Author Topic: MIRACLES HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 6763 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: MIRACLES HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2007, 16:52:56 PM »
Thats great, roll on wednesday! Keep a really close eye on doors and windows, they can squeeze through the tinest of gaps!

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2007, 08:37:37 AM »
Hi there aww thats reassuring, This morning Ruby is looking like she wants to go back outside, so I know now its the right thing to do!! your all so very kind reassuring me, means alot so thank you ! Alfie is even more active than before his op, I think he is also showing his assertiveness at the mo to Ruby, but I think to him its in a playful way, he is just much bigger, so it looks worse than it is!!
And Im sure he is just getting his own back from when he was the much smaller one and Ruby floored him many times !!!  :evillaugh:
will keep you posted, she is in at 8am Wednesday, and also being chipped at the same time!!
Last night my Daughter and I were talking about their different personalities, Ruby has always been the naughty one, at a few months old she was stuck at the top of a tree, which my neighbour had to rescue her, and Alfie is a real affectionate fella, nuzzling and caring, and although they have their spats, we think they love each other deep down !! lol :Luv2:
have a good day all, :)) x
Gail x x x

Online Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2007, 08:13:33 AM »
I wouldnt worry - the first female I had spayed use to like sitting on top of a 6ft tall bed base, so I split it for her, so she didn't have to jump - she objected, took her collar off, and jumped up the 6ft wardrobe instead!!! The second I had spayed was more hyper after being done than she was before, and apart from the collar and shaved patch, you wouldnt' tell she had anything done to her, she just wanted to play! I have had a couple that have been quiet for a few days after, but literally just days, then they were fine.
Please spay your cat

Offline philmoure

• Kitten
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2007, 20:25:47 PM »
Hi, we have just had our 6 month old kitten Lilly done, it didnt seem to affect her at all.
The vet made a small incission about 1 and a half centimetre, and pulled the bits out and snip.
They shaved off a bit more furr than i think they needed to, but its growing back again ok.
Its a bit like key hole surgery. Lilly doesnt know anything ever happened.
We also had her microchipped at the same time, well worth doing, something i regret not haveing done with Dizzy.
So Gail you should have no worrys.

Philmoure

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2007, 18:37:14 PM »
Iv replied on your other thread but thought id add that the op is ten times better than having kittens whilst still a kitten and possibly having a complicated birth. Cesareans costs £££'s and insurance wont cover them.

If she isnt already i would reccomend getting her microchipped at the same time  ;D

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2007, 14:27:42 PM »
with a normal spay you will have her back the same day - not sure if its the same if she has been caught out!  When I had one of my girls done she went to the vets at 8.30 and they phoned at 12.30 to say she was ready to be picked up

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2007, 12:34:14 PM »
Morning smile aw thanks again, how bad is the op? Alfie is doing fine but I know for a female its much worse, Just as her and alfie are settled seems such a shame everything has to change again, but I know its for the best, I just worry she is up to such a big op, Im also worried it will be over xmas when vets are going to be closed, but again know its for the best, just hope she is strong enough, I guess we would have to keep her apart from Alfie, how many days on average is it bad for? Thanks x x
Gail x x x

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2007, 17:47:31 PM »
You are very   :welcome:

Just so pleased that it was a happy outcome in this case.
Ruby sounds like she is back to being the happy puss that she was before going awol.

:hug:

The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2007, 17:44:04 PM »
Just wonderful news that Ruby is home and so pleased you are having her speyed next week, see if the vet can dio internal stitches and glue so she doesnt have to wear a collar  ;D

It sounds like she was trapped somewhere being all dusty and hungry like that but am so pleased she is back to normal.

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2007, 17:35:30 PM »
Hi all :)) thanks for all the lovely messages, our little miss is now looking much better, had a good wash, comb and lots of tlc, and some salmon!!
she looks outside but then shys away, and has been using the litter, she is booked in for Wednesday morning, she seems ok with Alfie now, he is doing great, very active considering, he wont leave her alone, but he is just pleased to have her back too, the hissing has stopped, and they seem fine now, thank goodness, I think Alfie can be a bit boisterous at times, and she simply wasnt in the mood!
Today I was wrapping some gifts and she was stealing the ribbon and tags, which was so nice as when I tried to do this Saturday it didnt feel right, My heart goes out to all whos little ones are missing, its probably one of the saddest times we have had, you dont realize just how attached and part of the family they become!
Im so thankful, she is also being chipped on Wednesday, she is still a little underweight, but I think the stress of kittens would be worse for her.
Thanks so much again, will keep you posted :)) xxxx :thanks: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:
Gail x x x

Offline philmoure

• Kitten
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2007, 21:54:39 PM »
Nice to hear some good news, the relief must be tremendous, well done.

