Author Topic: Lost male cat, Long Eaton, Nottingham - NOW FOUND  (Read 24001 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Lost male cat, Long Eaton, Nottingham
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2008, 21:58:37 PM »
Havent you been door knocking then?  Or going out after dark when its quite and calling for him?

Offline Skates

• Adult Cat
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2008, 16:10:55 PM »
The search company phoned me earlier.  They spoke to a neighbour who lives 3 doors away from me and apparently Basil goes round their house and plays with their cat as well but they haven't seen him since Sunday either.  Everyday I'm finding out new things about my baby.  Makes me think that he must be locked in somewhere cuz he goes in anyone's house but then I think what if someone has kept him for themselves because he's so friendly!

Just been to the toilets for a right cry cuz I don't think I'm going to get him back  :'(

Offline Skates

• Adult Cat
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2008, 13:13:21 PM »
Exactly.  There's only me and him at home and he's definitely my little baby!

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2008, 13:09:38 PM »
  Someone even said it's only a cat when I told them!!  I had to stop myself from punching them!

No such thing as ONLY a cat - He is you little boy  :hug:xxxx

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Skates

• Adult Cat
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2008, 12:53:57 PM »
Thank you  :thanks:

Do appreciate you all listening to me :Luv:

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2008, 12:52:19 PM »
We are all sending out coming home vibes hun x

Offline Skates

• Adult Cat
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2008, 12:51:15 PM »
I'll definitely never give up hope.  Hearing stories of cats who have been away for so long and come back definitely gives me hope.

I won't want to let him out of my sight again when he comes back!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2008, 12:49:11 PM »
I am sure he will be home soon, keep looking and doing the things on the list  :hug:

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2008, 12:48:26 PM »
But don't give up if he isn't, remember my Poppy wa smissing for 8 days and Bunty longer and other cats on here were a hell of a lot longer.

Offline Skates

• Adult Cat
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2008, 12:46:01 PM »
Thanks hun.  I'm trying my hardest to have a good birthday because I know there's nothing more I can do about Basil but it's so hard knowing that he's out there somewhere but I don't know where.

Got my mum going round again during the day today, so I'm waiting and hoping again.

You're right about 5 days not being that long really, I'm just hoping he'll be back at the weekend when it's been 7 days and maybe the people are back off their holiday.

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2008, 12:40:16 PM »
Oh sweetie  :hug:

Want to wish you a Happy birthday but I understand how you might be feeling though today.

I know 5 days seems like a lifetime but on the other hand it isn't hun.

Offline Skates

• Adult Cat
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2008, 09:14:16 AM »
It's now day 5 and Basil still isn't home.  Everyday seems to get harder and harder.  Opened my birthday cards this morning and a couple of them had cats on them and one looked just like Basil, so I burst into tears.

The best birthday present ever would be for him to come home.

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2008, 23:25:02 PM »
Sending lots of vibes along with Gill x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2008, 23:23:50 PM »
Loads of vibes calling Baz home  :hug:

Offline Skates

• Adult Cat
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2008, 13:10:47 PM »
I can't believe they said that to you, that's awful!!

Offline Skates

• Adult Cat
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2008, 13:10:02 PM »
I read that you had started a new job, that must have been awful going through that and having to try and be happy.  I'm struggling at work now and I've been here 7 years!

Yeah that's exactly what I thought.  They don't deserve to have a cat.

Ah thank you, that's really kind.  I promise that I will log on and let everyone know if he comes back.  I'll be shouting it from the rooftops  ;D

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2008, 13:07:55 PM »
people say the funniest things, when I had a late miscarriage somebody said you can buy kids now can't you!!!!!!

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2008, 13:06:03 PM »
When Poppy went I had started a new job so had no one and had to stay looking happy but inside was screaming and crying hysterically.

Only a cat - hmmmmmmm sad that these people have never experienced "only a cat" as they'd understand - think of it as their loss hunnie.

I will be away the weekend but will log onto Purrs at my dads as much as I can.

