Author Topic: Missing Cockatiel  (Read 7674 times)

Offline Tinamary

• Adult Cat
    • Aviary website
Re: Missing Cockatiel
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2008, 20:36:45 PM »
Still no sign of Charlie but still hunting, please keep your ears and eyes open still. :'(

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2008, 22:47:11 PM »
Yay good news for the other owners but  :( :( for you.  Come on Charlie time to get your feathery bum home now!!!

Keeping everything crossed for you  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Tinamary

• Adult Cat
    • Aviary website
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2008, 13:18:37 PM »
since i have been searching for Charlie i have managed to reunite two owners and their lost birds.  I am really pleased for them but still really sad i can't find mine.

Please everyone don't forget to keep your ears and eyes open

Offline Tinamary

• Adult Cat
    • Aviary website
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 20:22:10 PM »
I am so grateful for any information, you really don't need to apologise

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2008, 20:02:24 PM »
So sorry to have built your hopes up but at least you know people are looking out for him.
Hope you have better news soon :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2008, 15:53:29 PM »
Sorry to hear this  :(  Hope Charlie is found ASAP  :hug:

Offline Tinamary

• Adult Cat
    • Aviary website
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2008, 15:39:46 PM »
I have just been to look at the one in vets.  Sadly it is not mine and im back to square one.  I have left a picture of mine and my phone number in case another is found in the area.

Thanks for the info Teresa, my friend from Lower Moss Nature Reserve had told me about it yesterday.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 15:41:31 PM by Tinamary »

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2008, 15:28:09 PM »
Tinamary have pm`d you full details.

Offline Tinamary

• Adult Cat
    • Aviary website
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2008, 13:35:36 PM »
Yes i have a great one on my partners website. www.cjroundlandscapes.co.uk  its in the aviary section.
I know you will probably remove the link but the site would not let me PM you.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2008, 13:29:31 PM »
Do you have any pictures of him ... it might be an idea to take a few along with you when you go to see him so you can "prove" he's yours.

Offline Tinamary

• Adult Cat
    • Aviary website
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2008, 13:28:00 PM »
I was thinking that myself, but i should think so.  If he doesnt it would be sad as i have been feeding him everyday for years. lol

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2008, 13:23:06 PM »
oooh fingers crossed it's Charlie .... will he recognise you if it is him?

Offline Tinamary

• Adult Cat
    • Aviary website
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 13:10:40 PM »
Thanks for your replys and good wishes
Just to update you all there has been a bird found that sounds very much like mine but the vet nurse has taken it home and she is off work until monday.
The suspense is killing me.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 02:05:36 AM »
Cockatiels will usually fly up and up when in strange surroundings....does sound weird though!  :wow:

Sending positive vibes for your birdies safe return~~~~Good Luck!  ;)

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 22:24:49 PM »
I used to keep budgies. Unfortunately the summer is a classic time for birdies to escape. The weather warms up and people open their windows without remembering this birdies are out of their cage.  :(

I'm really keeping my fingers crossed it's the same bird, but 12 miles is an awful long way for a previously caged bird to fly as they don't have the strength in their wings.  :(

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 21:59:40 PM »
Helen think it was found but dont want to build hopes up,12 miles isnt far in fact its much less as crow flies.Wish I had paid more attention but struggling in with carriers etc and rushing too much.

Sounds promising although as you say best not for Charlie's owners to build their hopes up  :hug:

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 21:54:26 PM »
Hello Tina and   :welcome:  to the forum

I am sending positive vibes to you in the hope that Charlie will return safe and sound    :hug: :hug: :hug:

Please keep us updated

:luck:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 21:53:07 PM »
Helen think it was found but dont want to build hopes up,12 miles isnt far in fact its much less as crow flies.Wish I had paid more attention but struggling in with carriers etc and rushing too much.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 21:50:05 PM »
I just did a google map search and broomedge/lymm is about 12 miles from you Teresa.  Wouldn't it be fantastic if this was Charlie  :wow:  Do you remember if it was a found poster rather than a lost poster?

:welcome: to Purrs by the way, have everything crossed that Charlie is back with you ASAP  :)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 21:38:20 PM »
Is that Lymm in Cheshire ? My vet has a poster in window about a cockatiel will check it out tomorrow, you never know miracles happen. Hope he turns up

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 21:25:21 PM »
Hi Tina,

Sorry to hear your Cockatiel is missing ... have you posted him on the National Pet Register (I notice there are often found birds on there site)

http://www.nationalpetregister.org/index.php

The advice I normally give to people with missing cats can be be applied to most pets really so I have included the main points:

Sorry To hear your furbabe has gone AWOL.

