Author Topic: A message of hope  (Read 4361 times)

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
Re: A message of hope
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 08:04:16 AM »
Awwwww nice story :)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 22:01:59 PM »
Cool that great news ... sounds like there is going to be one very happy little girl soon and by the sounds of it Dave has become yet another man converted to the joys of feline affection ... That's why I love cats so much .. they just have a way of worming their way in  :evillaugh:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 21:55:56 PM »
I thought the same Sam, hope he likes the newbie. However Dave said if it didn't work out, he'd take the cat back after his holiday, it sounds like it really bonded with his daughter, sitting with her while she was colouring in on the doorstep  :Luv: and them falling asleep together  :Luv2:
I know that she will be gutted, but it's the right thing to do for now and hope it all works out.

One way or another, a cat WILL be getting a new home with Dave and family later in the year, he's seen how serious his daughter is about having one and how much she loved it so he's finally relented (Yay!)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 21:46:33 PM »
Wonderful news  ;D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 21:45:33 PM »
 :Luv2: :Luv2:  :Luv2: :Luv2:Ahhh what a lovely tale ... so pleased kitty has gone back home to his slaves and fingers crossed s/he doesn't mind sharing with the newbie.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
A message of hope
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 21:31:44 PM »
A guy I work with rang me at the weekend to ask for help/advice with a cat who had made itself comfortable round his house in the last week. His daughter desperately wanted to keep it but he didn't feel it was the right time. He had had no luck with the places he'd tried so far.

I gave him the number of a nice lady who does rescue and suggested he get the cat to a vet to be scanned.

He rang today to say the cat was scanned and found to be chipped! It was 3 and a half miles from home and had been missing since January. Although the owners have since got a new cat, they were delighted to be getting him back.

For those of who whose babes are missing, I can only imagine how you must feel, but there is hope and miracles do happen.  :hug:

xxx

Link to CatChat