Please spay your cat

Offline claws n purrs

• Adult Cat
  • Ronnie, Freya, Olly and Mickey!
Re: Rosie
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2008, 18:33:50 PM »
RIP Rosie xx

Des  :hug:

I and many others here know it's never clear cut or easy when to make the decision that our feline friends have suffered enough and need to be free from pain and suffering. My heart goes out to anyone having to choose the right time.

dee x
Life is life -  there is no difference between a cat or a man.  The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage.  ~Sri Aurobindo

"I purr, therefore I am."

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2008, 23:52:39 PM »
So sorry about Rosie, she had a lovely home with you Des  :hug:

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2008, 20:46:00 PM »
Just seen this Des and so sorry to hear about little Rosie. She was very lucky to have you and she was loved and cared for right to the end.

RIP Rosie, play hard at the bridge darling and go and find my Cleo and Sophie  :hug:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2008, 18:25:17 PM »
Thanks - her owner has only seen the message about the arthritis getting worse, but did put this, it means a lot.

I am glad that I found her all those years ago and had great times with her and was able to give her a warm loving home.

I also Thank You for the great work that you do and for giving my Rosie a loving home for the last part of her life, you do a Fantastic job and just want you know jow much I apprechiate the time and attention you have given Rosie. 

Many Thanks
Please spay your cat

Offline purrlover

• Adult Cat
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2008, 15:53:26 PM »
RIP sweet rosie and  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: to you Des

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2008, 23:05:29 PM »
Des I have only just caught up with this sad news,I'm so sorry hun but you gave her comfort and love during her last 3 months,you do such inspirational work with the cats you lookafter,your a credit to cat rescues,you really are :hug: :hug:

RIP little one :'(
Love me,love my animals.

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2008, 22:33:40 PM »
So sorry Desley - you gave beautiful Rosie the best possible care and let her go when the time was right, Chris, X
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2008, 16:15:46 PM »
RIP Rosie
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline bisley boys mum

• Adult Cat
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2008, 16:05:45 PM »
Desley, so sorry to hear about Rosie - she was very lucky to have come to you though and as you say she had longer than the 2weeks you gave her originally and she had access to a comfy bed! i hope her owners who had to leave her aren't too upset when they come back to you altho it will be a shock.

she is now free from having to take pills and free from pain to play in the sunshine at rainbow bridge, im sure my benson will look after her.
:-)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2008, 08:11:43 AM »
Thanks everyone - sorting out her toys and food last night was hard - there were over 10 kinds of wet food in my bathroom though!! What is ironic is that her kidney values weren't much higher, it was the globulin and tender belly that was the concern (vet did mention tumours), and it hadn't responded to a weekends worth of ab's, and the second lot didn't seem to do much good either.  So, that is 3 in a row where we havent fully known the cause, but they have all had leg and tummy issues and stopped eating. Her owners haven't responded to my e-mail yet either.
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2008, 16:50:35 PM »
RIP Rosie

:candle:

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2008, 13:41:36 PM »
RIP Rosie

:'( :'( :'( - not know but still loved by many.  Run free on the bridge little lady xxxx

Your mummy Des loves you very much, but you know that. There always a time when your Angel calls you, no matter how much you want to stay, the call is strong and you have to leave.

:hug: to Des.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline ems

• Super Cat
  • My two gorgeous girls, Nina (white) and Kiki
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2008, 13:12:54 PM »
So sorry for your loss Desley  :hug:  :hug:

RIP Rosie, have fun at the Bridge

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2008, 10:51:09 AM »
RIP Rosie Play well at the bridge little one

Im so sorry Desley you must be feeling so sad about this. You did everything you could for Rosie and gave her love, affection, comfort and cuddles when she needed them.
 :hug:
love
Tab

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2008, 08:45:03 AM »
RIP sweet Rosie.

:hug:

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2008, 08:14:42 AM »
I was so hoping that I wouldnt see this here today ..............R.I.P sweet Rosie , and huge hugs for you Desley , you did everything you possibly could for her and now she is free of pain and pills and snoozing in the sun on the bridge! :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2008, 23:15:37 PM »
Thanks everyone - it was really weird going into the bathroom to clean my teeth then, the routine for ages has been to check what food Rosie has, and if she hadnt eaten it all, to mash it up and add more water to it, and then to check her water bowl, so very weird to have a quiet empty bathroom. I do believe her owner didn't suspect anything, purely because she went outside and they had 3 cats, there are so many posts where the owners don't suspect anythign wrong until they have bloods for whatever reason that I do find it easy to believe they didn't suspect, and they were emigrating.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2008, 23:14:58 PM »
So sorry to hear this

RIP Rosie, play hard on the Bridge in the sun

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2008, 23:09:19 PM »
So sorry Des hun. We are thinking of ya  :hug:

Bless you little Rosie, have fun on the bridge hunny.  :Luv: :Luv:

ccmacey

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2008, 23:08:54 PM »
Oh Desley so sorry for you  :hug:

RIP Rosie free from the stresses of life, sleep well little one x

I think cats in these cases their owners know about the condition, thats why they give them up!

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2008, 22:54:35 PM »
RIP sweet Rosie, play hard on the bridge sweetheart, no more illness.

Sending you a big  :hug: Desley, you did all you could for this little girl, and I think many of us share your pain as we've followed her months with you xxxx

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2008, 22:41:13 PM »
Rosie looked like she was a lovely little personality of a cat. I'm so sorry, Desley.