Here are a few things to try:

1. Posters, Posters, Posters with picture and details with contact number.....hand out to neighbours and anyone you see. Put up in local shops, pubs and supermarkets. Stick to all local lamp posts. (If it rains go and collect them and replace however it's best to put posters in plastic wallets so if it rains they don't go all soggy - the neighbours and council don’t mind you putting them up so much that way).  Also put one in your and friends cars - it amazing how many people see them this way. Make smaller flyers and push through every letterbox on your streets and the surrounding area.   It is a good idea to offer a reward … of course this doesn’t have to be money … a box of cho-colates or a bunch of flowers is just as good.

2. Knock on doors and ask neighbours to check their sheds and garages gardens WHILE YOU WAIT … it's surprising how many people say they will check but as soon as the door is closed they forget.   Knock on 10 doors either side of your house on both sides of the street.

3. Register him lost at all vets/catteries/rescue homes within a 20mile radius.  Follow the link and click on the map to find rescues in your area catchat.org/adoption/index.html

4. Leave food out and a toy of his

5. Leave out an unwashed item of your clothing

6. Put the contents of your hoover bag on your garden - it’s full of smells that they will recognise and if doesn’t bring him directly to your door will at least hopefully keep him in the area. Alternatively if you have a litter tray that has used put some of the used litter on the garden as this will have familiar smells in it.

7. Contact the local fire brigade and see if they have had to rescue any stuck cats

8. Ask the local children to look - they are great for knowing all the local hidey-holes and love helping. Also have a word with your local post-person and milk man if there is one that delivers in your area.   Also try and enlist the help of people walking dogs as they tend to go “off road” in the fields and parks.

9. Ask the local radio station to announce he’s missing and give out a contact number

10. Put an advert in the local paper

11. Contact your local environmental services dept (bin men) they keep a log of all animals picked on the roadside ... I know this is not a pleasant call to make and hopefully it will come back as negative.

12. Go out after dark when it is quieter with a friend / partner and walk round the local area gently calling every so often (give him a chance to answer you). Keep talking as you walk round that way if he is in the area he will hear you.

13. When you talk to vets and rescues, ask them about any known local feral colonies and where they are based. If Kitty has been missing for more than a few days s/he might have wandered further afield and might be “hanging round” near a colony for security (safety in numbers) and company. If vets/rescues know locations of colonies, these might be useful to get some ideas of where to start looking.

14. If you have Pet Insurance check your policy to see if they will assist with advertising costs or reward costs for a lost cat.  Some policies cover as much as £1000 of local advertising and upto £500 reward.

15.  With a missing bird it might be an idea to the RSPB to see if there are any local ornathology / birdwatching groups in your area and ghen let them know about your little friend  ... people that go birdwatching will soon spot Cockatiel  ;)

Finally have a look at these sites - they are all EXCELLENT - most of the these sites are Cat sites but some of them are PET sites.

catchat.org/forum.html

purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php

mymoggy.com/  contact Sue at mymoggy.

thehovel.com/bb/index.php?f=28&ppage=20&sort=lastpost&order=DESC

nationalpetregister.org

soyouhavelostyourcat.co.uk/#1

petsearchuk.org.uk/

amissingpet.co.uk/lostandfound.html

animalsearchuk.com/

pet-rescue.org.uk/forums/index.php?showforum=308

lostmycat.org/index.php

animalrescuers.co.uk/html/lostfound.html

foundandlostpets.co.uk/

1.freewebs.com/pettalk/missingpetsbulletinboard.htm

petsmiles.com/v1/found.php

Also don't forget to check ad websites, such as.....

friday-ad.co.uk

adtrader.co.uk

uk.freeads.net

classifieds.co.uk

and also your local rescue shelter/s websites too!

Good luck and stay positive.

Hopefully your little one has just got itself shut in a shed somewhere.

And finally ……. IMPORTANT NOTE: When you get your furbabe featherbabe back remember to remove ALL the posters and inform all vets / rescues / websites etc that they are home.

Offline Tinamary

• Adult Cat
    • Aviary website
Missing Cockatiel
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 19:57:49 PM »
Hello I am new to the forum and just wanted to say i think its great.
What brought me to the site?
My missing cockatiel and a freind who told me about it.
He is called charlie and i have not seen him since he escaped on the 30/06/08 from Broomedge in Lymm. 
I have searched the internet and put posters up but to no avail.
Since i have been looking for him i noticed that there is no Co-ordinator for birds that go missing.
Something needs to be done to help owners find missing birds, i am willing to do this and would love some ideas about the best way to go about it.
PS I do know its a cat forum and i have four of them.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 20:03:47 PM by Tinamary »

Link to CatChat