Author Topic: Lost Cat Stockport area  (Read 8834 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Lost Cat Stockport area
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2007, 17:15:46 PM »
How did her op go?  ;D

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2007, 15:19:43 PM »
It also hugely increases the life expectancy and temperament of your cats. In short, they will thank you for it in the long run  ;D
Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2007, 18:33:50 PM »
Please dont worry about it and let it you delay it, the sooner shes done the less there is to remove.
Even for a female it doesnt bother them! They need demand a special dinner of something yummy to make up for the vet trip and they are off!
Ask your vet if they can use glue on her wound so she wont have to wear a collar, if she is left too long then they may have to do a midline spay which costs more and a little longer to heal up.

Aslong as she isnt dopey theres no need to seperate them, i had 5 done at once and they carried on as normal  ;D ;)

Are you planning on next week? :wish:

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2007, 12:33:12 PM »
Morning :) aw thanks again, how bad is the op? Alfie is doing fine but I know for a female its much worse, Just as her and alfie are settled seems such a shame everything has to change again, but I know its for the best, I just worry she is up to such a big op, Im also worried it will be over xmas when vets are going to be closed, but again know its for the best, just hope she is strong enough, I guess we would have to keep her apart from Alfie, how many days on average is it bad for? Thanks x x x
Gail x x x

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2007, 12:12:55 PM »
Oh bless you I'm so glad there is a happy ending. I really don't want to burst your bubble but I can't agree more with MM. She's almost certainly met a handsome young tom on her travels and really does need looking at asap. Let us know how you get on. All the best  :hug:
Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2007, 17:01:37 PM »
Great news  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Please book her in ASAP just incase she has been caught out by a tom or three

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2007, 09:26:48 AM »
 :morning:   Gail

You must be overjoyed and I am too what a wonderful start to the morning.  I bet you are really looking forward to Christmas now!

:welcome 2:         back Ruby

The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2007, 09:14:21 AM »
MIRACLES HAPPEN!!!! RUBY IS HOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She was at the door at 8am this morning, and I cannot express my emotions, I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for your kind words and support, and when my hope was fading it was people here who lifted this.
She looks exhausted, hungry (2 pouches of sheba so far!!) and very dusty, and also very nervous at noise, but she is in the loving arms of my Daughter, fast alseep!
Miracles happen and Im over joyed, we have out gorgeous angel back for Christmas, THANK YOU ALL XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Gail x x x

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2007, 17:09:04 PM »
Hi, Alfie is in , in the morning, for his, and Ruby was booked in for Tuesday, which at the moment is on hold, Ruby's mum is now spayed too, I guess for me it was just a few days too late :( Alfie isnt her true Brother no, we rescued him from a box, he was unwanted and had cat flu we nursed him back to life, always was very small now he is a big strong boy, but missing his sister badly he isnt eating much which isnt like him Alfie is known for his big appetite bless him!
Gail x x x

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2007, 16:32:24 PM »
I hope she comes home soon, when she does please spay her straight away, shes too young to be having babies herself  :(

:luck: :luck:

Is Alfie her true brother? I would encourage your friend to get her cat done too so her cat lives a longer happy life.

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2007, 15:39:19 PM »
Well another evening passed, the food went, but unsure as to who may of eaten it! At least it was out if Ruby came, no sign again last night, woke a few times and shouted her,been a little further a field with the flyers and posters today, although my hope and faith seems to be fading slightly today, everything reminds me of Ruby and everywhere is filled with Christmas, and my Christmas spirit is on empty!
We checked waste ground across the road from us, no sightings, she seems to have vanished,we also seen 2 other flyers with cats from the same area missing too, also similar colourings to Ruby, which is a worry. We put flyers in local shops last night too, hopefully someone somewhere may have seen our little angel, come home soon Ruby x x x
Gail x x x

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2007, 23:06:10 PM »
Food now placed out, thanks again for all your help tonight, makes us feel we're not alone in this, will be placing site in my favs, such a helpful warm place, will be around if anyone is from Stockport, do keep a look out for little Ruby x x x
Gail x x x

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2007, 22:42:33 PM »
aww thanks x Yes we left some out although the cats in street seem to eat it, but then we put more out! Around here all the males are neuted, so she may have to had to go further a field? as its odd no one has spotted her, or had a sighting of her in the streets near us, thank you its made me feel better, knowing I guess there is reason for it, I just hope my little pretty has a good sense of direction, we miss her soooooooooooo much x x x we keep tapping her bowl, which was a call sign to her, and will leave more food out tonight, fingers toes, also crossed!!! ty x
Gail x x x

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2007, 22:37:42 PM »
If Ruby is in season then she may stay out for as long as it takes to find a mate but hopefully not too much longer.  It may sound obvious but are you leaving food in your garden or by the back door?  It may just tempt her back.  I have my fingers and toes crossed for you.

:luck:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2007, 22:34:14 PM »
aww, and this lasts for a few days/nights? its her fourth night on her own tonight, how long do they usually stay out for? (Thanks so much for all your help btw x x )
Gail x x x

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 22:32:09 PM »
when a queen is in heat, food is the last thing on her mind!!!

