Author Topic: losing hope :(  (Read 3204 times)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Re: losing hope :(
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2007, 10:21:37 AM »
For the happy ending to this story this morning, please see Miracles Happen in this section  :Luv:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2007, 20:23:57 PM »
Thank you, aww I do hope so, that would the best Christmas present ever, My Daughter just wants Ruby home for xmas, nothing else she says :( thanks for your support. Will keep you posted, her brother Alfie is in for his op in the morning, he is missing her too, seems so quite, hopefully he will be ok, and will have to postpone Ruby's op date which was Tuesday, fingers and toes firmly crossed!
Gail x x x

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2007, 20:20:48 PM »
Remember there's still a couple of weeks to go before Christmas - by then, she will probably be safely at home where she belongs.  I'm praying for you too  :hug:

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2007, 20:02:07 PM »
Hi there, aww thank you, these tales are encouraging, I think its the time of year making it worse, and her first xmas, but will keep the faith, and sending prayers for her safe return, or that she is ok and being looked after, and not in distress x  x  x
Gail x x x

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2007, 19:18:14 PM »
Hi Gail, I'm so sorry to hear about Ruby.  As others have said, cats go missing for longer than 5 days and turn up, so please try not to think you'll never see Ruby again.  My Minnie is 7 years old and partially deaf and blind, and went missing for 19 days in August.  Because of her disabilities and the fact that she'd never been gone for more than a few days before, I assumed the worst and when she reappeared, I actually collapsed in shock!  And a friend of mine recently found a stray cat and after the cat had hung around for 6 months, she decided to formally adopt it, and took her to the vet for chipping.  It turned out she already had a chip, and when the vet called the registered owners, they were astounded as the cat had been missing for THREE YEARS and they'd given up all hope.  Stay positive  :hug: :hug:

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2007, 17:27:36 PM »
aww thanks Sam, its so hard,,, we placed 100 laminated flyers on trees today all over, and will do more !!!
Ive had many pets, but Ruby has always been that bit special to me, having a bath she would sit and play in the sink, or in the kitchen she would turn on the tap, she loved water! or loves should I say, its the little things, you look around and its so empty, I feel so empty inside too, I know she could probably fend for herself, but she is such a pampered little madam, I was doing my weekly shop and just burst out crying in the pet section, I still bought all her favs and there her waiting for her, I just hope she doesnt think we arent trying, missing her so so much x x x :thanks:
Gail x x x

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2007, 17:19:58 PM »
Hi Gail,

Sorry Ruby is still missing  ... I would definitely go over to the houses and push some flyers thrugh letter boxes and try and get some posters up in prominent places.

The more posters you have up the more chance you have of finding your baby.

Stay positive and don't give up on your little one.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2007, 17:04:59 PM »
Hi Ruth, aww bless him, living of spiders :Luv2: yes, followed all advice, we just thought about what Christine said and there are some houses, in sight of us, but a good mile or so if walking, if hoping over fences, a pretty straight line, so going to head up there tomorrow, going to have to find them, its like we can see them, but getting to them seems far, but like Christine said to Ruby its pretty much a straight line! So again maybe we need to look further, and from her point of view rather than ours, I think there isnt many toms round here, so if that was her quest, thats what could of happened, I know there no rule of thumb, but how long would they search for a tom? days? xxx :thanks:
Gail x x x

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 17:02:31 PM »
Urban foxes are very, very wary of cats.  We have a pair of urban foxes here and they keep well away from Blip and all the neighbourhood cats.  Do not torture yourself with worries about the foxes  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 16:57:10 PM »
Hi Gail.....please never lose hope.....I lost my cat for 13 days, he was trapped in a lock up for 13 days living off spiders  :sick:

I found that in my case flyers posted through neighbours letterboxes and poster's with pref a piccy on and offering a reward (however small/large you want but dont put price on) this helped me get my cat back home safe....

Coincidently the said lock up I passed at least twice daily....he was just not ready to be found....have you read "Sam's advice"?

Good luck  ;)

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 16:49:44 PM »
Hi Christine, aww your so kind with your replies :), well there are 3 toms round here all neuted,who she spends time as friends normally, Ive seen them yesterday, one was seen to be hanging around a lock up at the back of some nearby shops all day friday, the lady in the sandwich shop told me this when we went in to ask about Rube, anyway we checked the lock ups but nothing, her normal routes we have covered, she doesnt really go far, (daytime) never been out after dark,  with  so unsure of the nearest male that isnt, neuted,across the road, it backs on to street, after street after street, posting the flyers even I became a bit lost, so 4 of 5 fences, would take you quite far, walking wise if that makes sense, I thinkbecause of the weather since she went, ( not stopped raining once) and the time of year and her little xmas stocking waiting, makes it worse to bear, I know she is lost, as if she was near she would come back, thats the kind of cat she is, so its that feeling of her being lost, making me so sad, more flyrs went out today, I keep checking the phone, and awaiting it ringing, but nothing so far, its quite a vast area, we placed her brother cat litter out with us, sprinkled bits of the stones, and contents of hoover, and placed my daughters pillow case, which she sleeps on with her most nights, on the line, its just as each night approaches I sink back into despair, thinking 5 nights now, and nothing, its so hard, tried to wrap some pressies today but just couldnt, the look on my childrens faces is also hard to bear, we do have foxes and also we have spotted a wild feret or stoke in our garden, Ruby not being so stret wise, sadly after almost a week makes me fear the worst, as she was such a routine little thing, 20 minutes sniff around and in, fingers crossed x x x
Gail x x x

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 16:19:02 PM »
You will probably find she is not far away - Zsa Zsa was only a couple of hundred yards from home but her family would never have thought of knocking on our door as we are in a straight line east of them if you are a cat but a very winding route if you are a human who cannot trot through others peoples gardens!  Might be worth thinking about Rubys likely route from a cats perspective, rather than a human one?

I have just read your original thread for the first time and she has probably gone a-courting.  Do you know of any neighbourhood male cats who might have attracted her?

Keep positive.

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 16:09:46 PM »
Thank you, I just cant think where she could be, we miss her terribly x
Gail x x x

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 16:05:31 PM »
Please never, ever lose hope.  I myself found a cat, Zsa Zsa, in our garden last year who had been missing for three whole months - I wish you could have seen the looks on the faces of her family when they came round to collect her.

There are plenty of others who can give you similar first-hand stories, so keep up the search and stay positive.  We know how you are feeling right now...

:hug:

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
losing hope :(
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 16:01:51 PM »
As Ruby's 5th night alone approaches, Im losing hope of ever seeing my little angel. come home soon Ruby x
Gail x x x

Link to CatChat