Author Topic: Long haired grey cat found in Aberdeen (Middlefield area)  (Read 5471 times)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: Long haired grey cat found in Aberdeen (Middlefield area)
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 12:50:11 PM »
Hopefully this will be your new baby girl! :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 19:35:26 PM »
I thought she was an old girl  :rofl:

Congrats on your new cat  :evillaugh:

Offline Frodocat

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 18:22:50 PM »
Just a quick update.
Arwyn's back from the vets. Looking a little sorry for herself. They're quite happy with her health in general apart from the obvious weight issue which thankfully they think is down to lack of food over the past few weeks/months rather than any medical condition. She's now de-flead, wormed and has had the tick removed from her head. and we have medication and special food to ease her upset stomach, which they believe is simply down to proper food after a long time of scavenging. Her estimated age is 9-12 months which was quit a shock to us considering how tiny she is. We assumed she was around 4-6 months.

They couldn't find a microchip and have checked their lost and found register and have no reports of any cats missing matching her description. Cat Protection plan to place adverts in the local paper etc. and have agreed for us to take her on permenantly if no owner is traced within the next 14 days or so.  :Luv2:

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 13:33:47 PM »
Hello and a very warm   :welcome:  to Purrs

Thank you so much for taking this cat in, she was indeed very lucky to be going through your bin and not somebody elses, there are a few too many people out there who would have just thrown a bucket of water over her in such situations.

Look forward to seeing updates on this gorgeous lady.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 11:35:01 AM »
Sending positive vibes for a brilliant outcome at the vets..... :hug: :hug:

She is beautiful and I can certainly understand your hubbys attraction.....and yours also if truth be known lol!  ;)

Offline Frodocat

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 10:30:07 AM »
Hi and Thankyou for the advice.

She's just been picked up by Cat protection who are taking her for any vet treatment needed and to scan for a microchip. If she's well enough and no chip is found, she's coming back to us for foster care while we continue to search for an owner. I've no doubt she'll become a permenant addition here if no owner is traced over the following weeks. My Husband adores her already, soft lump that he is. (me too, but don't tell him I said)

She really is a beautiful girl though and it's hard to believe someone would willingly give her up. I'll follow the links given here and try and post her information in as many places as possible because much as I'd love to keep her, I'd hate for anyone to be sitting desperately waiting for her to return home. Thankyou again for posting the advice Sam.

Fingers crossed all goes well at the vets!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 06:25:25 AM »
Aw she is lovely.....I do hope her owners can be found...Good Luck!  ;)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 10:49:27 AM »
Thank you for taking this little one in. Advice given by CP:

If you have a cat living with you or visiting and think is either lost, abandoned, the owner has moved and left it behind, or appears to be just roaming around, sadly all too common and to think the cats/s was the result of someone’s so called good home, or you know of anyone else with such a cat DO NOT ASSUME IT HAS NO OWNER (OR ASSUME IT HAS), PLEASE REPORT IT TO AS MANY RESCUES AS POSSIBLE IMMEDIATELY (see:- http://www.catchat.org/adoption/index.html) for some in your area. EVEN IF IT LOOKS IN PERFECT HEALTH, PLEASE THINK HOW YOU WOULD FEEL IF YOU LOST YOUR CAT AND SOMEONE DID NOT BOTHER TO REPORT IT.

It may simply be lost and could have been lost months previously. It is not unknown for cats to get into cars, removal vans, and so on, and be transported miles from their homes. Rescues have hundreds of cats on their lost/found register and the number increases on a daily basis.

Most of the cats who go missing must be out there somewhere and, although we do manage to reunite quite a few with their owners, most of them are taken in or being fed by well meaning people, but are never actually reported.

Depending on the condition of the cat and the safety of the location rescues can decide what course of action to take to ensure the cat receives all the help it needs. E.G. if the cat is well please your local rescues and ask them to check the lost list, take the cat to a vet to see if has been micro chipped.

If there is no record and the cat is well and not in a dangerous location perhaps you could on a long thin piece of paper write do I belong to you and your telephone number then attach the paper to a cat collar by wrapping sellotape round and round then put the collar on the cat if after 3 days you have received no reply take the collar off as many are considered dangerous and many cats have lost their life to them. Safer paper collars are available free from Cats Protection.

Ring the local rescues and ask them to put the cat on the list waiting to come in. Please offer the cat shelter & feed it, I know some organizations say don't and they it will move on, however in our view that is callous, I am sure if you lost a pet it would be nice to think someone, somewhere was caring for it. Also the cat has a greater chance of finding its owner or coming into care and finding a new permanent home, as it is not roaming from street to street looking for its next meal and endangering its life.

If the cat appears below par please contact a local rescue immediately and ask if they will pay for the cat to be seen by a vet and if possible take the cat in.

If the cat is timid and you cannot catch it most rescues have traps, at least then the little one can be taken to the vets to scan, have a MOT, flea and worm treatment etc. if unneutered cats protection can give vouchers for the cost.

Also check out
catchat.org/forum.html
www.animalsearchuk.com
purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php
mymoggy.com/ .... please pass on details to Sue ASAP.
thehovel.com/bb/index.php?f=28&ppage=20&sort=lastpost&order=DESC
nationalpetregister.org
petsearchuk.org.uk/
amissingpet.co.uk/lostandfound.html
animalsearchuk.com/
pet-rescue.org.uk/forums/index.php?showforum=308
animalrescuers.co.uk/html/lostfound.html
foundandlostpets.co.uk/
freewebs.com/pettalk/missingpetsbulletinboard.htm
petsmiles.com/v1/found.php

Also don't forget to check ad websites, such as.....
friday-ad.co.uk
adtrader.co.uk
uk.freeads.net
classifieds.co.uk
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Frodocat

• Kitten
Long haired grey cat found in Aberdeen (Middlefield area)
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 23:54:04 PM »
We found a very underweight  long haired grey/tortie cat raking through our wheelie bin this morning. She's in need of a good groom and a bath and a lot of fattening up, so it seems she may have been away from home for quite some time. She's a beautiful looking cat with the bushiest tail I've ever seen and ears like a lynx. (maybe some Maine coon in her)

She's staying with us at the moment, although the CPL are coming to collect her on Monday to get her checked by a vet and scanned for any microchip. If the vet check goes ok and no microchip is found, she's coming back to us as a foster cat until hopefully we can find her owner.

If you can help please send me a message and I'll pass on my details. I will need proof of ownership.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Link to CatChat