Author Topic: Introducing Sullivan...  (Read 2077 times)

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
Re: Introducing Sullivan...
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 18:45:53 PM »
Sullivan is one handsome puss

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 15:28:58 PM »
Awwww Sullivan is gorgeous  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Samui

• Adult Cat
  • ... my boy Samui
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 14:00:56 PM »
 :thanks: very much Gail  :)
"Be the change you seek in the world"

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 13:51:10 PM »
You have two beautiful babies  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Samui

• Adult Cat
  • ... my boy Samui
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 13:45:10 PM »
Yep, they love each other to bits and the best friends ever. :hug:  Although Samui is 8 you should see those two play...

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 13:40:23 PM »
I am so pleased you saved Sullivan and bet Samui is too  ;D

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Hi everyone from Sullivan
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 13:25:08 PM »
Aw bless Sullivan is a hunk!  ;D

Offline Samui

• Adult Cat
  • ... my boy Samui
Introducing Sullivan...
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 13:57:15 PM »
I thought I'd better tell you Sullivan's story 2, can't leave him out!  In the beginning of last year I was really sick and wasn't allowed to walk etc. so the only way "out" was to go stay with my mum for a while.  They came through to Napier and took me to Worcester.  Now I was supposed to be in bed all day but then my mum told me she heard a kitten in the front garden.  I got up and went looking for it.  Eventually I found it hiding in a corner behind some bushes, so tiny and full of fleas.  I went inside and got some of my mums cat food and the poor kitten was so hungry it started eating and eating but as soon as I came close he went back behind the bushes (I thought it was a she at the time).  I was there for about a week and kept trying to catch it but with no luck.  I put food and water out every day.  Then the day just before I went back home I couldn’t find the kitten.  I heard it "meowing" and eventually I saw it up in a tree.  I got a man to climb up and get him down.
I had to leave the next day and knew I couldn’t afford another kitten.  When my friend came to collect me the next day we took the kitten to the SPCA in Worcester, I was in tears for having to take it there.  I told her when she takes it in to ask how long they keep the kitten before putting it down if they don't find a home and if they don't find a home if we can come and get him.  She then came back out with the kitten and said they keep them 21 days and if they don't find a home they are put down and if we then want to collect him we'll have to pay R250. 

I decided there and then to take him home...

He was so scared and tiny.  I took him to the vet and got some flea stuff and his injections.  It almost took 6 months for him to begin trusting me, but Samui accepted him that first day - he never hissed or anything!

Now more than a year later Sullivan is ruling the house with Samui.  He is still very scared when it comes to other people, so I know he must have been so terribly traumatised in those first few weeks of his life. 
He loves playing and he is crazy about Samui!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 13:29:14 PM by Samui »

Link to CatChat