Author Topic: Lost Ginger Cat  (Read 4047 times)

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
Re: Lost Ginger Cat
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2008, 18:43:52 PM »
GOOD LUCK !! :Luv2:
Gail x x x

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 18:42:57 PM »
Yes  ;D

It may take a little time for his usual smell around the house to come back on him, but they will be okay after a little hissing etc!

"Good Luck"  ;)

Offline jemini

• Kitten
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 11:38:55 AM »
I had call last night from a woman who has had a ginger cat coming thru' their cat flap for the last few weeks and he sounds very much like our puss, the description she gave definitely fits.

If it is him he's gone in completely the wrong direction as she's about the same distance from the vets but the other way.

She's going to try and catch him and will call me when she has ......... fingers crossed it's him.

The only thing I'm worried about now is if it is him and we bring him home will his brother accept him back.

Offline jemini

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2007, 15:13:21 PM »
Just a thought - have you seen Sams tips, Jemini? They are at:

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php?topic=4304.0

Keep postive and keep looking.  :hug:

Yes I've seen them thank you.

I had a txt this morning from someone who said they thought they'd seen him lurking around the vets where he was lost. I went out again and the man who lives in the house opposite was letting some people out of his house ......... including a ginger cat which wasn't ours I hasten to add. I had a quick word with him and he said various people had questioned him about his puss and asked if it was the one that was lost. So whilst it wasn't Garfield at least people are seeing the posters and are aware we're still looking!

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 16:05:28 PM »
Just a thought - have you seen Sams tips, Jemini? They are at:

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php?topic=4304.0

Keep postive and keep looking.  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline jemini

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2007, 13:15:36 PM »
Still no news. I've had a few calls so at least I know my posters are being seen but so far no luck!  :(

Offline jemini

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 08:52:53 AM »
Thanks for you thoughts. I phoned and emailed Animal Samaritans in Croydon last week and they haven't responded.

I've been going back to the area every day with food and had a couple of phone calls so people are seeing the posters. Two calls definitely weren't him but one of them is a maybe. I went back the evening I got the call and bashed a food bowl around on a wall to make a noise he recognises and I walked up and down the road calling him but nothing.

I told Cat Protection and asked about a trap where this guy thought he'd seen him but they said that at this stage they didn't think any more could be done. I was bit angry at that tbh.

I suppose al I can really do is hope he's on his way back but it's so cold and I hate thinking of him out there!

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 13:40:39 PM »
I am sorry that you join us in these circumstances.  I had a look to see if there are any independent rescues in your area and came up with this one: worth giving them a call too.

CROYDON ANIMAL SAMARITANS
Registered Chrity no: 1067498
Rescuing and re-homing abandoned cats, kittens, dogs and other small animals since 1974. All adult cats are neutered before re-homing. Homes are especially needed for older cats, who give so much love, in return for nothing more than regular meals and a comfy lap.
Cats Seeking Homes: To see some of the cats seeking homes at Croydon Animal Samaritans, visit their website, linked below.
Registered Charity address: 236 Pampisford Road, South Croydon, CR2 6DB
To rescue and animal: Tel: 020 8688 6568 or 020 8698 6813
General Helpline: 020 8644 8829
Emai: enquiries@croydonanimalsamaritans.co.uk
Web site: www.croydonanimalsamaritans.co.uk

Hope Garfield is found very soon.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline jemini

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 13:20:27 PM »
Hi Jemini and so sorry that your joining us is as a result of the loss of your cat.

I've removed your email and phone number, by all means, any member who can help can PM you directly from your profile.

I do hope there is a positive outcome to this.  :hug:

Thank you!!!

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 13:12:01 PM »
Hi Jemini and so sorry that your joining us is as a result of the loss of your cat.

I've removed your email and phone number, by all means, any member who can help can PM you directly from your profile.

I do hope there is a positive outcome to this.  :hug:

Offline jemini

• Kitten
Lost Ginger Cat
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 13:05:34 PM »
Male (un-neutered) Ginger Cat from outside:
Nelson’s Veterinary Surgery
Woodville Road
Thornton Heath
Croydon
Surrey

Tel: 020 8771 7555

We were in the process of adopting this cat and his brother who were both strays. I took Garfield to the vets (1.5 miles from our house) to be neutered and he managed to bash his way out of the cat carrier, got very scared by 3 big dogs in the surgery and went scooting out of the open door (5/12).

I've put posters up in the area and in the vets, informed Cat Protection who told the RSPCA and other local vets in the area and I've posted on just about every lost and found website I can find. And his brother is missing him!!

If he's seen it will probably be difficult catching him but if I can just get a location we can get a trap down.

My contact details are:

{edited to remove personal contact details. Please PM poster}
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 13:09:07 PM by Kittybabe (Ruth) »

Link to CatChat