RIP Rosie, take care at the Bridge.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2008, 22:28:29 PM »
RIP Sweet Rosie

I  a m sorry for your loss Des, but so pleased Rosie had her last days wtih  you in  peace. :hug:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2008, 22:09:28 PM »
RIP lovely Rosie  :RIP:

I'm glad she spent her last few months with you, Desley.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 21:53:49 PM »
Desley I`m sorry , take comfort in the fact that you were there for her when she needed help. Its never an easy decision  to make but when it is for the benefit of the cat it is always the right one. RIP Rosie

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 21:44:35 PM »
Oh Des....I am really finding this hard to type right now, although we knew this was coming the realisation of it all still hurts....To you I take my hat off, you are the one who gave Rosie dignity right to the end!  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thankyou for what you do best Des!  :hug:

RIP Sweet Rosie....Please send Des a rainbow when you are settled....now you have fun at the bridge with all our bridge babes xxx

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 21:38:27 PM »
Thanks everyone, it is nice to know that some people care. I had hoped she could have had the summer here, but at least she got more than the 2 weeks I was going to give her when I first got the diagnosis, that is the main thing. She got to sleep on the bed and sofa, and got some time out in the sun on her last weekend, just a shame we couldn't have had longer. I hope she doesnt meet up with some of my bridge babes though, most of them hated other cats!!
nic, I e-mailed her owners last night to tell them what was happening, although they haven't responded yet. I wouldnt like to be them though, they honestly thought she was a healthy cat, and she had 15.5 weeks here, I hope that if they had realised how little time she had left, they would have done things differently.
Please spay your cat

Offline Garfield&Gypsy

• Senior Cat
  • Garfield
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 21:19:52 PM »
Rest Peacefully Little Rosie.

Sorry to her this Desley - at least now you can rest easy knowing shes in a safe place.

Have you let her previous owners know?
Nicola, Chris, Garfield & Gypsy

I cannot deny that a cat lover and his cat have a master/slave relationship. The cat is the master.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 20:52:31 PM »
Desley  :hug:

So sorry to hear about Rosie.  I have been following your thread and it was quite obvius you were doing everything possible to help this little beauty. 

RIP Rosie sweetheart ... play hard at the bridge little one free from pain and able to run and jump like a kitten again.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 20:33:03 PM »
Desley, you gave Rosie quality of life and you took the hardest decision when her quality of life was so severely compromised.

I hope someone just like you makes the decision for me when my time comes.

Love

Christine

I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 20:27:54 PM »
So very sorry to hear this

:RIP:    Rosie
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 20:26:53 PM »
Sorry to hear this Desley, she'll be safe and sound at the Bridge by now  :hug:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 20:21:00 PM »
sad news Desley. You did what you thought was the right thing at the time, and have once again, done the right thing by her now. Rest in Peace little one, and wait for your loved family at the bridge ...............  :hug:

Offline madpants

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Merlin the big fat black cat
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 20:16:07 PM »
Oh Desley BT,
So sorry to hear about Rosie, but you gave her lotsa love and i am sure she will have recognised that.

She'll be at the bridge in the sunshine and my Willow will look after her  :hug:
Love thy neighbour............. especially if they have cake!

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 19:58:59 PM »
Little Rosie Posie, I never met nor really knew you but followed your brave struggles with your health problems and I am so very very sorry that you lost the battle today.  I am sure everyone on Purrs will remember you little one.  RIP sweet girl my Dragan will look out for you at the Bridge.  I think I loved you Rosie.

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 19:46:01 PM »
So sorry Desley, thinking of you xxx

RIP beautiful Rosie, have fun at the bridge sweetheart xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Rosie
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 19:35:40 PM »
Rosie went to the bridge peacefully this evening. She came to me 3 months ago when her owners were emigrating, not many rescues round her take on older cats, so I agreed to take her on, but the idea was to rehome her. She had to go to the vets the day after she came due to diarrhea, and I suspected kidney failure then, but she was so bloated due to the diarrhea we couldnt tell. I gave her a couple of weeks, then started to try and get a urine sample out of her, but she didn't want to do that, so after a week of trying, we gave up and had her bloodtested, which confirmed my suspicions. AT this point, I Really didn't know what to do, as she wasn't fully happy here, but we couldnt rehome her, so the decision was made to let her have some outdoor access, and whatever she wanted to eat, I honestly thought she would only have a couple of weeks then, I just didn't want to let her go while she was eating well. Teh outdoor access turned her round, and I was really pleased, I thought we might be able to get the summer with her. 5 weeks ago, she was diagnosed with arthritis in her back knees, but we were restricted as to what we could use due to her CRF, so we tried some supplements, which fortunately she ate. 2 weeks ago, she started limping on her front right leg, so she had to go back to the vet, who confirmed she had arthritis in that shoulder too, and also had a low temp, and her belly was still really bloated. We tried abs over the weekend, but no joy, so she had further bloods - she had stopped willingly drinking by this point, so I was doing alsorts to get water into her. Bloods showed that her kidneys were a bit worse, but her globulin was very high, so some kind of infection going on somewhere, so yet more ab's and appetite stimulants - the poor baby hated being pilled, yet had so many in the three months she was here. She seemed to perk up back end of last week, but then went down again, so I decided to let her go, and be free from whatever ailments she had. My only regret with her is not getting her owners to bloodtest her first, as they thought she was perfectly healthy. RIP little one, I did my best for you.
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat