Author Topic: NOW FOUND - Ginger cat BRADFORD  (Read 10304 times)

Offline babyalfie

• Adult Cat
Re: NOW FOUND - Ginger cat BRADFORD
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2008, 19:44:55 PM »
Hi, we will definitely be active members of purrs in our hearts, we think it's brilliant and it really helped us get through such a difficult time. Everyones kind words really helped us keep going and I'm so glad we did. It will be a week tommorrow since we got alfiebaby back, he is so fine and seems just as  happy as we are to be home. He enjoyed playing out in the garden at the weekend, but I'm not letting him out of my sight for long! Could never bear loosing him again. We truly feel so lucky to have got him back after 3 and a half weeks he really is one in a million!!! ;)
I have attached a photo of Alf exploring his surroundings after his travels!!!!!

Offline Skates

• Adult Cat
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2008, 10:42:22 AM »
Sorry only just had chance to log on to this forum as I've been manic at work.

I'm so pleased and happy that you've found Alfie!!  It definitely sounds like he was trying to make his way home.  I know the relieve you feel when you get them back, I was like that when I got Basil back.  It really is the best feeling in the world.

I hope he's recovering well after his little adventure and I'm sure he is being spoilt rotten now that he's back :-) x

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2008, 14:19:01 PM »
I hope you'll stay an active member of Purrs, babyalfie, as you will be able to give hope to others in the same circumstances as you were  ;D

And, of course, we'd all like to hear more about the intrepid adventurer and orienteering expert, Alfie  ;)
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline babyalfie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2008, 22:28:47 PM »
Hi everyone, thanks for your comments.

I hope happy endings like this do give hope to the people missing their special ones.
I know that reading stories of reunited cats kept my spirits high and thought it is not impossible.

I believe Alfie was definitely trying to find his way home, he was travelling east-south-east, rather than the perfectly direct south-east to my house (but that would have meant going through the city centre). So i think he was making his way around the city centre, avoiding the busy noisy roads. Even if this wasn't the case and he was a little lost, he was going in the general right direction. He was found almost 4 miles north of my house and had travelled 3 miles from my friend's house (never again).
I honestly think he was doing his best to get home. He could have gone in any direction, but was venturing towards his home.

Like JuilaB said, i think we do need to put faith in cats' intelligence. Also, hope in people. I did get a few calls from people reporting similar cats, but whilst investigating and learning it wasnt my baby boy was demoralising and almost heart breaking, the fact that people were responding was a positive thing. One of those calls led me to Alfie.
So my advice is to keep going and dont give up hope, even though it is exhausting at times.
To help me overcome/reduce the sadness, i tried to imagine Alfie being happy on a crazy adventure.

I still cant believe he his home. I feel so so lucky. And i'm sure luck played an important part in it, and god; I said lots of prayers.
All i know, is that i believe Alfie was trying his best to get home and i was doing all i could to get him back.

I hope this story can help people through the hard times and give them hope that one day they may see their babies again.
 :Luv: lots of love to all cat lovers out here x x x
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 22:47:03 PM by babyalfie »

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2008, 16:36:56 PM »
Oh that is FANTASTIC news, I must have something in my eyes because they have gone all watery - I LOVE happy endings  :hug:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Marcia

• Distinguished Cat
  • R.I.P Jasmine 12/12/06 - 23/12/07
    • Pheonix-Gerbils
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2008, 16:26:43 PM »
that's fantastic news  ;D you must be so chuffed  ;D

Myspace Glitter Graphics

Loving mum to Holly, Tilly, Molly and Taco

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2008, 13:28:25 PM »
Wonderful  :Luv:  ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2008, 11:07:18 AM »
makes me cry everytime one is found .....BRILLIANT NEWS !

WELCOME HOME ALFIE XXXXX

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2008, 10:43:57 AM »
What fantastic news!  Was Alfie trying to make his way home, do you think?

:wow:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Juliab

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2008, 09:45:22 AM »
WOW...what a wonderful feeling that must be. It also gives hope to us all. Enjoy loving that beautiful lad..........you deserve it after all the stress of losing him for a while.

Cyber hugs.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2008, 08:23:09 AM »
Fantastic news  :)  :welcome: home Alfie  ;D

Offline babyalfie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2008, 20:41:50 PM »
Thanks again. The little wandering of Alfies was about 3 miles, so his little legs will be tired.
Not quite as tired as i am of missing him, but thats over now.
The little man is going to get lots of snuggles and love.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: LOST Ginger cat BRADFORD
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2008, 20:30:33 PM »
Woo Hoo what fabulous news ... I am so pleased for you and Alfie.

It goes to show that posters really do work and you should never give up hope of getting your loved one back home.

As Alfie has lost weight I would advice little and often when it comes to feeding him and make sure he has plenty of water available.

Thanks for the update and fingers crossed someone will think twice before going on his wanders next time!  ;)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline babyalfie

• Adult Cat
Re: (FOUND) Ginger cat BRADFORD
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2008, 20:09:30 PM »
 :thanks:

I cant believe it, but after 3 weeks and a bit, we found our baby boy!
A kind lady responded to my ad in the local paper after noticing a cat hanging around her house/street for the past 4 days.
We received the call and had doubts after getting a similar response to one of our posters the week before (was a homed ginger cat, and not alfie).
We even got a call saying Alfie was probably eaten by a fox (a great help)!
I just did not want to get my hopes up, only to get upset again.

Anyway, we went to the lady's house and to our amazement it was our Alfie!!!
He is a little dusty, has lost quite a bit of weight and looks tired, but considering all things he looks great.

I'm so happy i cant describe it, he is like a child to me and love him so much.
I cant believe i am so lucky to get him back and be one of those happy stories i have read about on this forum.

I would just like to thank the numerous cat lovers who have posted some excellent advice, real sincere comments and much appreciated support.
I hope Juliab (and everyone else who is experiencing the pain of loosing their loved ones) that they have a similar happy ending.

Once again, thank you for your support and kind comments that have helped to get me through this awful time.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 20:32:57 PM by babyalfie »

Offline babyalfie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2008, 13:06:41 PM »
Hi, Thank you for your support and good luck in finding your cat. This truley has been the worst experience ever!! I miss alfie so much, I just hope he is happy and safe where ever he is and prayer one day he will find his way home!!! I am putting another ad in our local paper this week so see if that brings any joy!!!

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 20:31:25 PM »
I am so sorry there is still no sign, try not to give up hope, I know its hard  :hug:

Offline Juliab

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 20:19:47 PM »
I really do understand because I am in the same position; mine will be a month next week and there has been nothing.

If you have tried all the rescue centres and vets etc, call the local dog warden at your local council on monday and ask him/her to look out for Alfie.

Stop the postman, the dustbin, local children. Give them leaflets. Always mention the reward. Local radion stations?

Also, if Alfie is insured, ring your insurance company and ask them if they will pay for a reward. Mine will and some will pay up to £250.

Find the local cat ladies in the areas and befriend them...see if anyone feeds cats outside their house and loiter at night.

Good luck....I can't think of anything worse than this. I may not have met you but I send you a cyber hug in solidarity.

Offline babyalfie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 19:03:42 PM »
Well it will be 3 weeks on sunday that my little baby dissapeared of the face of the earth! I am so heart broken and feel like i have tried everything,. Does any one have any advice of what they think we should do next? I don't think i can take any more false leads it's really is soul destroying. I miss Alfei so much and hate coming home to an empty house. I'm so sadddddddd. I want my baby home  :(

Offline babyalfie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 18:54:24 PM »
Thanks everyone for commenting on how handsom Alfie is too.
He is sooo gorgeous, especially for a boy cat.
Helps me think that im not the only one who thinks he is special.

