Author Topic: My cat is missing - Southend - NOW HOME  (Read 7236 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: My cat is missing - Southend - NOW HOME
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2008, 18:46:48 PM »
Fantastic news!  ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2008, 18:10:00 PM »
So pleased that Keith is home  ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2008, 17:54:42 PM »
Great news  :)

We have 2 tortie sisters that visit our garden called Justin & Jeremy. I told my neighbour that as they are torties, it is highly unlikely they are boys  :evillaugh:

DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline HaneyHarperIndyMum (Val)

• Senior Cat
  • Harper Boy
Re: My cat is missing - Southend
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2008, 20:58:50 PM »
Oh that is wonderful news!  I am so happy for you and Keith to finally be reunited.  You must be so overjoyed. Thank you for wishing my Harley and me well, and I still pray I will be as lucky as you and one day my Harley will find his way back home.  I am really so very happy for you.  It must feel wonderful to have peace back in your heart that your baby has come home.  ((((huggles))))

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2008, 20:12:47 PM »
Woo Hoo Welcome home Keith.  I'm so pleased she is back home safe and well.

I hope you won't be a stranger now you've found us ... it's very nice here  ;)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2008, 20:09:24 PM »
Katherine, I am so very, very pleased for you  :wow:

xC
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline intrepidfox1978

• Kitten
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2008, 19:34:19 PM »
Thanks Michelle. Yes will definitely do that this weekend xxxxx

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 19:31:44 PM »
Really pleased she has come home -
Might be worth getting her Mirco-chipped and also add a disc with your phone number to her collar  xxxx

Offline intrepidfox1978

• Kitten
Re: Keith has come home....yay!!!
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 19:26:23 PM »
I am really really pleased to report that after 6 very long days and nights, Keith has finally found her way home!  :) When I woke this morning, the little monkey was asleep at the bottom of my bed. I thought I was still dreaming when I first saw her.  She is looking a little thin, and was very hungry and tired, but the main thing is she is ok. I can only imagine she got locked in somewhere.  The nicest part about it is that I think she missed me just as much. She didnt want me to go to work this morning as she climbed on my lap and fell asleep. I was 15 mins late as I didnt want to leave her either! She is sitting on my lap now as I type this, and just said a big meow to you all for proving your support. I'm not sure if her sister Frodo is as pleased to see her back...Frodo was top cat for an entire week but all that will change now Keith 'the boss' is back.  I now have an evening ahead of me deleting adverts I have posted on the internet and then taking down all the posters I have put around the community...might take me some time!

Val - I really hope you find your gorgeous Harley soon.  I am sending out positive vibes to you both for his safe return xxx I know everyone says this, but do keep positive. They are hardier than we give them credit for and I am sure he is looking after himself well xx
Gail - You're right,  I am really cruel giving her a boys name, but being a cat owner for the first time, I didnt know her sex when I got her as a kitten and honestly thought she was a boy.  By the time I found out that she is in fact a girl, she had already got used to her name so I couldnt really change it!  Anyway, I found out that the meaning of her name is 'battle' - quite apt I thought as she likes to clip her sister round the ear every now and again and chase strange cats out of the garden.

Thanks again everyone xxx  :thanks:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 19:28:47 PM by intrepidfox1978 »

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 16:38:32 PM »
Any news on the gorgeous Keith. She is one stunning little lady, poor baby having a boys name bless  :hug:

I so hope she is found safe and found real quick xxxx :hug: :hug:

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline JadesMum

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 15:05:42 PM »
probably already said or you may have done - do some posters and post in ALL your neighbours letter boxes - My Lucy was missing for only 2 days and I did this.
She was locked in a neighbours shed.
It was only 2 days and I missed her so much - always worth a try.
Amanda
Amanda xx

Photos:-   http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn33/jadesmum_photos/

Mum to:-
Jade (Daughter age 7)
Lucy (Tabby Cat age 3)
Tibby (Male cat Black & White age 3 1/2  -  Latest addition)

Offline Marcia

• Distinguished Cat
  • R.I.P Jasmine 12/12/06 - 23/12/07
    • Pheonix-Gerbils
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 18:10:16 PM »
I hope you find your poor moggie  :hug:

Myspace Glitter Graphics

Loving mum to Holly, Tilly, Molly and Taco

Offline HaneyHarperIndyMum (Val)

• Senior Cat
  • Harper Boy
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 17:17:05 PM »
Oh I do hope you find your sweet Keith.  I also have my cat Harley missing.  I know how heartbreaking it is.  It is so very hard.  I always say my prayers that ALL lost pets are reunited with their owners so I don't loose my hope and neither should you. 

Sam I love you long list of things to do when your cat goes missing!  It is the best I have seen.  There are even things on it that I have not tried...I better get busy!  Thanks for posting it.

Val
xx

Offline intrepidfox1978

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 10:54:42 AM »
Thanks everyone for your support. It is very much appreciated xxxx

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 10:37:29 AM »
Sending positive vibes for your furbabes safe return~~~~~Good Luck!  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 18:02:20 PM »
Katherine,

I have modified your post to remove your telephone number ... if anyone has any details regarding your little one they can contact you via the PM (personal message) button..

