Author Topic: Missing Black & White cat in Whitstable, Kent - FOUND!  (Read 7305 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Missing Black & White cat in Whitstable, Kent - FOUND!
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 09:22:03 AM »
I'm amazed a 20lb cat could be bothered to escape!!!  glad he is back home for now Mark

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 14:53:13 PM »
Thanks Sam  :)

I will remind them to take down all the posters as they are still up in people's windows etc  :tired:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 14:53:41 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 12:00:35 PM »
Great news Mark ... so pleased he is safe and back home.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 10:34:49 AM »
The lady of the woman that died lives locally. She went into the derelict house last night and coaxed the cat out. He is at her house now. My neighbours think he would be better off with her but she won't take him due to having her own cats. Our neighbours are reluctantly taking him back to see how it goes. I told them that if it doesn't work out, we can try direct rehoming. They think he will be trying to escape at every opportunity so will see how it goes.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 09:51:10 AM »
There was a sighting yesterday. He was in the derelict house next door but ran when they tried to get him. The worrying thing is he weighs over 20lb so no food is dangerous for him. I told them to make sure there is food available - a as he needs to eat and b to keep him in the area. They asked to borrow the trap I offered 3 days ago. I told them I don't actually have it but can get one. They have declined again and want to try themselves. One of the probs is there are 2 tortie sister that hang around always after food (I'm sure their owner doesn't feed them well enough as they are always begging me for food)

« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 10:32:23 AM by Mark »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Missing Black & White cat in Whitstable, Kent
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 19:56:50 PM »
If he is chipped make sure the company have new address details

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 11:30:11 AM »
Yes they are doing all the usual stuff. Also Daphs brother is down this weekend and I was introduced as someone who is also "cat mad"  :-[ - he was wearing a fleece covered in cat hair  :evillaugh: - he also teaches about animals at Durham uni so a real animal person  :)

Apparently Saabi is 20lb + with a big hanging belly. Hopefully he will be sniffing around for food and we can nab him!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 12:48:59 PM by Mark »

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 10:59:38 AM »
I assume you have given them all the usual advice Mark .... POSTERS POSTERS POSTERS.

Fingers crossed they get him back soon.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Missing Black & White cat in Whitstable, Kent - FOUND!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 23:53:23 PM »
My neighbours 3 doors away adopted a cat last week from friends in London. Their aunt died and they were trying to keep the cat in their flat but he was really unhappy. Jon & Daph bought the cat to Whitstable and kept the cat flap locked. He is a very nervous cat and had been hiding behind furniture all week. The don't know how the flap came unlocked.

Edit - pic added. He is called Saabi (born in a Saab)

The lady's sister is very upset.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 10:32:08 AM by Mark »

Link to CatChat