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2007, 13:53:27 PM »
What fantastic news and a wonderful Christmas present, so gald that little Ruby is home.  ;D :xmas 8:

She may have been hissing at Alfie because he would have smelt of the vets, Im sure they will be fine again soon.  As others have said I would get her op done as soon as possible.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2007, 11:06:48 AM »
Fantastic news, so pleased she's home safe  :Luv2:

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2007, 09:45:15 AM »
 :morning:   Gail

How is Ruby this morning and the rest of the family of course?

Are Ruby and Alfie a bit better with each other?
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2007, 20:23:22 PM »
Gail, I've only just seen this and I am just overjoyed for you, I can't tell you how happy I am!!!!  I've been thinking of you and Ruby all day.  This is fabulous news.  Her and Alfie will be back to normal in no time - we always have slight fisticuffs in my house when one of them has been to the vet, but it never lasts.  Very, very happy for you - give Ruby a cuddle from me xx  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2007, 19:19:56 PM »
Yep defo try to get little Ruby in vets for her op asap.....once your other kitty has the smell of the vets off him she will be fine......

When Ruby is done I suggest you keep her in for atleast 2 weeks till the hormones settle....also the wound can be kept an eye on etc... ;)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2007, 19:13:38 PM »
Woo Hoo what fabulous news .... so pleased your little girl is back home.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2007, 18:36:33 PM »
Great news! personally I would have her off to the vet within the week no questions asked. She should certainly not be going outdoors again until after the operation, and as you say, she likes it out there, so the longer the op is delayed, the longer she will have to wait to go out.  :Luv:

Online Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2007, 18:31:14 PM »
Glad to hear she is back, and good luck with the vets tomorrow. I would keep an eye on her, as if she hasn't been caught, and comes into heat, she will try and escape. I personally would have her spayed asap, the weight will come on easier after that, and it means she either doesnt have to go through another heat or a pregnancy (which if she is young could be hard, and there are too many cats looking for good homes).
Please spay your cat

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2007, 18:05:47 PM »
So pleased she is home - fantastic  :wow:  Glad Alfie is OK too, he probably smells funny to her as he has been at the vets which could explain the hissing, I wouldn't be overly worried.

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2007, 17:30:29 PM »
Hi all just to let you know, Alfie came back from his op and all is ok, however after a while when he felt better, he came up to Ruby and Ruby went a little crazy, spitting at him, hissing and wanting to fight, i think this may be to do with her ordeal, I doubt she could of forgot Alifie so soon?
hope their ok soon, any advice x  x
Gail x x x

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2007, 17:06:45 PM »
 :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy:

Hi Gail, yes they could end a pregnancy it would happen at the same time as spaying but would you want to do that?  Talk it over with your Vet we don’t even know if Ruby is pregnant yet, give it some thought

If its done quickly then there isnt gonna be much in there, it wouldnt be like a late spay where kittens have to be taken out and then pts  :(
Ruby is still a kitten herself so having a litter wouldnt be good for her.

It wont take long for her weight to go back on, the sooner the better   ;D

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2007, 15:56:25 PM »
 :congrats:I am so happy for you and I'm sure you will have a fantastic Christmas now.  My Smudge has been missing sincce 4th Sept and I've had him 13 yrs. I put my Christmas tree up this morning and cried so much as he is usually at my side playing with all the tree decorations.
I pray some more of us have a fantastic gift from Santa.

Mary x  :catluv:
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2007, 13:49:56 PM »
Thanks everyone for your kind messages, yes so looking forward to xmas now, yes regarding outdoors, she seems to look at the door and shy away, so I guess its not on her mind right now to venture, hope it stays that way !!!  :) :thanks: :Luv:
Gail x x x

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2007, 13:46:51 PM »
aww thanks Ruth !! will do! she is snuggled up by my side here, had warm milk, lots of tlc and food! waiting to hear how Alifie is vet ringing at 2pm! bless him, his op day today, Ruby's is on hold for now, til her strength is back, she is going for a check up in the morning, so happy!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:
Gail x x x

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2007, 13:00:30 PM »
I'm thrilled for you that you have got Ruby back!  ;D ;D ;D
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2007, 12:51:20 PM »
 :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Oh Gail Im sooo happy for ya hun.....give little Ruby a head rub from me  :Luv2:

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2007, 11:51:36 AM »
Hi Gail, yes they could end a pregnancy it would happen at the same time as spaying but would you want to do that?  Talk it over with your Vet we don’t even know if Ruby is pregnant yet, give it some thought.