Good luck and fingers crossed Keith will be back home soon

Modified - after discussion it has been agreed that members can post personal details in order to assist with the reuniting of pets and owners :)  I have therefore reposted your phone number.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 13:59:05 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 17:41:07 PM »
Well done Sam - I cut and pasted the link to your tips list.  But unfortunately I missed out the pasting part of the operation  :-[  Anyway, lets hope the wanderer returns soon.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 17:31:57 PM »

Sorry To hear your furbabe has gone AWOL.

Here are a few things to try:

1. Posters, Posters, Posters with picture and details with contact number.....hand out to neighbours and anyone you see. Put up in local shops, pubs and supermarkets. Stick to all local lamp posts. (If it rains go and collect them and replace however it's best to put posters in plastic wallets so if it rains they don't go all soggy - the neighbours and council don’t mind you putting them up so much that way).  Also put one in your and friends cars - it amazing how many people see them this way. Make smaller flyers and push through every letterbox on your streets and the surrounding area.   It is a good idea to offer a reward … of course this doesn’t have to be money … a box of cho-colates or a bunch of flowers is just as good.

2. Knock on doors and ask neighbours to check their sheds and garages WHILE YOU WAIT … it's surprising how many people say they will check but as soon as the door is closed they forget.   Knock on 10 doors either side of your house on both sides of the street.

3. Register him lost at all vets/catteries/rescue homes within a 20mile radius.  Follow the link and click on the map to find rescues in your area catchat.org/adoption/index.html

4. Leave food out and a toy of his

5. Leave out an unwashed item of your clothing

6. Put the contents of your hoover bag on your garden - it’s full of smells that they will recognise and if doesn’t bring him directly to your door will at least hopefully keep him in the area. Alternatively if you have a litter tray that has used put some of the used litter on the garden as this will have familiar smells in it.

7. Contact the local fire brigade and see if they have had to rescue any stuck cats

8. Ask the local children to look - they are great for knowing all the local hidey-holes and love helping. Also have a word with your local post-person and milk man if there is one that delivers in your area.   Also try and enlist the help of people walking dogs as they tend to go “off road” in the fields and parks.

9. Ask the local radio station to announce he’s missing and give out a contact number

10. Put an advert in the local paper

11. Contact your local environmental services dept (bin men) they keep a log of all animals picked on the roadside ... I know this is not a pleasant call to make and hopefully it will come back as negative.

12. Go out after dark when it is quieter with a friend / partner and walk round the local area gently calling every so often (give him a chance to answer you). Keep talking as you walk round that way if he is in the area he will hear you.

13. When you talk to vets and rescues, ask them about any known local feral colonies and where they are based. If Kitty has been missing for more than a few days s/he might have wandered further afield and might be “hanging round” near a colony for security (safety in numbers) and company. If vets/rescues know locations of colonies, these might be useful to get some ideas of where to start looking.

14. If you have Pet Insurance check your policy to see if they will assist with advertising costs or reward costs for a lost cat.  Some policies cover as much as £1000 of local advertising and upto £500 reward.

Finally have a look at these sites - they are all EXCELLENT

catchat.org/forum.html

purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php

mymoggy.com/  contact Sue at mymoggy.

thehovel.com/bb/index.php?f=28&ppage=20&sort=lastpost&order=DESC

nationalpetregister.org

soyouhavelostyourcat.co.uk/#1

petsearchuk.org.uk/

amissingpet.co.uk/lostandfound.html

animalsearchuk.com/

pet-rescue.org.uk/forums/index.php?showforum=308

lostmycat.org/index.php

animalrescuers.co.uk/html/lostfound.html

foundandlostpets.co.uk/

1.freewebs.com/pettalk/missingpetsbulletinboard.htm

petsmiles.com/v1/found.php

Also don't forget to check ad websites, such as.....

friday-ad.co.uk

adtrader.co.uk

uk.freeads.net

classifieds.co.uk

and also your local rescue shelter/s websites too!

Good luck and stay positive.

Hopefully your little one has just got itself shut in a shed somewhere.

And finally ……. IMPORTANT NOTE: When you get your furbabe back remember to remove ALL the posters and inform all vets / rescues / websites etc that they are home.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 16:43:41 PM »
Have you seen Sams tips, Katherine?

I do hope you find Keith soon  :hug:

Offline intrepidfox1978

• Kitten
My cat is missing - Southend - NOW HOME
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 16:34:37 PM »
Have you seen Keith?
Despite her macho name, Keith is a small brown/black 5 year old female cat with hints of beige/ginger in her fur. She went missing on the evening of 1st July from the Southchurch area of Southend-on-Sea, Essex.  Her most distingushing feature is a beige stripe down her nose and small ginger dot on top of her head. She has mostly black whiskers with 1 rogue white whisker (usually). She is wearing a black collar with diamond studs and a grey magnetic pendant.  Reward on offer for any info leading to her whereabouts. She is sorely missed. Please call Katherine on 07950785478.  Thank you so much!
(A picture of her can be found on the following page:  http://www.netmypet.com/lostPetDetails.php?petid=882&link=visit)

(I've added your pic from the National Pet Register)

« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 22:29:00 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »

Link to CatChat