Author Topic: cat carrier  (Read 3668 times)

Offline weesilvie

• Adult Cat
Re: cat carrier
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2008, 22:16:43 PM »
I have ones made by Gulliver and they seem to be especially sturdy - available on Amazon (but from a different supplier) in a couple of different sizes.  I've got a big one for Silvie and a smaller one for the guinea pigs.
You do have to put them together when they arrive with minimal instructions, bit like IKEA!  But they do come with spares of the bits which could possibly get lost or break.
I really like them.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2008, 22:01:09 PM »
I have seen a nice cage in a farmers place near here, the only snag is that unlike my current one where the whole end opens as a door , it has a door in the end. But it does have a tray underneath and it collapses. I think its probably a good price too unusually for this place.

I dont know if there are only branches round here but they seem now to have another group name above the door too.........and I have blooming forgot what it is!!

They have a range of wire covered with plastic cages from smaller to giant although the price increases accordingly!

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2008, 17:06:12 PM »
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 17:17:47 PM by 925dancer »

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2008, 16:53:49 PM »
I draw the line, I saw a trolley one that was perfect but I'm afraid even I'm not shameless enough to buy a buggy! Little point now anyway as I'll be getting all new when I go to NZ, sod shipping the cats stuff over when I'm not even shipping my own!

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2008, 16:49:40 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/pet-stroller_W0QQitemZ140283599949QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs?hash=item140283599949&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1296%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Check this out, Shona! :) (You can look like a completely crazy cat lady. ;))

This is my cat carrier, so far it isn't doing too badly. It opens at the top and on the side and was £14.99 from Lidl.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2008, 16:18:29 PM »
I have an Argos one which so far has been perfectly fine. My biggest issue is my arms are dropping off after a trip to and from the vet as I don't have a car so walk, would like a trolley type one but they are pricy.  :tired:

Catbird

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2008, 16:10:35 PM »
I have several but one of mine was a tenner from pets at home, is completely washable and really good value.

I am a big fan of toploading wire baskets  :)

And me!  They are big enough for big fat hairy cats too  :)

C.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2008, 08:24:31 AM »
The only problem I find with the metal ones is that I haven't come across one tht can fit a large cat in, the large ARgos one was the only one that could fit Tom (nearly 9kg) in. The Argos door is different to most plastic carriers, it doesn't have the silly clip fastenters.
Please spay your cat

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 19:00:48 PM »
I have several different types of carriers... somehow have collected a few! I prefer the metal covered in plastic grate type ones. They open at the top as well which definately makes it easier too- much less stress for puss cat and me!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 18:58:21 PM »
Make sure you check the door for safety, give it a good rattele when its locked, cos is there is a failing with some carriers thats where it can be.

If it comes open, take it back pronto.

Do that each time before using it especially if you store outside in a shed.
PAH carriers are starting to come out with maximum weight limits on them which i think is very good, would never put a cat over 4kg/one that doesnt travel smoothly in a plastic carrier, have seen and heard of too many escaping  :(

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 13:39:45 PM »
Make sure you check the door for safety, give it a good rattele when its locked, cos is there is a failing with some carriers thats where it can be.

If it comes open, take it back pronto.

Offline tinkers

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 13:38:11 PM »
thanx for all ur replys i went to pah and they had none left so got that one frm argos

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 13:03:03 PM »
Moving this to where it should be and you prob will get more replies  ;D

Actually from a newbie point of view this seemed a reallly good place to put it but from a resident here......sigh...........its quite funny  ;D

Just for those who will not understand , the post has been put in the Transport section  ;D.......now doesnt that just sound so sensible for a cat carrier  ;D

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 08:31:00 AM »
I always recommend the ones from Argos, and get the biggest you can - theirs is £13, and would be very hard to come apart. It even holds 9kg cats with plenty of room.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 08:05:39 AM »
I have several but one of mine was a tenner from pets at home, is completely washable and really good value.

That is the one that a stray escaped from last year. I had collected 2 strays from 2 different areas in Canterbury and was taking them both to the vet.  Admittedly, this was the first I had picked up and there was time to kill before picking the other one up so I fed her in the car. I am sure all the clips were done up but I was walking down the road and holding the carrierunder my arms as she was thrashing around so much. I got 2 doors away from the vet and she was gone. Anyway we searched and searched for her with no luck but a couple of months ago after being AWOL for over 6 months, a stray was reported a few doors away from the vet. I saw her and am 99% sure it was the same one  :Luv2: - She was recaptured by the old man feeding her and returned, no worse for wear (he had been feeding her well  :Luv2: ) - I am very wary of using it now - for angry strays at least  :evillaugh: - I am a big fan of toploading wire baskets  :)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 08:39:34 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 20:27:59 PM »
mine are from PAH too they are fine
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline tinkers

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 20:22:44 PM »
ive justhad a dumb moment sorry lol forgot bout pets at home i will go look tmorow

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 20:20:22 PM »

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 20:19:27 PM »
Tinkers I am sure you could pick one up on ebay or similar, but they are not that expensive really. Make sure you get one that is well constructed as we have had one or two members have one fall apart in mid-journey or open unexpectedly which is not good as it means one lost cat in unfamiliar territory. I juat have the cheap ones from Pets at Home, just make sure that they are all clipped together every time I use them, or lift them once they have cargo aboard.

Offline tinkers

• Adult Cat
cat carrier
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 20:15:36 PM »
ne boby no where i can get a cheap one ive looked on ebay  or does ne1 have one i cud buy off them ??? ;D

Link to CatChat