Offline babyalfie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 18:52:13 PM »
Well today, the ginger cat spotted was on the scene again, after seeing him it was not actually my Alfie. It was such a look-a-like but not my baby.
So back to square one again.

So sorry to hear that your furbaby has been missing 3 weeks, i know exactly how you feel.
Your right, cats are intelligent animals, someone in another forum post told me their cat returned after travelling 6 miles, so there is hope.
There are success stories on this website, so i just hope there are many more to come.

Good luck with your cat and i hope the little chaps/ladies return soon for lots of missed cuddles.

Offline Juliab

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 10:08:09 AM »
Such a beautiful boy....I wish you luck with your searches and yes, he could well be making his way back to you. Mine has been missing three weeks now and I think we have to have faith in their intelligence and ability to seek food and warmth from various sources.

Take care and wishing you a reunion soon.

Offline babyalfie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 21:04:38 PM »
Thanks for the support, i'm new to this forum and everyone seems so helpful.
Its great to hear about success stories like Basil's return.

I have put posters up in the vicinity of where Alfie dissapeared, but listening to your advice i will produce smaller leaflets and post them. Early this morning a lady phoned to say she thought he was in her garden, but when i got to the house about half an hour later, the mystery cat had gone.  Scared I hope it was Alfie. After work i returned to the area but again, no ginger cat to be seen. The lady who called me was very nice and allowed me to put a blanket of Alfies and some food in their garage. Another hope is that the lady said the ginger cat was playing with an cat she was familiar with, if it is Alfie, hopefully a new friend may keep him in the area.

Alfie was being 'looked after' at a friend's house whilst i was on holiday, but her idot boyfriend let Alfie out almost straight away. My friend's house is a good few miles from my house but the place where the possible sighting of Alfie was in the right direction of my house, so my baby boy could be trying to make his way home. If it was him, he has already travelled about a mile, but is only about a fifth of the way home, with the city centre main roads in between. I will do all i can to get him back these next few days could be cruicial.

Thanks again for everyone's support and i will keep you posted.
Obviously if anyone reading this lives in the Shipley to Bradford area, please let me know if you see my Alfie.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 13:35:53 PM »
I wonder if Alfie is trying to make his way home?  Have you put a poster in your car?

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 13:22:30 PM »
How you doing, any news?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 22:09:47 PM »
Just seen your other post ... NEVER give up hun.  Cats have been know to reappear after weeks, months and even years.  I agree with Mrs R ....keep up with the poster / flyer campaign.

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 20:08:42 PM »
I am so sorry your furbaby is missing, I have been through the same with one of my guys recently - Poppy.    I got her back because of leafleting hun and I cannot stress enough about how important leafleting is.    It was the 3rd set of leafletst o the same places that where seen.

Don't give up hope, my oldest Bunty went missing for 10 days and came home and Poppy was 8 days, plus there are so many stories on here of cats longer missing.

Everyone here at Purrs will support you hun  :hug:

Alfie is such a handsome boy :Luv:

Offline babyalfie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 19:58:20 PM »
Thanks very much for your advice, i appreciate it.
The little man hasn't turned up yet, but i live in hope and i'm trying my best.
Thanks again for the info.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 21:24:22 PM »
Sorry to hear Alfie is missing.

Check out the hints and tips section on how to get your baby back - http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,4304.0.html

Keeping everything crossed for a swift and safe return  :hug:

Offline babyalfie

• Adult Cat
NOW FOUND - Ginger cat BRADFORD
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 20:09:13 PM »
Missing male ginger tabby cat. called Alfie. Has orange eyes with small white triangle on his chest. He has a very small (harmless) lump on his belly and is 2 years old. Nueted. Good sized cat with slightly fluffy fur.

Went missing 1st September in Bolton Woods area of Shipley. Someone was looking afer him while on holiday, his real home is in Bierley, Bradford. So Alfie could possibly be anywhere near these 2 locations by now.
Please help if you can.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 20:31:25 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »

Link to CatChat