Author Topic: NOW FOUND!!! Lost - British shorthair grey and white tabby - Broxbourne, Herts  (Read 7872 times)

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
BRILLIANT !!!

Another one home safe and sound  :Luv:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Woo Hoo .... what wonderful news ... sorry I missed your previous post about her being back home.

It just goes to show you should NEVER give up hope that your furbabes will come back.

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: NOW FOUND!!! Lost - British shorthair grey and white tabby - Broxbourne, Her
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2008, 12:55:01 PM »
You just have to edit the first post you made, I've done it for you  ;D  So pleased she is home and stayed home while you were away  :)

Offline Trazza

• Kitten
FOUND !! British shorthair grey and white tabby - Broxbourne, Herts
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2008, 12:51:48 PM »
I'm trying to change the title to found but its not happening, do I need to start a new topic?

Offline Trazza

• Kitten
HOME!! - British shorthair grey and white tabby - Broxbourne, Herts
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2008, 09:23:40 AM »
Well, we're back from our holiday, my two cats are back together and getting on like before.  My parents weren't able to keep Sally in but she didn't run away again so all is well. 

She is a bit matted as she was missing for a month, so I'm taking her to the vets tomorrow to get her groomed.

I am soooo happy and relieved she's back, such a huge weight of my mind!!

Thanks everyone on here for your support  :Luv: :thanks:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Re: Lost - British shorthair grey and white tabby - Broxbourne, Herts
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2008, 18:59:20 PM »
I am so glad she is home.  You might wish to tell your parents to keep her in while you are away?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Trazza

• Kitten
HOME!! - British shorthair grey and white tabby - Broxbourne, Herts
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2008, 18:54:45 PM »
I can't believe it!!! After a month, someone found Sally in the woods some way from our home.  They took her to vets who scanned her and brought her home to me.  I am sooooo happy.  All those people who told me to accept that she had gone, grrrrrr.  She's a lot thinner and sort of changed personality, let me pick her up for the first time ever.  Her brother isn't so keen she's back he's gone into hiding.

Its a shame we're off on hols tomorrow as I just want to spend loads of time with her.  My parents are going to pop round and see her though, just hopes she doesn't run off again!!

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2008, 09:58:49 AM »
Hiya and  :welcome: to Purrs.

If you want to chase up the avenue that Sally may have been stolen there are a few more things you can do. Ask your local radio station to tell their listeners to be aware. BBC stations may be more willing to help than local ones. Also see if the local paper will do a little story or place an ad. Go to shops-particularly pet shops with adverts in the window and put and advert up yourself before they get a chance. It might be worth saying something like "if she is returned to my garden and found safe and well charges will not be pressed".

You can also contact some of the larger British Shorthair groups such as http://www.british-shorthairs.co.uk and http://www.britishshorthaircatclub.co.uk/ who may be able to help.

Good luck and Josh, my bsh, sends a special furry headbutt to keep you going  :hug:
Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

Offline Rachel12

• Kitten
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2008, 21:53:20 PM »
Hi .. sorry to hear you have lost your tabby! - I also cried buckets when I lost babs.. total meltdown... she went missing on 11/08 and is still missing . but I wont give up hope she will come home.  I have read some amazing stories on various web sites about lost cats coming home after being gone weeks even months  - so try and be as positive as you can..  I know its heart breaking ..  Leaflets are so good to do.. I am still getting calls on possible sightings.. gives me hope that people are still looking and caring enough to call..   Some great advice on here from people too.. I have even hung out smelly socks with scent on advice for lost cats.. Madness but actually lots of people do stuff like this..   I have asked local village pubs to put leaflets up for me .. Tescos..  Petrol Stations..  Even local Radio station has put announcement out.   All local vets and rescue centres have leaflets too..  I keep busy with stuff .. It helps me as the more I do for her the better I feel... 

Good Luck .. and dont give up hope.. !  The guys on here are great ... really supportive..  we all understand ..!!

Take Care.. 