Offline Skates

• Adult Cat
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2008, 13:03:28 PM »
I'll have my fingers and toes crossed at the weekend that that happens. 

No don't really have anyone I can talk to at work unfortunately.  Someone even said it's only a cat when I told them!!  I had to stop myself from punching them!

I keep ringing my mum up though, she's been really good bless her.  And I keep going off to the toilets for a little cry every now and then.

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2008, 13:00:47 PM »
If he is trapped somewhere someone might come home from holiday at the weekend and release him.

Do people at your work understand?   Do you have someone you can talk to during the day there?

Offline Skates

• Adult Cat
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2008, 12:54:42 PM »
Thanks for your kind words, makes me a feel a bit better.

He's going to get a serious telling off when he comes home (well after being smothered with kisses and hugs!)

Mum's just rang me, she's been round again to check but still no sign.  It's the not knowing that's really horrible.  Hate to think of him trapped somewhere, being hungry and missing his mum.

I just keep tellling myself that he'll be back this weekend.  Keep thinking that someone has gone away for the week as it was bank holiday and they'll be back this weekend and he'll be free.  Don't know what I'll do if it comes to Monday and he's not back though.

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2008, 12:44:01 PM »
My heart bleeds for you sweetie it really does.

Praying every day x  :hug:

The food bowl thing is horrible I know hun, with Poppy I went into denial for a few days, with Bunty I never lost hope - two very different reactions, you just never know how you are going to feel, take it hour by hour hun x

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2008, 12:08:22 PM »
My Thoughts are with you willing Basil to come home - the naughty lad  :hug:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 12:09:19 PM by Gail Bengal Slave »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2008, 09:28:20 AM »
don't be shy to knock and ask people to check while you are waiting hun, if he has form for being a nosey parker!

Offline Skates

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2008, 09:22:52 AM »
Well another day and Baz still isn't home  :'(

As you will know MrsR it's so horrible going home and seeing his food bowl untouched.  I put some fresh food out again for him this morning and I'm really hoping that I go home tonight and he's eaten it.  My mum's going to go round during the day again today.

I went out last night and put up more posters and asked the local shop to put a poster up in their window.  I was talking to a neighbour last night and he was saying that the house next door to him had been repossessed and that people had been round clearing out the shed/house etc.  He lent me a torch to look in the shed windows but he wasn't there.  I've put a leaflet through the door in case he's trapped in the house.  I'm really hoping he is just trapped somewhere as my neighbour was saying that Baz often goes into his garage when he's working in there.  Will be telling him off for being nosey and inquisitive when he finally comes home!!!

Fingers crossed he's back by tomorrow so I can have a good birthday.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2008, 21:13:20 PM »
I hope your posters work and hes home soon. (Its really important for accuracy on posters so you need to describe him as a tabby so people are looking for the right colour!)

:luck: :luck:

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2008, 18:35:31 PM »
Skates I know how you feel, as soon as I got in from work I'd check Poppys places but knew as soon as I saw food still in the bowls she wasn't back - all day at work she was all I thought about.

Honestly though do not give up please.   Before Poppy we had our oldest Bunty go missing - think the psts have been archieved now but she returned after 10 days - we think she'd got locked in someones garage as she was skin and bone totally when she came back at 2am.

Offline Skates

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2008, 16:33:13 PM »
Thank you all, I'm so glad Sam told me about this site.  It's brilliant.  Just being able to get hints and tips from other people who have been through this is helping.

I've checked with who he's insured with and they'll help with advertising costs and the reward, so that's good.  Need all the help I can get!

My mum's been round to check again today but he's still not been home.  It's so horrible not knowing where he is and whether he's scared etc.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2008, 16:28:03 PM »
Hi ya,

Gad you got my message with the hints and tips.

Most missing kitties are within 10 houses from home (in all directions) ... I would suggest knocking on your neighbours doors and asking them to either let you check their shed or if they could possible do it while you waited (remember big smile and use your charm on em). 

