and haystack spring to mind and I'm sure without your, and cazanna's, help he'd still be out there frightened and alone.  A massive pat on the back to all involved  :wow:

Maybe you can convince his owners to join Purrs and let us now how he's doing  :)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2009, 20:13:59 PM »
Well done - it was a long shot but it paid off  :)

DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2009, 20:02:09 PM »
Fantastic, well done  ;D

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2009, 19:05:57 PM »
BRILLIANT -

THATS REALLY MADE MY DAY !!!

WELL DONE TO ALL INVOLVED

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2009, 19:05:27 PM »
 ;D Wonderful news!
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lupus, Jack, Fat Andy, Milky,Shenzy, Ollie, Teddy bear, Jemima Spider, Socks, Sam, Merlin, Mouse and Smudge
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2009, 18:59:43 PM »
GREAT NEWS!!!

the owners daughter came down this morning and when she checked the trap he was there  :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy:

so Bolivar is on his way home to be reunited with his slaves.  i was so happy when i got the message that i almost cried at work  :evillaugh:
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;  they have not forgotten this  - Terry Pratchett

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lupus, Jack, Fat Andy, Milky,Shenzy, Ollie, Teddy bear, Jemima Spider, Socks, Sam, Merlin, Mouse and Smudge
Re: Appeal for help finding runaway cat
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2009, 07:44:39 AM »
no luck this morning but i really wasnt expecting to get lucky staight away.  will check again later.
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;  they have not forgotten this  - Terry Pratchett

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2009, 22:11:53 PM »
Fingers crossed hes there in the morning ;)

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2009, 21:09:51 PM »
Best of luck with this xx

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2009, 21:05:31 PM »
thought you'd like a quick update. 

i went back at 5 this morning and the food was gone, might have been him, might have been a fox.  i went back this evening on my way home from work and the food that i put down this morning was still there and i wondered if we'd frightened him off last night.   the CP lady was coming with the trap at 7.30 and at 7.00 i got a phone call from animal search to say that a lady was in the alley right then and that Bilovar was eating the food i'd put down.  so off i trot and when i got there there were 2 adults and 2 kids shaking biscuits and calling him.  the woman said that when she'd come back with her family and the biscuits he'd run off  >:(.  i was so cross with them, stupid people.  i know they meant well but really  >:(.

anyway, the trap is set in a nice lady's garden and i'm going back in the morning to check on it.  the lady is going to be in all day tomorrow and said she will check the trap periodically.  i'll go back after work tomorrow to reset the trap (if it needs doing and to put more food in and the owners daughter will be coming down from hertfordshire in the afternoon so if the trap doesnt get him then hopefully hearing her will draw him out.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2009, 20:11:31 PM »
Good luck getting him, i would opt for the trap as although it may take longer if you grab him and he panics then you risk loosing all your trust  :(

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2009, 02:00:07 AM »
Oh glad there has been some sightings....poor baby will be starving by now!  :(

Good Luck with the ongoing search and I do hope he is caught soon!  :Luv: :hug:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2009, 22:54:34 PM »
fingers crossed he will hang around now he has a feeding station established - apart from keeping him in decent health it will hopefully keep him off the roads

it really does seem to be a matter of time only, and the weather has been kind too
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2009, 22:23:29 PM »
Got everything crossed that you can catch this little man and safely return him home :hug:

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2009, 21:57:42 PM »
Are you in contact with his owners?

yes, his owners travelled down on monday and we spent the afternoon looking in completely the wrong place.  i rang them tonight while i was trying to entice him out with the food and they said that if we don't have him by saturday then their daughter will travel here by train and hopefully she'll have more luck.

i'm so glad i've seen him for myself now, i just hope that the fact that he's been fed 2 nights in a row will make him think twice about wandering further afield.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 21:58:06 PM by Bonkers Mad!!! »

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2009, 21:53:13 PM »
i was going to suggest the trap - hopefully that will do the trick, fingers crossed xx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2009, 21:50:02 PM »
I have absolutely everything crossed that you can 'capture' him :wish: Are you in contact with his owners?

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2009, 21:48:12 PM »
after i posted earlier i decided to take a walk to the last place he was spotted.  after some door knocking i ended up back in the street where he was seen over the weekend and spotted a cat peeping at us from under a car.  he shot off up an alley and under a huge hedge but i'm almost positive it was him  ;D.  one of the ladies who saw him at the weekend saw us and came out to tell us that she got within touching distance last night, with some biscuits but he bolted when she tried to stroke him.  i've left some dry and wet food there for him and the lady will put some more out later.  i'm going to go back at around 5 in the morning and put some more food down just in case the foxes eat what's there.  the man from animal search is going to contact croydon CP tomorrow to see if they have a trap we can borrow to put in the nearest garden so hopefully he will be reunited with his slaves very soon.