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007, 22:29:02 PM »
She is 10 months, and that night was rolling around oddly, which ive now been told is part of her being in season, my own fault I guess for letting her out, she had her appointment Tuesday, wouldnt she come back for food tho? x x x
Gail x x x

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 22:25:50 PM »
If she was entire, then yes, she may stay out for some time ... How old is she?

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 22:24:17 PM »
aww thank you x your all so kind, yes we think Ruby may have come into season, as she never cried to go out at night, if she had, would she stay out this long looking for a mate? Or perhaps she did and got lost? x
Gail x x x

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 22:22:30 PM »
Thanks, so much, yes im devastated, I haven't ever felt like this for a pet, I think because I seen Ruby from birth ( my friends cat was her mum) and picked her, and waited for her, and I guess she is very spoilt, so I find that hurts more, than if she was street wise, she has never been hungry so to speak, always had food and warm and love on tap!
I feel also for my Daughter, she was going through a bad time when we got Ruby and they bonded so much, she is so upset, we call her at the back door all the time, and have scoured the streets, rang all the vets yesterday and rescue centers, but nothing. We had a call Friday afternoon from a lady a few doors down, and my heart leapt we ran down there with her basket, and as the door opened I thought of her little face looking up at me but sadly it wasnt Ruby, and thats made me feel worse since then, rush of many emotions I guess.
We hope we pray, and I try to block the awful thoughts im having and keep busy, as its her first xmas we bought her treats and a little hat, which is waiting for her, never cried so much! and Im usually a very strong person. ( Hoping and praying for our Ruby to come on home) Thanks so much hun for your reply.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gail x x x

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 22:20:37 PM »
So sorry Gail, it's so awful and painful and worrying.  

As Bc says there is some great advice from Sam on the link she gave and on that page there are some great sites with more advice. One site with great info on what best to do is http://www.soyouhavelostyourcat.co.uk/#1  Have a look at the 10 commandmants there.
Esp the nuber 7 and 8. That has worked for alot of people - calling at night and listening. Many times they are in the area but unsure how to get back.

We know how you are feeling and so hope Ruby come home soon. Don't give up hun.  :hug:

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 22:19:30 PM »
Good evening Gail and   :welcome:  to Purrs, good to have you on board.

Sorry that you have come to us under sad circumstances.

Here is the link to Sam's lost pet advice  http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php?topic=4304.0

Is it possible that Ruby may have come into season in view of the fact that she was desperate to get out, if so she will be looking for a mate.  I am not surprised that you miss her as Ruby is an absolute beauty.  I do hope that you will keep us posted it really still is early days for you and I hope that Ruby will come home safe and sound - believe me I know what it is like when they decide to go walk about.

:where:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 22:13:04 PM »
Oh Gail, you sound distraught - and who could blame you - she is a darling. There is a link here, on the site that gives all sorts of sensible advice about search strategies. First of all you must make sure you put up posters EVERY where. Make some up and print them off at work. Make sure they have Ruby's picture on them and ways they can contact you if they see her. Place them in plastic sleeves that are sealed against the weather and put them everywhere you can think of. Also contact EVERY vet within 20 km radius at least, she may have been taken to the vet of the person who found her, and not necessarily in your immediate neighbourhood. Someone will put up the link for the thread I am talking about, but in the mean time, don't give up hope till you have to. Someone posted just today that their cat turned up after a year's absence. :hug: :hug:

Edited to add: http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php?topic=4304.0
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 22:13:55 PM by blackcat »

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
Lost Cat Stockport area
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 22:07:49 PM »
Hi, my name is Gail and I live in the Stockport area, we have lost our beloved cat Ruby, if you are in the Stockport area, please keep a look out for her, she was last seen on Nangreave road Heaviley, which is near to Offerton. Ruby didnt go out at night, but happily used to potter in the garden in the daytime. She was desperate to go out at 1am in the morning on Thursday 6th December, I watched her, but took my eyes of her for a minute and she just vanished, we have sent flyers, called vets, the council and posted everywhere, no one has seen Ruby anyway. Myself and my children are devastated, all we want for Christmas is to see Ruby's beautiful little face at the door. She is a very pampered cat, and I cry everytime I imagine her having to fend for herself, cold, hungry and cant get home. We miss her so much, not sure what else to do, we have asked neighbours to check sheds, garages, and gardens, but nothing.
I know she could come home if she could. If you see her good news or bad, please email me or ring 0161 456 8217.
Ruby is just 10 months old, she is quite distinctive in markings : Gingery white, with tortoise shell markings too, a lovely little pink nose, white legs, and she doesnt meow very loud she just squeeks, she is loved and missed terribly, and we want her home with us for Christmas, Her Brother Alfie who is 6 months old, wont eat he is pinning for her, which is also a worry for us, Ruby wasnt wearing a collar because she didnt like them, she was due to be neutred and chipped on Tuesday morning, if anyone sees anything in the Stockport area please help we think she has wandered and now cant get back home. Thank-you :(
Gail x x x

Link to CatChat