Take care,

The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2007, 11:47:08 AM »
So glad Ruby has returned.  You may find she is a bit wary of the outdoors for a while, after her experience.  Probably an idea to speak to the Vet and be advised by them regarding her op.  Even if she has been caught by a tom, a week or so and she could still be done, even if in the early stages of pregnancy.  I know that sounds harsh but better that than more kitties in the world.

At least now you can have a  :xmas 7: :xmas 8: :xmas 6:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2007, 11:44:45 AM »
aww yes she is, yeah Ruby does like a potter out, so will think it over, talking to the vet later when we pick up Alife, so will see what they say, just dont want her too stressed, but then again dont want her to go through the stress of kittens!! my own fault really should of booked her in earlier,! Can they end a pregnancy? poor lamb, such alot to go through, Im of to check on her, thanks again for all your lovely comments and concern! x x x x
Gail x x x

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007, 11:40:10 AM »
Hi Gail, you and your daughter must be absolutely elated.

Personally I would not make her a house cat but that is your choice, it may be ok if she does not miss the great outdoors.

As for Ruby’s op you will need to discuss this very carefully with your Vet tomorrow for even though Ruby has lost weight she may well be pregnant. 

The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 11:32:56 AM »
Thank you all so much !
Ruby has eaten, washed and is now sleeping soundly, she looks exhausted! Im so thrilled and happy, so is my Daughter, who is lay at the side of her, she smells a bit musty and her white bits are a bit grey!! not sure what happened to her, Alfie was jumping about all excited, so pleased to see her, he has now gone in for his op appointment, so at least she has some peace time to rest! Ruby was booked in to be spayed in the morning, but talking with the vet we may wait a few days and let her settle, as Im wondering will this cause her too much stress? And she feels as light as a feather, so she has lost alot of weight, what would your advice all be about the op? She has her check up at the vets in the morning, guess we will take it from there, Im so so nervous about the outside for her now, I may decide she is now a house cat, as I dont think my nerves could stand it, or would that be cruel? just happy she is safe and sound and now looking forward to xmas, taking down the posters now, and sending found alerts to other sites, This site truly kept me going, cant thank you enough
 :thanks: :hug: :hug: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv:
Gail x x x

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 11:17:19 AM »
Sooooooooo pleased for you all.  Everyone on here can understand how awful it is when the furry ones go missing.   :Luv:

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
  • Whiskers now at the bridge & Phoebe currently AWOL
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 10:32:48 AM »
Lovely to hear that ruby has returned. Big   :hug: to you all.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 10:20:28 AM »
What did I tell you?  Brilliant!  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

I am so pleased for Ruby, you and your family.

:wow:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 09:28:50 AM »
wonderful news!!!!!!

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 09:27:23 AM »
THANKYOU !! WE ARE OVERJOYED, SUPPORT HERE IS BRILLIANT, WILL ALWAYS, ALWAYS, HELP IN ANYWAY WHEN SOMEONE IS THE SAME SITUATION, THE HOPE THIS SITE GAVE ME CANNOT BE MEASURED!!  ;D :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:
Gail x x x

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 09:25:11 AM »
That is fantastic news, welcome home little one  :Luv: ;D

Santa has come early for you  ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
MIRACLES HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 09:16:04 AM »
 :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:
MIRACLES HAPPEN!!!! RUBY IS HOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She was at the door at 8am this morning, and I cannot express my emotions, I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for your kind words and support, and when my hope was fading it was people here who lifted this.
She looks exhausted, hungry (2 pouches of sheba so far!!) and very dusty, and also very nervous at noise, but she is in the loving arms of my Daughter, fast alseep!
Miracles happen and Im over joyed, we have out gorgeous angel back for Christmas, THANK YOU ALL XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX :thanks: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Gail x x x

Link to CatChat