Good luck hun and fingers crossed your birthday wish will come true and he'll be back by Friday  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2008, 15:38:27 PM »
25th was the  Bank Holiday Monday....So chances are people were doing gardening....Get all your neighbours to look in their sheds and garages

Hope You find him soon xxx

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 13:14:28 PM »
there is another thread that springs to mind Pink Bear's cat Tilly was missing for months, she turned out to be in a garden a few doors down

Offline Skates

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 13:11:40 PM »
Thanks for your reply.  I'm definitely not giving up after reading yours and Poppy's story.  It's so horrible not knowing where he is and if he's ok.

I will definitely be putting up more leaflets tonight, I will do anything to get my baby back.

It's bad enough when I'm at work but it's even worse when I'm at home.  I keep expecting to see his little face at the cat flap.  I wouldn't even tell him off for waking me up at 5.30am like he usually does if he'd just come back.

It's my birthday on Friday but don't feel like I'll be able to celebrate or enjoy myself if Baz is still missing.  Getting him back would be the best birthday present ever!

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 12:49:35 PM »
Read that you have seen my Poppy's story hun so do not give up, I know what its like and how hard it is but leaflet, leaflet and leaflet again I cannot stress this enough.

Everyone on this site is brilliant and the support is so great so feel free to post as much as you like as it will help.  :hug:

Offline Skates

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 11:10:21 AM »
I've got my fingers and toes crossed that he is just locked in somewhere.  He hates being locked in tho.  When I had to try and keep him in once because he'd cut his paw, he howled and meowed so loudly and then managed to break through the cat flap!!  So if he is locked in somewhere, I hope he's making noises like that so someone hears him!!

It is a horrible feeling not knowing where he is or what's happened to him, I can't sleep and I feel sick.  I'm trying to concentrate at work but I just want to be at home trying to find him!

I've just read Poppy's story, that's excellent that she was found.  I'm really hope something like that happens to me and my little Baz.

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 11:07:02 AM »
Postive vibes that you find him safe and sound real soon.

I cannot imagine how you must be feeling - I know how I would feel - but when it is happening times it by billions. I have to admit I feel sick every time I see a lost kitty post  :'(
xxxxxxxxxxx mega  :hug:
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 11:21:44 AM by Gail Bengal Slave »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 11:02:30 AM »
one of mine got locked into a neighbours once, he peed on her bed!  he was looking at us out of the window but couldn't get out, luckily we had her daughters phone number so she came over with the key to let him out - Mrs R's cat poppy was missing for a week and was locked in some kind of caravan showroom so it does happen!

Offline Skates

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 11:00:13 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.  I got into work this morning to an email from Sam with options to try.  I went home last night and pushed leaflets through everyone's house on my street and a few of the streets around where I live.  I am going to go home tonight and put up leaflets on lamposts etc and in my local shop.

I've rang round vets, RSPCA etc but no-one has phoned them about him.

I'm definitely going to go home tonight and empty my hoover bag into my garden and put a piece of unwashed clothing out.

When I was handing out leaflets last night a lady said that she's seen him before as he sometimes goes through her bedroom window at night!  He's a cheeky cat but I didn't realise he was that cheeky!  So I'm just hoping that maybe he's locked in somewhere and they'll find him soon.  Going out of my mind with worry tho  :'(

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 10:56:22 AM »
Hi sorry you've joined under such sad circumstances - have you looked at Sam's tips for finding lost cats?  over the last few weeks we've had a few successes and I know that one person leafleted the same place three times before they realised they'd seen her can and she got it back - good luck!

Offline Skates

• Adult Cat
Lost male cat, Long Eaton, Nottingham - NOW FOUND
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 09:53:55 AM »
 :'(

Basil, one year old, neutered male.

Tabby/Tortoise shell, mainly black and brown with white paws, white chest and white nose.  Wearing a black fabric elastic collar with a bell, magnet for his cat flap and a Missing Pets Bureau Tag.

Quite a big cat but not fat.  Very friendly.

Last seen midnight 24th August/into 25th August on Overdale Close, Long Eaton, Nottingham, NG10 3JJ.

Reward offered for his return.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 10:01:42 AM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »

Link to CatChat