Offline Trazza

• Kitten
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2008, 20:26:44 PM »
I have put up a few more posters and one in the local newsagents.  Also in the local paper although I'm not sure its gone in for sure as I haven't seen one yet

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2008, 20:21:15 PM »
I am so sorry to hear that she has not come home yet.  Keep the faith, though - Zsa Zsas family had given up and I cannot describe their joy when they came round here to pick her up after three months  ;D  I so hope you will not have to wait that long - have you extended your poster area?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Trazza

• Kitten
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2008, 20:13:53 PM »
Still no news on Sally, its been over 2 weeks now  :(

As I can't ever her imagine she'd wandered off, I\m now thinking if she's still alive, might have been stolen which at least if she has she might be looked after.  I wish I just knew!!!

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2008, 21:55:15 PM »
I couldn't even start to tell you how many tears I have cried over the last week - hun you cry if you want too  :hug:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2008, 21:54:16 PM »
As i was told when i first joined here if your batty or crazy then your very welcome,its only people who have never experienced the unconditional love given to you by any animal who  would consider you crazy for caring enough to cry just because your cats missing ,ive wept buckets for my 2 that went to the bridge and i dont care who knows it,to me they were not animals they were my family, so if you feel like weeping do so, :censored: to them all
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Trazza

• Kitten
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 21:49:16 PM »
Thank you all, its nice to be understood!  I'm surrounded by people who think I might be crazy!  I had one bad day when I cried all day and trying to look after 2 small children too was quite tough.  Getting better each day, I can't believe how much this has affected me to be honest.  At the end of the day, a member of our family is missing and I feel very sad.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 20:50:50 PM »
Hi ,my heart goes out to you :hug:i know what its like to wait for news wondering and not knowing  as ive been there myself, but the support i recieved on here has been tremendous,and no matter what anyone says NEVER give up hope,i will be thinking of you and praying for a positive  outcome
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 19:05:44 PM »
I am sorry to welcome you to Purrs in these circumstances.  Please do check out the advice at http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,4304.0.html

I can tell you that the year before last, a cat - Zsa Zsa - turned up in our garden and I was able to reunite her with her family.  She had been missing for three months.  She had gone walkabout and was 100% healthy and well  :hug:

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 19:02:02 PM »
I even went round neighbours garages myself late at night calling underneath the front - must have looked like a crazy women laying down in front of garages but I thought if it was late and quiet I might hear them if they were stuck in and the neighbours hadn't bothered to look.

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 19:00:01 PM »
Try not to give up hunnie I know its easy to say and trust me I know how you are feeling I really do, my Poppy went missing for 8 days and Bunty went missing for 10 days, there are stories on here of cats missing for months and returning.

If she is locked in someones shed or garage and they have gone away for 2 weeks then thats 14 days grace - thats how I kept trying to think about it.

My Bunty never went anywhere further than the drive so I thought it was odd that she'd gone missing too so understand your thinking on it all.

There is no rhyme or reason and your head thinks in somersaults doesn't it but please try not to give up  :hug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 18:59:02 PM »
Don't give up ... it's only been 10 days .... cats have been know to come back after much longer than this.

Have you been round all your neighbours and asked them to check their sheds and outhouses ... better still to let you check them.  Do you know of anyone who is on holiday at the moment.  Also if there are any empty properties check them out ... they may have a catflap that she has gone through and can't get back out.

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Trazza

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 18:52:05 PM »
Thanks for the replies, I'm starting to come to terms with it slowly.  Its the not knowing what's happened which is doing my head in.  Everyone's saying she's not likely to come back now.  She never goes anywhere apart from the back garden so its all so odd.  I'm wondering if she might have been stolen.  She is chipped but if she's sold to a new owner then she's unlikely to be scanned at any time.

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 10:29:24 AM »
So sorry you are going through this  :hug: read through opsts in the Lost & Found section for ideas, inspiration and support hun and post here a lot - you will get the support you need.

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 08:06:11 AM »
Trazza   :welcome: to Purrs.

Sorry to hear your kitty is lost.  There is some fantastic advice from Sam (Fussy Furball) on the lost and found pages which you can follow.  Good luck x

Offline Trazza

• Kitten
Normally a house cat who only goes out into the back garden, Sally went missing on Thurs 7th August.   :(

She is a blue silver tabby British shorthair.  We all miss her very much especially her brother.

We have put up posters, posted flyers, called rspca, vets etc.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 12:53:51 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

Link to CatChat