PURRS IN OUR HEARTS CAT SHOW 2011 INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE SEND YOUR PICTURES IN FROM SATURDAY 23 APRIL 2011
1. Please send your entries to me, Rosella Moggy, at RosellaMoggy@GMail.com.
They should all be attachments rather than embedded into email. Each picture entered in Class 1 needs a LOLcat caption but it doesn't need to be on the photo. However, for more than 1 LOLcat entry, it would greatly assist if I am able to figure out which caption goes with which photo
2. All entries should have your Purrs name, the name of the Furbabe and the Class each photo is entered in. It would be fabulous if you were able to name pics before sending
(e.g. RosellaMoggy/Freddie/Class1LOLcats) but that isn't vital. The email should also indicate the amount of your entrance fees and the date you sent this to Purrs. Please send your entries to me as early as possible from Saturday 23 April; the closing date for entries will be THURSDAY 5 MAY 2011
3. If you are able to resize pictures, please make them 600 pixels on the longest side. No worries if you are not able to do this, I will resize them for you
. Please do not send very small pictures cos we want to be able to see your beautiful furry friend as clearly as possible
4. You can enter as many pictures of each cat in any Class that fits the cat. However the cat must have been cared for by you at some point in its life
5. It will be £1 per ENTRY per Class
. This will usually mean £1 per photo but
Class 2 (From this to ....THIS) requires two photos per entry so 2 pics for £1 for Class 2 only
. Funds raised will go to the Purrs Rescue Fund and be distributed by Tan between our registered rescues after the Cat Show Final.
6. The Purrs Cat Show 2011 will open for voting on Thursday 26 May and the Top Cat will be announced on Tuesday 21 June 2011
7. Entry fees can be paid by the following methods:
-sent to the Purrs paypal account using the donate button at the bottom of each page. This allows you to pay by your preferred method, credit or debit card without a paypal account or via Paypal account if you have one. Please add a note marked Cat Show with your Purrs user name. Please contact a member of staff if you are unsure how use the donate button. It's very important that you say what the payment is for so Tan can identify the CAT Show entries.
(If you don't want to use the donate button at the bottom of the pages, you can also pay by paypal by logging on to you paypal account and sending the entry fees to firstname.lastname@example.org This is just another way to pay by paypal so you can choose either to click the donation button or
logon to your paypal account)
-direct by bank transfer over the Internet which would save on Paypal fees. If you are able to pay by this method, please PM me or another staff member for bank details but again please show Cat Show with your Purrs user name on the transfer.
-sent by post using a cheque or money order. Please include a note of Purrs member name and how many entries. (so we can match to entry forms).
Make payable to - Purrs In Our Hearts
and send to:
Purrs In Our Hearts Cat Show
10 Stag Close
8. Money and pictures must arrive by THURSDAY 5 MAY 2011 at the latest, to allow time to put them on Purrs ready for voting. Due to my newbie status in this role, I will need more time that Gill had last year
. Did I say be kind to me?
9. The classes for the Purrs Cat Show 2011 are as follows:Class 1 LOLcats Class 2 From this to ..... THIS
(which apart from showing young uns blossoming will hopefully show fabulous work of rescues) Class 3 Video of Furbabe(s)
- (suggest these are a max of 30 seconds and will need to be emailed to me as a link already uploaded to either Youtube or Photobucket This Class is gonna be especially useful for all those fidgets out there that won't stay still for pics!)Class 4 Golden Oldies
(aged 15 yrs and over) Class 5 Relaxing Cats Class 6 Playful Cats Class 7 Cat ExpressionsClass 8 Cat Positions Class 9 Cute Cats Class 10 Mainly Fluffy Suited CatsClass 11 Mainly Smooth Suited CatsClass 12 Cats and their pals
- (to include feline and non feline pals)
10. There will be three rounds of voting, first round, semi-final and finals. The number of votes you have at each stage of the show will be determined by the size of the entry in each Class
11. From the semi final round, the top 12 cats will go forward into the final round of voting, to establish the Purrs Top Cat of 2011. You can have 3 votes only in the Final which is very wicked I know Please remember that this Cat Show is for fun only and to raise funds for our rescues. Every cat is wonderful and loved to pieces.
SCHEDULE (with any luck and a following wind)
Thursday 5 May Entries to be received and money paid
Thursday 26 May First round voting starts
Thursday 2 June First round voting ends at 2000hrs
Friday 10 June Semi-final voting starts
Tuesday 14 June Semi Final voting closes at 2000hrs
Saturday 18 June Final voting starts
Monday 20 June Final voting closes at 2000hrs
Tuesday 21 June Announcement of Top Cat
Ooo and prizes for the show
3rd place - £10 shop voucher plus material rosette and framed winning pic.
2nd place -£20 shop voucher plus material rosette and framed winning pic.
1st place - £30 shop voucher plus material rosette and framed winning pic.
special prize if appropriate - £10 shop voucher plus material rosette and framed pic. Tan is getting actual rosettes made this year If a video wins she will take a still pic of it for the framed picture prize.
Ain't she just a star? Finally, best of good luck to everyone and have fun!