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2009, 20:10:34 PM »
poor lad must be very hungry if he is eating stale bread

can't the bird feeding man at least be persuaded to put some cat food out for him?
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2009, 19:37:23 PM »
Bolivar was spotted at 5am yesterday morning by a man who was out feeding the birds.  i didnt get the call until gone 9 oclock and by then he was gone.  the man said he didnt run away and looked a bit forlorn.  as soon as the man threw his bread down Bolivar ate it.  i went around the houses in that area and he was seen by another 2 people over the weekend.  i will be putting some more posters in that area but i can't do it until the weekend as i started a new job today.  if i'm up early enough tomorrow morning i will take a walk up there and have another look around.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2009, 10:59:03 AM »
Any news on this?  :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2009, 16:21:43 PM »
had phone call earlier from a lady saying there had been a cat in her neighbours garden all morning.  she said she didnt think it had moved and would i go and have a look.  so off i go with the basket only to find that it was a piece of wood  :evillaugh:.  no wonder it hadnt moved.

today i got 25 posters and 200 leaflets throught the post so you can guess what i'm doing this morning.

That reminds me of once when I saw one of the ferals in the garden, he'd been there all morning laid on the soil so I rang OH thinking he was dead (OH is only 5 mins away) so he came home and he was just fast asleep (thankfully)  :-[

Hope you get a proper sighting soon xx

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2009, 14:36:01 PM »
had phone call earlier from a lady saying there had been a cat in her neighbours garden all morning.  she said she didnt think it had moved and would i go and have a look.  so off i go with the basket only to find that it was a piece of wood  :evillaugh:.  no wonder it hadnt moved.

today i got 25 posters and 200 leaflets throught the post so you can guess what i'm doing this morning.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2009, 21:52:46 PM »
Well done BM, it makes it all worth while when complete strangers pull out all the stops to help find a lost kittie and im sure his owners will be so touched by your actions, i just hope you can find the poor mite quickly :hug:

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2009, 21:40:44 PM »
the guy who's van they stowed away in brought some posters round to me today so i will put them up tomorrow.  the guy who started animal search uk rang me and is sending me some more posters and 200 leafletsso i'll distribute them as soon as they come.

Hope he's found soon, he must be so frightened in a strange area on his own 

that is why i'm doing it. the thought of him being lost, confused and frightened really distresses me.  just talking about it makes me want to go out looking for him again  :(

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2009, 20:56:19 PM »
What a lovely thing to do for someone you don't even know - big  :Flowers: to Bonkers Mad and Cazanna  Hope he's found soon, he must be so frightened in a strange area on his own  :(

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2009, 20:24:18 PM »
Topping up those positive homing vibes for Bolivars  return :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2009, 11:49:21 AM »
Sending positive vibes for Bolivar's safe return~~~~~ :hug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2009, 20:26:10 PM »
Well done BM .... at least the word is out so hopefully he will be found soon.  Keeping everything crossed xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2009, 19:47:08 PM »
well i knocked on 109 doors and did 1 block of flats (just one road).  my feet are absolutely killing me.  only 3 houses had nobody home and everybody i spoke to took my number and said they'd look out for him.  one woman thought she saw him yesterday.  i did see 2 posters and the other road had been leafleted.  fingers crossed eh?

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2009, 16:01:19 PM »
Fingers crossed he can be caught and sent home.  Would be great if a Purrs member can catch him.

Come on Bolivar look out for Bonkers Mad and let her catch ya and send you home to your mummy and daddy xxxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2009, 15:50:32 PM »
yes Carol,i'm going door knocking now

Offline cazanna67

• Adult Cat
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2009, 15:48:54 PM »
i sent you a message..his in the area of godrick and windham...bonkersmad.

Offline cazanna67

• Adult Cat
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2009, 15:47:13 PM »
i just got an email from them saying his been spotted in the area today, just up the road from me..so off i go..looking for boliva..

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2009, 15:45:56 PM »
i have received a reply from animal search uk:

Dear Sir/Madam

Many thanks for getting in touch with us about LD6971. Our searcher were in
your area yesterday and put up some posters in and around the industrial
estate. We have also forwarded some poster to an employee of one of the
units on the industrial estate so those should be put up when he returns to
work tomorrow.

If you would like to further help with the search for Bolivar, then maybe if
you could let me know if you have the facility to maybe keep hold of him if
we do get any sightings and someone manages to pick him up until a member of
our team is able to reach you (we are based 360miles away)and his owners are
in Barbados at present.

In the meantime, we have had several sightings of a cat matching the
description in the Godrick Crescent, and Windham Avenue area so maybe you
could keep your eye out for Bolivar if you are close to these two roads.

that is so not true.  i was there again at 6.30 this morning and i took a different route this morning to the one i took last night.  there are no posters on the industrial estate or in the surrounding streets.  i have replied and told them that and said that if he turns up in the area then i do have space to keep him until he is collected.

Offline cazanna67

• Adult Cat
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2009, 13:02:19 PM »
thats 3 of us thats emailed them now then, lets hope we get the reply of his been found..that would please me so much

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2009, 09:18:04 AM »
Fingers crosed he has been found

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2009, 09:08:25 AM »
i suppose there is always the possibility that he's been found and thats why they didnt put any posters up. however, he is still listed as missing on the animal search uk website.  i just think that if the owners have paid for the posters to be put up and they in fact havent been then that is outrageous.  i emailed animal search uk yesterday to ask why there were no posters despite their claim that searchers would be in the area yesterday and havent yet received a reply.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2009, 08:55:49 AM »
With ref to petsearch, when Wizzy went missing i contacted them about a cat that had been found about 10miles away who looked like him, i sent 3 e-mails about this cat and never once recieved a reply

Link to CatChat